PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

KE/HIL LP is very good! I think the weakest moment is the Monte Cazazza tribute song, but even that is pretty good. Album as whole, I was very positively surprised how strong industrial album it is!

Slogun new CD, fucking hell! Could this be up to very top in Slogun discography! And now as ltd 300 cd, being smaller pressing than almost anything in back catalogue. Don't miss!

Onamotopoeia "irrelevant" LP, old tape re-issued as LP. Who remembers? If you like the approach of some old UK noise. With sense of humor, sense of composition of experimental noises, this is great stuff. I keep repeating the "stuff you can't hear nowadays", and this artist is one of those. I can't think anyone who would be like this is contemporary noise? Brilliant.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

hannes

Family Underground - Demon Parade
Death In June - Burial

Max

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on February 17, 2011, 08:42:17 PM
Slogun new CD, fucking hell! Could this be up to very top in Slogun discography! And now as ltd 300 cd, being smaller pressing than almost anything in back catalogue. Don't miss!

so it's not tired noise with monotonous shouted vocals WAY too loud on top, like bloody roots? i've given slogun many chances, but it just doesn't seem to be my thing.

FreakAnimalFinland

Complexity of the songs and variation in sounds is higher than ever before. It is still Slogun. So for example delay drenched vocals having "same sound" is present in many tracks, but now some changes on that department too. To me it sounds like Slogun is the most experimental and the most innovative about the sounds he uses than for years.

Haare

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on February 10, 2011, 09:12:25 PM
Haare "death happening" 7", hahahah!!!! English guys have the good taste to treat our Finnish drone shaman! First At War With False noise put out cd with front cover saying HAAPE and now Turgid Animal unleashes the amazing beast of suomi-leijona into back cover!! Total classic!!! Red-neck drone? I think that is something what really needs to be there. I'm pretty impressed. What comes to the music, Haare is surprisingly chaotic and disharmonic here! Layers of reversed sounds creates demonic roaring noise. Which isn't harsh, but very far from relaxing. I'd like to congratulate band for being able to bring some nice new things to its approach! Other side is much more conventional Haare with eerie guitar drones and lots of layers of things happening. Could it be that reversed side is the other side.. just reversed? Nevetheless, Good 7"!
Yeah, think I'm gonna have to buy a Karhu/Karjala baseball cap soon...
As for the sounds, nope, it's not the same material reversed. Some sounds were used on both sides though.

hannes

Prurient - The History Of Aids, LP
I don't think I need any other Prurient release besides this one. So good!

RyanWreck

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on February 18, 2011, 07:59:22 AM
Complexity of the songs and variation in sounds is higher than ever before. It is still Slogun. So for example delay drenched vocals having "same sound" is present in many tracks, but now some changes on that department too. To me it sounds like Slogun is the most experimental and the most innovative about the sounds he uses than for years.

Good! I got tired of "Bloody Roots" so quick. Boring stuff after about 2 spins. I'm looking forward to this "We Human Animal" CD, ordering it now.

imaginaryforces

Quote from: hannes on February 18, 2011, 09:17:02 PM
Prurient - The History Of Aids, LP
I don't think I need any other Prurient release besides this one. So good!

I found a copy of this on vinyl at work a few months back. Brilliant release.

Ashmonger

Sewer Goddess/Diseased Oblivion split (CDr, Degenerate Slime): Sewer Goddess has two tracks, first one sounds more like her 'usual' stuff, with some 'dronelike' guitars and cool sparse use of drums (cymbals). The second track is more Funeral Doom Metal. Good stuff as well, like her vocals on this one. Diseased Oblivion is misery-filled Doom Metal, good stuff. Only on the first (of the 3) tracks the vocals are a bit weird, like very deep spoken vocals, just sounds a bit off. Glad I still got this though, overall good stuff.

Anenzephalia - Noehaem (LP, Tesco/Zaetraom): Started weird with the first track being kind of classical music (dark, subdued kind of but still), not what I expected, then the second track starts with electronics, but in a way compliments the first track very well, so this works fine. (That first track in itself is good as well, just was not what I expected, hehe.) Overall this is some really good Death Industrial. Really like this LP.

