Workout PE/Noise/Industrial/etc

Started by birthdeath, February 12, 2015, 12:36:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

birthdeath

What do you guys listen to when you workout?

I usually listen to maybe some of the clearer sounding Bizarre Uproar or Whitehouse(Bird Seed and Asceticists, not my absolute favorite material from them but it's good for working out because of how bassy it is). Pretty basic, I just like anything that's chaotic and bassy/rumbly for working out.

HOGRA

HA! Noise nerds working out! That's great! They probably workout as much as they get laid!

birthdeath

Quote from: HOGRA on February 12, 2015, 03:27:23 AM
HA! Noise nerds working out! That's great! They probably workout as much as they get laid!
Yeah I was gonna mention that in the post but thought it would be mean. I actually usually listen to black metal, hip-hop, crust,powerviolence and lots of power electronics and death industrial lately, but I guess thats not much better :/. I've never been into the whole pedal-toy-bending-w/e thing though.

Jaakko V.

I listen to whatever there is playing in the sound system. Silence would be best.

I think explosive harsh noise with themes concerned with strength, energy, ideals of physical accomplishment etc. would be quite natural. Are there such releases? Weird if not.

There should be a band called BARBELL (and it should not be HNW). More testosterone required.

simulacrum

Cool thread.
Anything that's not too ambient, unless I'm about to do a challenging set. I've listened to too much Cruise-Asceticists-era WH during strength training it's ridiculous. Con-Dom's material on War Against Society does the job. Grunt and Deathpile are nice, too. S.T.A.B. electronics is also a consistent go-to. Anything self-loathing and miserable also works for me in a strange way, Even though I don't feel that way at all.
I recently got water-resistant headphones since it's cutting season and I'll be swimming for cardio on my rest days, the pool area is nearly silent aside from people splashing and the jets from the hot tub. Lussuria, Croatian Amor and the quieter side of the Posh roster, early Lust For Youth, Kassel Jaeger and Jacob Kirkegaard suit this mood nicely.

simulacrum

Quote from: Salamanauhat on February 12, 2015, 09:25:49 AM
I listen to whatever there is playing in the sound system. Silence would be best.

I think explosive harsh noise with themes concerned with strength, energy, ideals of physical accomplishment etc. would be quite natural. Are there such releases? Weird if not.

There should be a band called BARBELL (and it should not be HNW). More testosterone required.

Lol I'm working on such a release, actually. If I intended to focus exclusively on those issues and those related, I'd probably call the project Barbell tbh

Edit: I've always been into the idea of training in silence with only the sound of iron crashing down and men grunting. Maybe that sounds vaguely homoerotic lol. My gym plays dance music loud as fuck, and I wish I had the guts to ask them to silence it for only one or two minutes so I could record the sounds of heavy barbells and dumbells crashing and dudes struggling to complete their sets to sample.

MT

Nice topic. Just yesterday I had Bizarre Uproar Verilippu track looping while lifting, soundtrack of apocalypse, fantastic music for last tormenting reps. Also Grunt - World Draped... Works great. Harsh noise in vein of Macronympha always works.

simulacrum

Daft Punk's 1997 Essential Mix is better than any noise or power electronics, though. Just a heads ^ for those who don't know,

Levas

Lately some ambient/field recordings/ritual stuff. I remember Phurpa recordings were quite amazing while doing exercises.

whiteheatnoise

Quote from: simulacrum on February 12, 2015, 12:06:16 PM
Daft Punk's 1997 Essential Mix is better than any noise or power electronics, though. Just a heads ^ for those who don't know,

HA! I completely agree, one of my favorite mixes of all time, especially when I want to get some work done.

birthdeath

Quote from: simulacrum on February 12, 2015, 12:06:16 PM
I've never listened to this band, but it's pretty good. You ment for exercising right,..not in general..?

whiteheatnoise

No, in general as well, at least you're into house/techno.

birthdeath

Is techno discussed a lot on this board too? Or did some people go from techno to industrial, but still like techno better?