PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GEWALTMONOPOL

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on February 17, 2011, 08:42:17 PM
KE/HIL LP is very good! I think the weakest moment is the Monte Cazazza tribute song, but even that is pretty good. Album as whole, I was very positively surprised how strong industrial album it is!

I'd like to congratulate them on making an album that is even more introverted and depressing than Noehaem. Whether it's as good is too soon to say but it's definitely good enough.

Two descriptions from two very different sources:

An American friend with a background in punk and HC compared it to The Normal. I can hear elements of that but it's The Normal on Thorazine to dull the bad trip.

One of the members described it as "old mans industrial" which made me chuckle.

Quote from: Ernpe on February 23, 2011, 01:57:55 PM
Quote from: XE on February 23, 2011, 12:57:54 PM
BRANDCOMMANDO

Brandcommando

It's BrandKommando with a K. Come on guys, this is European industrial. You know that C's do not apply.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

Ashmonger

Praying For Oblivion - A Permanent Shadow (3"CDr, L.White Records): Pretty good record, 3 tracks. First track is gritty distortion, two others are less distorted, but nonetheless oppressive. The music itself uses quite a lot of delay it seems. Vocals with some distortion and delay as well.

bitewerksMTB

Multiple spins of the live side of the recent CLUB MORAL 10"
DIOCLETIAN LP
Listening to VULCANO "tales from the black book" now
PSYCHOUT "enforced sex"

absurdexposition

Pleasurehorse - Dropdead Deconstructed LP

Noise "remixes" of Dropdead songs. Sort of interesting, just low tones, nothing harsh or particularly stand-outish, a keeper in the end, though.
Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Brad

Chris Connelly - How This Ends (twice today)

RG

Iron Fist of the Sun - Danny LaRue Died In His Sleep cassette
Shift - Morose cassette
Shift - Creation And Space LP

Immortal - At the Heart of Winter new reissue LP
Immortal - Damned In Black new reissue LP
Electric Wizard - Witchcult Today LP
Electric Wizard - Black Masses LP
Ascension - Consolamentum LP

and a lot of The Beatles at work...kind of ashamed that I avoided them for so many years and only now starting to appreciate them (only stuff from Rubber Soul and after, the early stuff can fuck off, heh)

kettu

ALCHEMY OF THE 21ST CENTURY Beauty of Aesthetic Imperfection

ive heard one recording of the previous century which sounded pretty dated but this one I like a lot, I think the exxon slogan "im lovin it" would fit here. viuluviikarointi/the fiddling is much more than a monkey sawing at the thing which is usually the noise approach and the atmosphere  is very majestic yet crude. booklet is awful purdy too

bitewerksMTB

PENDING LEGAL ACTION: www.bitewerks.blogspot.com

for a limited time...

FreakAnimalFinland

CLUB MORAL "instrument of attraction II : Social hygiene" 10"
This is much better than the recent re-issue CD. It's not that far away, but just something hits my brain so much more than the CD. Also this has some of the most crude live recording with minimalistic sounds. B-side I have rotated much more. Dominated by angry vocals, sometimes the music itself is nearly irrelevant, but most of all it's fierce and noisy. A-side I have rotated much less, since it's more of this kind of "pre-EBM" meets sound poetry or what should you call it? Simple synth muzak rhythms with nearly non-sense vocal diarrhea on top. Good thing is, that it seems as if nobody would do this kind of stuff anymore (except Genocide Lolita covering the "Nazis of the night" found on this 10", hah!), but perhaps there are reasons for it... A-side has aged much less noble ways than B-side. Which gives kind of hint about the timelessness of good noise, compared to music that often is connected to very specific moment in history.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

P-K

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on March 01, 2011, 10:06:46 AM

pitty the booklet is 100% the same as previous 10", according to the label they did this because the first 10" was impossible to get hold of these days : LOL

Tommy Carlsson

Quote from: P-K on March 01, 2011, 10:27:51 AM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on March 01, 2011, 10:06:46 AM

pitty the booklet is 100% the same as previous 10", according to the label they did this because the first 10" was impossible to get hold of these days : LOL

It was hard to find back then as well. Or rather, the label Kapellmeister was a scam meister. Jeroen Provoost who ran the label ripped off Segerhuva for 10 copies of the 10" (= 95 euros) back in 2003. I hear he's still dj-ing in Belgium, so I hope I can make it there one day to meet him in the dj booth.

P-K

really? i see him from time to time....don't know about the dj'ing.....i'll ask about it. 

would you be interested in $ or 10"s ?

FreakAnimalFinland

I see also VOD is doing 5xLP box of Club Moral. It looks like after years and years of waiting, suddenly a lot of CM re-issues happen in short period of time?
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

trashritual

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on March 02, 2011, 10:26:37 AM
I see also VOD is doing 5xLP box of Club Moral. It looks like after years and years of waiting, suddenly a lot of CM re-issues happen in short period of time?

Also should mention lathe of DDV appeared on De Player label recently. Edition was incredibly small (10 units) and priced quite high (270,75 euro) but seems copies moved quite quickly. I am told a 7" lathe version will surface in the very near future at a cheaper price of roughly 60 euros. Should also mention that during recent installation a collection of entire Force Mental zines was published. All copies sold out during installation but DDV has mentioned a larger edition will occur soon for those who were not present which is great news.

Currently awaiting confirmation of material to be present on Vinyl on Demand box. I can assume will be a mixture of studio and live material. With such a vast discography as well as unreleased live material it is possible that entire box could contain material that falls outside of the Club Moral Archive series on Trash Ritual. I would assume LP on Cthulhu Records is included for example. I would personally love to see some of the other "related" acts to be included such as Etat Brut, AR/TE, V-Side, etc.

Tommy Carlsson

Quote from: P-K on March 02, 2011, 10:24:38 AM
really? i see him from time to time....don't know about the dj'ing.....i'll ask about it. 

would you be interested in $ or 10"s ?

We want our money back. He knows this, and has acknowledged his debt in an email this January. Since then he has stopped replying to any emails though, just as one would have guessed.

As for the Club Moral box set on VOD, that was probably the most exciting release in the 2011 schedule. I have been a VOD subscriber for all years, but I'll pass on it this year. I'm just not very keen on most of the other planned releases.

Great to see such a growing interest in Club Moral overall. I'll make so much more money when I sell my CM collection, ha ha!