Special Interest
August 18, 2019, 11:03:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]
  Print  
Author Topic: GENOCIDE ORGAN  (Read 104512 times)
Thor
moderate user

« Reply #255 on: March 14, 2019, 07:16:40 PM »

The price and limitation is an endless debate when it comes for something like this.
15eur for a 7’’ is not that expensive if we thing in all those aspects/costs and everyone running a label knows that.
Paying 13eur for a CD is more expensive in comparison and no one seems to care about it, when in reality must of the times, making a 7’’ or even a tape is more expensive, per unit, than a CD.

But yeah, a 1250 pressing will take some time to sell out. Hopefully. I imagine must of the fans will not buy all the colors.

I think cds are way too expensive and I almost never buy them except at discounted prices. I'd rather pay 20 for a lp than 12 for a cd
Harvest
Heavy user

« Reply #256 on: March 14, 2019, 07:32:44 PM »

can we move this discussion to a proper thread?

http://www.special-interests.net/forum/index.php?topic=414.0
Scat-O-Logy
Diehard user

« Reply #257 on: March 14, 2019, 09:09:53 PM »

I'm waiting for Archive and the singles compilation. They'll come eventually I guess...

impulse manslaughter
Heavy user

« Reply #258 on: March 14, 2019, 10:19:08 PM »

5. if you "don't mind to pay a few bucks extra", why don't you donate some money to GO to help them out?

For me, I'm willing to 'pay a few bucks extra' when I like a certain label because I know some cash flow is needed to continue releasing records. Esp. when records aren't selling out fast it means a lot of the money invested will be sitting on shelves for years.

Anyway, CD's are being sold usually for 10-15 euros; not sure what theproduction costs are these days but can't be more than 2/3 euros. LP's for 15-20 euros; small pressing with simple artwork will be about 5 euros. If this is considered to be normal than the price for this 7" isn't that strange. Sadly, most labels just gave up on 7"s because the audience expects them to be really cheap while it's getting more and more expensive to make them. Esp. in low quantities like with most noise/industrial releases.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 02:44:03 PM by impulse manslaughter » Logged
Urban Noise
user

« Reply #259 on: March 15, 2019, 01:33:01 PM »

I'm waiting for Archive and the singles compilation. They'll come eventually I guess...

I'm also waiting for that. I'm out of the vinyl rush.

New Approach Records
nghproductions.net
impulse manslaughter
Heavy user

« Reply #260 on: March 15, 2019, 02:44:47 PM »

Archive CD box would be nice!
Urban Noise
user

« Reply #261 on: March 15, 2019, 04:28:30 PM »

Something like the Ultra ‎– "Delirious Elaborations" 4CD box would be fucking amazing!

New Approach Records
nghproductions.net
Euro Trash Bazooka
Heavy user

« Reply #262 on: March 15, 2019, 05:47:47 PM »

Paying 13eur for a CD is more expensive in comparison and no one seems to care about it.

Well, no?  Why do you think P2P or Napster appeared back then? Why do you think people would rather pay for single digital music files and Deezer, Bandcamp, Spotify, etc are thriving? Why did the CD industry kind of collapse and major labels are now reissuing everything they can on vinyl? Because everyone besides some niche fetishists cares.

Sorry for derailing the topic.

DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/
Urban Noise
user

« Reply #263 on: March 15, 2019, 06:04:01 PM »

We're talking about noise here, a niche in it self, not the industry in general...
A quick view on the main distros and we see most of the CD's are 12/13 euros. If they are at that price, it's because it sells for those prices.
Comparing the production price of a CD to a 7'', the 7'' is higher and usually sells for less. That's all I wanted to point with that stament.
As said before, endless debate.

New Approach Records
nghproductions.net
cr
Diehard user

« Reply #264 on: March 15, 2019, 07:53:14 PM »

Yes, something like this would be great. Only managed to get six 10"s of the Archive series and also missed the Kahane Chai 7" and as I have very limited internet access at the moment I will probably miss the new 7" as well. So not too limited compilations, in the near or not so near future, would be very welcome.
Thor
moderate user

« Reply #265 on: May 04, 2019, 10:58:23 AM »

Wanted to give a thought on the new :Movement: 7" and this series that has begun with :Kahane Chai:.
Okay GO is a type of hype band and will probably always receive praises, but damn it if these 7" series isn't some of the best thing they have done for 20 years.
There debut is probably my favourite album although GO did a lot of astonishing work in there early years and in fact, over their career I've only encountered one album which I haven't fallen for (The truth will... I don't know, maybe I'll have to keep listening to that one), but while they evolved into a more "ambient" or minimal take on industrial, Obituary of the Americas brought back some unquestionable brutality to the GO type of style which continues in a very refined way in the 7" eps.
Well about this series. Focusing on religious fanatics through the eyes of politics and intolerance from different parts of the world. I guess GO never reveals their intentions but this seems to be the theme. I'm hoping for an Africa based one next although of the abundance of violence, tribalism and atrocities in that region, only a handful of african conflicts would fit this religious theme.
The electronics are deep and rich, bass/drone fueled, Movement has some piercing overtones and the short length is appropriate for the approach.
The vocals are what I really love, especially on kahane. Movement thus seems to continue in a very similar style to KC but still finds a slight shift to the more screeching type of sound whereas the theme is kept in place.
Seriously look forward to next release (I'm guessing there are more than those two)
impulse manslaughter
Heavy user

« Reply #266 on: May 04, 2019, 12:44:32 PM »

Still haven’t received my copy but agreed on the Kahane 7”. Really liked that one.
denethorgul

« Reply #267 on: May 11, 2019, 10:03:03 PM »

...over their career I've only encountered one album which I haven't fallen for (The truth will... I don't know, maybe I'll have to keep listening to that one

Most of the Truth tracks appear on disc 2 of the :Remember: CD reissue and are excellent. In many instances the live interpretations of certain tracks can lend a greater appreciation to the OG studio ones. Just what I've found with early G|O especially.

"WE EXPOSE ONLY SICKNESS BECAUSE WE ARE THE SICKNESS – WE ARE THE CORPSE, THE GERMS OF SCIENCE"

M. Nothing, 'Progetto Morte' 2001
Fistfuck Masonanie

« Reply #268 on: June 05, 2019, 11:59:31 PM »

For those unaware, the The Truth Will Make You Free LP and CD re-issues are up at Tesco.
SILVUM
user

« Reply #269 on: August 16, 2019, 08:57:57 PM »

The track "Sword" on Live in Japan 2007 is really good, it's definitely up in my top 10 G.O. tracks.  Playback w serious bass for most intense understanding of the track, cool doomy riff layer.

silvum.bandcamp.com/
silvum.tumblr.com/
instagram.com/the_silvum
nick-henry.bandcamp.com/
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]
  Print  

Jump to: