Quotes

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 20, 2009, 07:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GEWALTMONOPOL

A place to quote memorable things people have said, be they clever, profound, funny or outright stupid and laughable. There should be room for all of them as long as it at least somehow ties in with this music genre we call noise or whatever.

If you have the choice between good sound or loud then always go for loud.
Tommi Keranen

You are only as strong as your next release

Lee Howard - Iron Fist of the Sun

I've had plenty of rough sex

RJ Myato
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

Bloated Slutbag

"...I talk loud, I fart loud, I fuck loud, I AM noise."
- J Roemer
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

Bloated Slutbag

"They (Anckarstrom) got a Hugh Grant from the Goverment and released the serie and a couple of more odd releases.
- Stromkarlen (large caps added)

"Hey Jim, get the wrench. Let's make some industrial music!"
- Peter K, my old junior highschool pal, age 12

Sorry, too much coffee this morning.
And take you for a drag

Jaakko V.

ANUS: "When people say, "does art emulate life, or life emulate art," do they mean life as human life, or natural life? If so, how could trees/birds/etc. emulate art unless there was a preexisting commonality between art and natural life?"

Ildjarn: "I don't have a fuckin' idea."

http://www.deathmetal.org/interview/vidar-vaaer-ildjarn/

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on December 20, 2009, 07:49:31 PM

If you have the choice between good sound or loud then always go for loud.
Tommi Keranen

Wow, this is wonderful! I must remember this quote!

Andrew McIntosh

"For me, the most creative act is DO NOTHING".
Marco Corbelli. A personal favourite, an ethic I try to emulate and I wish a great many others would as well.

Quote from: Salamanauhat on November 12, 2014, 08:22:01 PM
ANUS: "When people say, "does art emulate life, or life emulate art," do they mean life as human life, or natural life? If so, how could trees/birds/etc. emulate art unless there was a preexisting commonality between art and natural life?"

That ANUS writer has put out some of the most ridiculous, pretentious bullshit over the years and it's a pleasure to see it rejected. Vaaer's refusal to even answer one particularly meaningless question is the most appropriate.
Shikata ga nai.

Cementimental

"so i listened to your soundcloud. i don't quite get this, it just sounds like someone knocking loads of condenser mikes over during a band practise for 5 minutes straight..... do people just freak out to this or something?" - Noblet, Drowned in Sound forums

Bloated Slutbag

"For eight months before my second operation, I had to wear a colostomy bag. And I have to say I wore it well."
- Thomas Ligotti, from his most recent interview.

"Nevertheless, I had to reach a stage where I could declaim, 'Behold the stool.'"
- TL, from the same interview.

(I admit this more properly belongs in the Literature Discussion forum – assuming 'Behold the stool' qualifies as Literature - but I've been hankering for an excuse to post something Ligottian for-ever. Or at least, ever since cr's post on EM Cioran, whom Ligotti quotes profusely- primarily in interviews. The interview above-linked gets into the whole topic of "interview as art form", to coincide, naturally, with the release of a collection of interviews entitled Born To Fear. Ligotti is eminently quotable, both in interviews and in his fiction – and his single piece of non-fiction. The man definitely speaks to me on all levels; I've been known to deliver extended Ligotti rants, direct quotes, verbatim, as vocals for more pe-oriented sets, or in karaoke booths, or just generally when pissed as a fart.)
And take you for a drag

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on November 13, 2014, 01:05:32 AM
Quote from: Salamanauhat on November 12, 2014, 08:22:01 PM

That ANUS writer has put out some of the most ridiculous, pretentious bullshit over the years and it's a pleasure to see it rejected. Vaaer's refusal to even answer one particularly meaningless question is the most appropriate.

Prozak is a legend. Too bad his humor is lost on most people.  

I'll add this one:

Quote"A dictionary begins when it no longer gives the meaning of words, but their tasks. Thus formless is not only an adjective having a given meaning, but a term that serves to bring things down in the world, generally requiring that each thing have its form. What it designates has no rights in any sense and gets itself squashed everywhere, like a spider or an earthworm. In fact, for academic men to be happy, the universe would have to take shape. All of philosophy has no other goal: it is a matter of giving a frock coat to what is, a mathematical frock coat. On the other hand, affirming that the universe resembles nothing and is only formless amounts to saying that the universe is something like a spider or spit." - Georges Bataille: "L'informe" ("Formless") 1929

Pax Chetyorka

"Hey, listen!"
- Navi

"You suffer, but why?"
- Napalm Death

"I used to love putting my old Korg MS-20 outside in the cold garage for a few hours during the winter months. I would then bring it inside the warm house, power it up, and program something simple with a SQ-10 sequencer, and that little twelve-step sequence would mutate for two hours. Constantly changing. It was amazing to me. You would leave the room, and come back and it would sound totally different. So organic and so alive. Its personality would change as it warmed up and became more comfortable, just like a human being's would."
- Rod Modell / Deepchord

"What [1,5 IPS] REALLY means to me, is about how far 19 year olds can ejaculate!"
- Minóy

"Song makes me have to do laundry and shoot myself. Dinner is burning too."
- leslie holocaust, youtube comment on "Through The Skies For You" by John Maus

Andrew McIntosh

"Silence is preferable to publishing rubbish and far better for one's reputation." Philip Larkin.
Shikata ga nai.

Andrew McIntosh

"Once you come out of the hole, you're dying." Bobby Liebling.
Shikata ga nai.

Deadpriest

My studies in speculative philosophy, metaphysics and science are all summed up in the image of a mouse called man running in and out of every hole in the cosmos hunting for the absolute cheese.

-Benjamin Decasseres
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

tisbor

Talking about each other's haircut with Mikawa, probably not his precise words but:
"I did not change my hair since secondary school. It's important to stay the same."