Special Interest
October 25, 2021, 07:32:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 556
  Print  
Author Topic: PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS  (Read 3242171 times)
GEWALTMONOPOL
Diehard user

« Reply #1020 on: April 25, 2011, 09:12:10 PM »

Volume levels are noticeably low on your LP Zeno but that is a result of the low end being what it is. Doesn't bother me. The volume can be cranked and it sounds fine.

Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...
Zeno Marx
Overkill user

« Reply #1021 on: April 26, 2011, 12:01:29 AM »

That middle, low-frequency period of Einleitungszeit is best experienced with headphones AND speakers.  There's a lot of minutiae to hear in there, but the low frequencies are great to be felt through the body.  I usually don't care for "headphone" albums, but sometimes you can't avoid it.

"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.
post-morten
user

« Reply #1022 on: April 26, 2011, 08:33:24 PM »

Speaking of Einleitungszeit... who came up with the ideas for the cover illustrations, the band members themselves or you guys that put out the albums? Some of them - and Aus der Leichenkammer in particular - always struck me as a bit over-the-top, even for this genre.
Zeno Marx
Overkill user

« Reply #1023 on: April 26, 2011, 11:25:38 PM »

Speaking of Einleitungszeit... who came up with the ideas for the cover illustrations, the band members themselves or you guys that put out the albums? Some of them - and Aus der Leichenkammer in particular - always struck me as a bit over-the-top, even for this genre.
Aus der Leichenkammer was them.  I fought it, but the language barrier prevented a solid discussion.  With rMensch, because of Aud der Leichenkammer, they encouraged me to do it all.

"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.
FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #1024 on: April 28, 2011, 09:48:41 AM »

DMDN "sling trip 2" CD
Perfect 80's industrial/pe. Could this be even better than PURE/RRR disc? Anyway, selected from the discography in similar way. Best tracks of some tapes. If I would have to recommend people who like what Industrial Recollections does, that you should REALLY get this one. And perhaps shamefully I should also advertise I should have time today to update FA mailorder list with this title for sale.. heh.. Anyways, Anyone who likes the 80's Euro PE should admire this. Rough, yet well done. Intense, but not falling into pointless noise.

HEBOSAGIL "Ura" tape
tape version of new full length. Should this be mentioned in Noise Rock topic? Maybe. Not exactly noise rock, not exactly sludge, not exactly hardcore or metal.. What it this? I don't know. Wild rehearsal sound quality, with obscure finnish lyrics, very well made and talented riffing. Good musicianship all over. Some has described this like fuzzy and grim mix of Unsane and Radiopuhelimet. Why not! http://www.hebosagil.com/

ICEAGE "live 2010" tape
Short noisy punk-noise from Denmark's Posh Isolation label. I think b-side gets better, short tape of ultimately fierce sound.

WAR "god made flesh" tape
C-20? Anyways, short tape from Posh Isolation which continues the path to become label best known for releasing bands with names that already been used by tons of bands before, hah! This is Copenhagen WAR which is lo-fi and grim electronics, yet also with this melodic/instrument/song method. If I have nothing better to say to compare, one could say some works of Ättestupa? Vintage cheap keyboards, rhythm but the lo-fi noise approach to music.

HUMAN LARVAE "What Lies Ahead" tape
Unrest continues to do the quality music on tape. Did I comment this before? Some parts of this reminds as if HL would have tried to approach music with SHIFT influence! Several moments of similar minimalism and effected vocals, but diversity within 6 tracks goes further and also conquers different territories. Heavy electronics from germany and project worth keeping eye on. Not sure which is better, this or the CD on Existence Establishment, but both worth to get!

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net
icepick method
moderate user

Show me your spine

« Reply #1025 on: April 28, 2011, 04:57:16 PM »

Die Menschzerstörung is by far my favorite Einleitungszeit release. The first song reminds me a lot of Strom.EC - General Enemy played at half speed.  rMensch 2xlp was good too. I agree with Zeno about Aus Dem Laboratorium, it's just boring. The last 3 albums are just too much extended static blast for my taste. Same reason i stopped obsessively buying Dissecting Table in the past year.  I like the older industrial stuff better from both artists. 

