Special Interest
August 12, 2020, 05:04:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43
  Print  
Author Topic: BLACK METAL  (Read 150067 times)
XXX

« Reply #615 on: February 03, 2020, 10:14:26 PM »

I wouldn't know for certain on specific distros, but you could always reach out to the man behind Nächtlich. He is the most lovely human on the planet so I am sure he could let you know if he is getting artist copies, and if he isn't, maybe he could give you some more insight. Feel free to message me for his contact info if you can't find him. I don't want to just put his info out on forums if there isn't a reason to!
totalblack
Heavy user

« Reply #616 on: February 06, 2020, 06:38:21 PM »

Also saw posted today that the Grausamkeit - Pink Green 666 tape is going to be reissued as a 7" in early March, so hopefully some of the other material will see new issue as well.

cr
Diehard user

« Reply #617 on: April 30, 2020, 05:10:41 PM »

Don't know much about Female Black Metal bands or bands with female band members, or whatever... and also was never really interested in it, but today I heard Asagraum - Dawn of Infinite Fire.
And holy fuck! I really, really like this.
Urban Noise
user

« Reply #618 on: May 02, 2020, 05:02:22 PM »

Mother of the Hydra is a project from one of Asagraum ladies.
nekrogoatheresyproductions.bandcamp.com/album/mother-of-the-hydra-contradiction

New Approach Records
nghproductions.net
cr
Diehard user

« Reply #619 on: May 02, 2020, 06:03:55 PM »

Yeah, thank you! I have this Mother of the Hydra album since some years and also the V-Kaos demo tapes, but I didn't know, she is a Asagraum (live) member.
Batteryxcage

« Reply #620 on: May 22, 2020, 03:47:32 PM »

Listening to Fimbulwinter and their 1992 rehearsal tape sounds pretty damn good for what it is. Luckily, the remaster for their Servants of Sorcery album retains the same energy and rawness.
AnonMessAgeSage

« Reply #621 on: May 22, 2020, 09:24:33 PM »

Only like Numinous, DSO, Clandestine Blaze, Swedish Shining.
Early Mayhem and Burzum.

Pretty nothing else anymore. Though, some Satanic Warmaster ain't bad  musically....

Most black metal has become too gimmicky and silly for my tastes.

Either life is Hell, or my mind is super fucked up.
AnonMessAgeSage

« Reply #622 on: June 08, 2020, 07:49:57 PM »

Listen to very little Black Metal these days, but I always find myself coming back to Clandestine Blaze.

God damnit, Aspa, you are a goddamn wizard with some of those riffs.

Either life is Hell, or my mind is super fucked up.
NaturalOrthodoxy
user

« Reply #623 on: June 15, 2020, 01:02:46 PM »

I usually have little interest in cross-pollination between black metal and industrial, in my experience I've heard a lot of what just sounds like blackened NIN. However I've discovered some gems with the help of youtube recently.

Concilia (Portugal) - Concilia demo (Harvest of Death/Signal Rex 2018)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raHZPF5YaLs

Apparently improvised black metal, with a lot of non-drum percussion. Metal and wood sounds, creaking doors. To me it feels like taking an industrial approach to black metal, with LLN-esque production value, even if the end result is mostly somewhat orthodox bm. incredibly enjoyable anyway.

Veneno (Portugal) - Depois a Morte (Gravações Tunguska 2009)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t337mYxVX0k

Interesting mixture of slow, pounding black metal which reminds me of Mystifier even if it doesn't necessarily resemble it, but with elements of post-punk too. There is also a heavy dose of early Swans/Einsturzende style metallic percussion and industrial improvisations throughout. Again nice raw production, but bass heavy as opposed to being tinny or sterile.

would appreciate recommendations for similar stuff

Aldous

« Reply #624 on: June 15, 2020, 04:44:43 PM »

I usually have little interest in cross-pollination between black metal and industrial, in my experience I've heard a lot of what just sounds like blackened NIN. However I've discovered some gems with the help of youtube recently.

Concilia (Portugal) - Concilia demo (Harvest of Death/Signal Rex 2018)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raHZPF5YaLs

Apparently improvised black metal, with a lot of non-drum percussion. Metal and wood sounds, creaking doors. To me it feels like taking an industrial approach to black metal, with LLN-esque production value, even if the end result is mostly somewhat orthodox bm. incredibly enjoyable anyway.

Veneno (Portugal) - Depois a Morte (Gravações Tunguska 2009)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t337mYxVX0k

Interesting mixture of slow, pounding black metal which reminds me of Mystifier even if it doesn't necessarily resemble it, but with elements of post-punk too. There is also a heavy dose of early Swans/Einsturzende style metallic percussion and industrial improvisations throughout. Again nice raw production, but bass heavy as opposed to being tinny or sterile.

would appreciate recommendations for similar stuff

This is another release by Veneno: https://tunguskarecordings.bandcamp.com/album/gnihton-ot-syek

The drummer was part of Sektor 304. There is the rumour of a second Veneno album coming out soon...
totalblack
Heavy user

« Reply #625 on: June 29, 2020, 03:32:39 PM »

Grausamkeit - Pink Green 666 7" is available for order from Dominance Of Darkness: https://86860483.shop.strato.de/p/grausamkeit-pink-green-666-7-limitiert

Eigen Bast
user

« Reply #626 on: June 29, 2020, 07:19:22 PM »

Thanks-I thought I missed it.

Listening to Engram by Beherit. What it lacks in atmosphere (compared to DDtM) it makes up for in pure bullheaded aggression. 7 tracks, in and out.
evilxskin

« Reply #627 on: July 14, 2020, 03:50:16 PM »

Bought two new Vothana CDs from Werewolf Records (not released by him). Now playing the new one:

Vothana ‎– Biệt Động Quân / Commando

If you like the earlier stuff, you will like this one too. Songs are pretty long, like Vothana stuff usually. They vary between 9:30 - 13:07.
Great black metal with Vietnamese sound world. Lots of talk with tough guy PE, is this tough guy BM? Or is all BM tough guy music, heh?
evilxskin

« Reply #628 on: July 14, 2020, 04:13:14 PM »

Thanks-I thought I missed it.

Listening to Engram by Beherit. What it lacks in atmosphere (compared to DDtM) it makes up for in pure bullheaded aggression. 7 tracks, in and out.
Speaking of Beherit... That "Down There..." LP (by The Lord Diabolus) what Dark Descent Records/The Sinister Flame put out last year is a mandatory release!
NaturalOrthodoxy
user

« Reply #629 on: July 18, 2020, 01:38:11 PM »

Or is all BM tough guy music, heh?

I think you could probably count on your fingers the amount of really "tough guy" black metal bands!

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43
  Print  

Jump to: