Contacts of low-run, cost-efficient vinyl pressing plants in Europe?

Started by Ivan, February 25, 2018, 02:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivan

If anyone has experience with pressing 100-200 7"/12" and is satisfied with the production- brief info would be appreciated.

ANDROPHILIA

-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

Urban Noise

www.mobineko.com

Used them for several vinyl pressings, going from 100 to 250.
Mostly Metal stuff, but the Sektor 304 I've released was pressed by them and I'm very satisfied.
New Approach Records
www.nghproductions.limitedrun.com
www.newapproachrecords.wordpress.com
www.nekrogoatheresyproductions.wordpress.com

Ivan

Thanks- the prices they offer are not particularly appealing for low-runs; it all costs the same up until 300 copies, and then 15% less then 500.
I got the following quote from a friend that used AMEISE (Germany) - but seems like the plant is no more; anyway, I like to think there's someone else offering the same deal:

200 x 7" copies WITHOUT COVER = 476€ (black) or 516€ (colored), postage included

FreakAnimalFinland

For 7"s, many have said my45.de does fast nowadays. They always had good sound and good vinyl quality, but my experiences was horrible with several months delays. For their benefit, it was supposedly caused by having out-sourced metal works, so man with pressing plant and laquer cut machines is helpless is company doing actual pressing plates delays it.

But now several guys told it's like 8 weeks or so to make decent prices vinyl.

Mobineko, as far as I can tell, should be launching their own pressing plant during this spring. Now, they have been broker who used MPO (france), who is hit & miss for quality. When all goes fine, it's great. But often LP's are warped, cup-shaped or other flaws. Often nothing that would affect sound itself, but visually can be annoying. Mobineko says their factory should be higher quality - but of course, it will not be in Europe.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Ivan

This was of help, thanks!
If anyone else here has used their services- curious to hear.

Goat93

I used Mobineko once and Flight 13  also. Both were good without any Complains. Actualy it was before these RSD Shit, so all have now Heavy Delay Times cause of this.

http://www.audio.cd/ runs also low Quantity, but never worked with them myself. is Steinklang Industries

Euro Trash Bazooka

Quote from: Ivan on February 26, 2018, 06:28:26 PM
Thanks- the prices they offer are not particularly appealing for low-runs; it all costs the same up until 300 copies, and then 15% less then 500.
I got the following quote from a friend that used AMEISE (Germany) - but seems like the plant is no more; anyway, I like to think there's someone else offering the same deal:

200 x 7" copies WITHOUT COVER = 476€ (black) or 516€ (colored), postage included

I have a friend who had an awful experience with Ameise, just saying...
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

Urban Noise

Also used Ameise. The first ever vinyl I've made was pressed there. Turnaround time was always big, but on my last order, it was like 6 months or something. another thing about Ameise... they are or were, not sure, Antifa so, anything a bit related with other political themes will end up cancelled.

Bad news if Mobineko will make a factory outside Europe. Customs will make it impossibl€ to work with them.
New Approach Records

Goat93

Quote from: Urban Noise on February 27, 2018, 11:37:32 AM
Also used Ameise. The first ever vinyl I've made was pressed there. Turnaround time was always big, but on my last order, it was like 6 months or something. another thing about Ameise... they are or were, not sure, Antifa so, anything a bit related with other political themes will end up cancelled.

Bad news if Mobineko will make a factory outside Europe. Customs will make it impossibl€ to work with them.

Ameise is indeed Left Winged and Antifa related, got a cancellation cause of working with a "Bad" label from them.

Mobineko press the CDs already in Hong Kong, so they are someking of Broker anyway

Urban Noise

I've made a CD from them and yes, came from out of EU, not sure from where now or if the factory is from Mobineko or if they just work with them, but it was a painful experience because of Customs so, first and last try. The CDs are great, but with all the trouble it is not worth it.

8merch.com also work with small pressings. No idea about the vinyl, but the CDs are good.
New Approach Records

impulse manslaughter

Had about 20 releases pressed through Mobineko. Very satisfied with the quality and service.

Urban Noise

Please note that Portuguese Customs are the most fucked up out there, not only on taxes but with all the bureaucratic shit, so, my view on receiving stuff from outside of EU is very particular. Mobineko is great for sure and probably people from other countries will not have the kind of problems I had to receive their CD's.
Regarding the new vinyl factory they made, I've read in a newsletter they will handle the transport from Taiwan to Europe and only then sending it to the costumer. So, if this happens, no more Customs problems are to be expected. I guess.
New Approach Records

GEWALTMONOPOL

I've had problems with Mobineko. Their service isn't the best and the slightest hitch, even under the most mitigating of circumstances, are either ignored and therefore multiplied as the Mobineko machine chugs on, or they just leave up to you with precious little back up from them. I've had some relatively simple things go wrong due to that. One example being the locked groove on the last SHIFT album which turned up with no locked groove at all. Their reasoning being it was too complicated so they just ignored it and didn't even tell me. When I went nuts their response was one of "due to this we've decided to stop providing locked grooves for future orders". Not really the response I expect as a paying customer with multiple orders to my name. Eventually it was rectified elsewhere by someone more reliable.

All in all the end result have mostly been good but the route there can be unnecessarily complicated. My experience of their MPO pressings is very good. Their vinyl sounds gorgeous! Sleeves tend to be good too. If only they could improve their customer service a bit.

I'm curious to see the result of them going it alone but I'll wait for the report from others before I risk anything myself.

Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

bogskaggmannen

Any pressing plants still doing editions of 50 copies nowadays?