Also picked up 3 of their dvd's from FA. They put on a great show. The Auranoise dvdr should probably be mentioned in the performance art thread.

Industrial-noise zine archive http://shock-corridor.blogspot.com
ARKHE
Heavy user

« Reply #1026 on: April 28, 2011, 08:24:21 PM »

Alvin Lucier - I am sitting in a room. Hadn't heard before; quite an unsettling experience. The mechanic repetition of the voice recording, and the constantly extended obscuring of the recognizable words; as if a lense between the listener and the sound is becoming more and more opaque. Either the person talking is fading away from existing world into some kind of mist, or the listener is slowly loosing consciousness. Perhaps not something I will listen to many times - or even once again; I would most certainly grow bored in the abscence of this first rather profound listening experience.

John Cage - selected works for prepared piano and vocal ensembles and other stuff. Prefer the instrumental works, never been too keen on more experimental vocal works (rambling and shouting voices all in a mess - I prefer regular concert choirs like Carmina Burana, if anything.)

Bäckenfraktur - untitled c10. First release of this Swedish project, first release of the label, Pissoar. Solo venture heavy on the synthesizers. A bit too fiddly for my taste, but certain dark and heavy sounds and ambiances he achieves will hopefully be explored more thoroughly in the future. The main tracks actually feel like intros, and some short stuff at the end of both sides appear to take off, but ends abruptly. In its brevity, a good introduction to yet another newcomer in the Swedish scene (only the last 1½ years or so have seen a deluge of new more or less interesting projects; Khmer Noir, Arv och Miljö, Blodvite, Hängd, Amph, Händer Som Vårdar, Argonaut, Teufelsdröckh, Feberdröm, to mention those that come to mind right now...).

SPK - Leichenschrei. No comment needed.

SPK - Meat Processing Section. How could I have missed this for all these years? Amazing songs.

+ various ALUK TODOLO releases - the first 7", a live tape, and the collaboration with DER BLUTHARSCH which was surprisingly good; like regular AT releases with sad pop songs played on top. Highly recommended.

XE
« Reply #1027 on: April 29, 2011, 08:18:46 PM »

SICK SEED "Man And Machine" 7INCH
Brad
« Reply #1028 on: April 30, 2011, 07:50:58 AM »

Decree - Fateless
Ernpe
SI Staff
user

« Reply #1029 on: April 30, 2011, 11:30:52 AM »

SICK SEED "Man And Machine" 7INCH

A slight disappointment. For a 45 rpm 7" I'd like to hear more "instant hit" material, stuff on this record would be fine on a tape or lp. But on a 7", just makes me wonder why or how do these two tracks stand on their own. For me, they do not. Solid stuff, though, just too short to make an effort.

Noise & other underground reviews in Finnish: http://box-is-record.tumblr.com/
ConcreteMascara
SI Staff
Overkill user

« Reply #1030 on: April 30, 2011, 04:41:04 PM »

The a-side sounds like "instant hit" stuff to me!

P-K
« Reply #1031 on: April 30, 2011, 05:26:11 PM »

Decree - Fateless

how does this compare to the first 2 cd's? the first one was massive imho, second one was still "ok" ....
pontifx
user

« Reply #1032 on: April 30, 2011, 08:05:26 PM »

conqueror - war cult supremacy
davenpdx
moderate user

« Reply #1033 on: May 01, 2011, 04:29:31 AM »

Today:

Yen Pox - "Blood Music" 2 x CD reissue (think I may actually prefer the second CD with the s/t tape, but good dark ambient throughout.)
LR / Puce Mary - "Lucia" tape (strong material, looking forward to receiving the LP in the mail.)
White - "Tears of Piss" tape
Werewolf Jerusalem - "The Last to Know" tape

Mystery Attacks: updates / sounds
Rouge Label: updates
Violent Noise Atrocities
« Reply #1034 on: May 01, 2011, 06:25:04 PM »

Fuck Patrol - Contact
Marduk - Rom 5:12
Ministry - The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste
Emperor - Live At Inferno Fest
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 556
  Print