Seattle/PNW?

Started by NIT, May 08, 2017, 12:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NIT

Anyone involved with noteworthy live events in the Seattle area? Am I just too much of a hermit or are things as completely fucking dead around here lately as they seem? Is Debacle the closest we have? Not much interest for me, less so every year ("take a vacation from normal" - spare me the fucking details).  Even the hardcore scene that was flourishing a few years back seems to have died down. Portland doesn't seem to have this problem.

Cdan

There's a pretty nasty show 5/19 that I posted about in the Live Shows section: Bacillus/ Pain Appendix/ Full Metal Confused/ Obsidian Needles / Interracial Sex / Primordial Wound at a house in Capitol Hill. Have some other things that hopefully I can announce soon. Pent Up Release generally do monthly gigs and other ill shit too

NIT

Cdan- thanks for the info, will be looking into this

Cdan

No sweat, there should be some other pretty good shit coming up in July/August as well. Olympia seems to have stuff going on every now and again as well.

NIT

Starting to find the relevant paths after a bit of research. Will definitely be at the show on the 19th. Lived in this area forever but I tend to fall out of touch

david lloyd jones

hope you all live happily ever after.

absurdexposition

Quote from: KMusselman on May 08, 2017, 05:46:29 AM
Vancouver is an hour North.

Vancouver has always been a harsh noise stronghold. This year's noise fest is looking to be solid once again.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

slugbait

I've been wondering about this as well.  I too am a hermit, on the Eastside no less, so I don't exactly have my ear to the noise ground.  However, there is the monthly Squall event at Kremwerk which last year had The Rita.  There's one this weekend.  I'm not sure if this is more noise or ambient or what but... 

http://www.kremwerk.com/upcoming/2017/7/1/squall-ft-entrail-btep-the-persistent-dj-maire

There is Pharmakon at Kremwerk on the 15th.  Tickets are a bit more, $15, but, what can you do?  I'm going.  I keep an eye on the Pent up Release page but so far, not much seems to be happening. 

The only places I'm aware of that have noise shows is Kremwerk and Gallery 1412.  I keep thinking there must be more but I just don't know of any.  If anyone has any info, please let us know.  Both Olympia and Portland have a fair amount of noise; I keep thinking Seattle does too but I can't always find it. 

xdementia

I've been in Seattle for over 2 years now and there's a decent amount of stuff going on. Certainly Dan Fried (Primordial Wound) and Peter (Interracial Sex) rip it up. Abe (Prisonfood) and Felicia (Masturbatory Dysfunction) do lots of great shows and Peter (Bacillus/Condo Horro) does a lot of stuff too. Debacle is bringing Pharmakon over on 7/15 (as mentioned earlier) and I am playing a show with some rippers on 7/22 https://www.facebook.com/events/117453558800505/

Also my friend Andrew plays as Pathogens and it is some really sick Slaughter Productions influenced death industrial but he doesn't play too often. There is a sick collective called Caligula Cartell which has members of To End It All and they do these intense unholy noise/drone performances - really sick stuff. First one I saw there was live bloodletting with a woman drinking the blood.

Overall a pretty happening scene I think.

NIT

The Interracial Sex/Primordial Wound, etc. show mentioned earlier was great, and at a venue I hadn't been to (The In). 

collapsedhole

Quote from: xdementia on June 29, 2017, 02:45:29 AM
Also my friend Andrew plays as Pathogens and it is some really sick Slaughter Productions influenced death industrial but he doesn't play too often.

hey egan, any way to get more info on this project? as expected, google search was useless and nothing on discogs that i could find either.

xdementia

Quote from: collapsedhole on June 30, 2017, 05:09:07 PM
Quote from: xdementia on June 29, 2017, 02:45:29 AM
Also my friend Andrew plays as Pathogens and it is some really sick Slaughter Productions influenced death industrial but he doesn't play too often.

hey egan, any way to get more info on this project? as expected, google search was useless and nothing on discogs that i could find either.

Just found this! https://soundcloud.com/pathogens-1

Cdan

Show for Gordon Ashworth on 8/20 at Rendezvous 5PM

Zeno Marx

Quote from: Cdan on July 15, 2017, 09:13:05 PM
Show for Gordon Ashworth on 8/20 at Rendezvous 5PM
A benefit?  For illness?  An accident?
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Cdan

Nah just him playing