Genocide Organ - Leichenlinie (CD, Tesco): Being an industrial classic and having heard some GO material that I liked, I ordered this. Definately worth of buying, but I think it still has to grow a bit on me, due to some of the tracks being a bit monotonous it seems.

Control - The Cleansing (CD, PACrec): Heard some Control tracks (ao on the Hated Perversions comp) which I really liked, so I guessed this compilation of other material is as good a place as any to get more of his material. Definately like this a lot. Though being Power Electronics, there's also a kind of ambient feel to me. Also really like the effected vocals.

Der Stürmer - A Banner Greater Than Death (CD, Die Todesrune): I don't have too much interest in NSBM, but Der Stürmer is really great. Makes me think they're kind of the War Metal of NSBM. Although this isn't fully fitting, because they also have some songs with a more epic feel, which are just as fine. I also saw them live in Belgium a couple of years ago, and live they're just as good, maybe not really tight or anything, but raw and energetic nonetheless.

FreakAnimalFinland

Henry Chopin "catata for two farts & co" LP
Found this, and since it includes the killer "throat power" track it seemed to be the best Chopin to include in my own collection. Liner notes, great noise, especially the 2nd side, with before mentioned Throat Power and Vertigo Du Vertige tracks. If someone can advice for more stuff like this, please go ahead!! Perhaps not the cleanest pressing heard in world of vinyl, yet sound is so suitable for vinyl format.

Pimp Aktion-Slutgun LP.
Loooong awaited record, being the slightly cut version of original nearly unreleased C-60 tape on Zero Cabal. Nearly - because I think the planned anti LP packaging never happened, but some copies of tape with insert was sent around. I happened to get it back then, and thought the rough and crunchy noise was just too dull to capture my attention compared the genius works of Streicher. Years later, I listened tape again, and it was much much much better than my old memories. And now when I listen this LP, I must say this is my impression still. It is simple, crunchy and relatively low fidelity harsh noise wall, yet it has this "non pedal" sounding overdrive in all what happens. Making is very tasty and nice sounding, not too distorted. Not too thin. Not too processed. The moaning or howling voice is such a demented thing, when it arrives once in a while, you rarely hear such element in noise! Totally brilliant! I don't know if it's just the lack of very high crispy sounds combined with dry extra cold weather (-25 *C or whatever..), but surface noise is pretty extensive. Snap, crackle and pop is there constantly.

Maldur Atai 10"
Heavy repetition of loops. Clean sounds reverbed and delayed. Eastern themes, wibes of palestine. It's well crafted stuff with some live elements. Deutsch Nepal and such bands wouldn't be totally out of question when talking of this Lithuanian group. I would hope little more "modulation" of sounds instead of letting the same sound go on for too long, but in other hand it creates kind of epic mood. Will have to check how the CD's are!

GEWALTMONOPOL

Quote from: Ashmonger on February 19, 2011, 11:47:08 AM
Anenzephalia - Noehaem (LP, Tesco/Zaetraom): Started weird with the first track being kind of classical music (dark, subdued kind of but still), not what I expected, then the second track starts with electronics, but in a way compliments the first track very well, so this works fine. (That first track in itself is good as well, just was not what I expected, hehe.) Overall this is some really good Death Industrial. Really like this LP.

Try listening to this album and nothing else for an entire day. Preferably when not leaving the flat/house. What at first seems boring and non eventful evolves into a truly oppressive album if given enough time and effort. It'll make you feel quite anxious and uncomfortable. The first time this album really hit me was when I was stuck in one of the many never ending queues in the London rush hour. Perfect!
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on February 19, 2011, 03:51:01 PM
Pimp Aktion-Slutgun LP.
Loooong awaited record, being the slightly cut version of original nearly unreleased C-60 tape on Zero Cabal. Nearly - because I think the planned anti LP packaging never happened, but some copies of tape with insert was sent around. I happened to get it back then, and thought the rough and crunchy noise was just too dull to capture my attention compared the genius works of Streicher. Years later, I listened tape again, and it was much much much better than my old memories. And now when I listen this LP, I must say this is my impression still. It is simple, crunchy and relatively low fidelity harsh noise wall, yet it has this "non pedal" sounding overdrive in all what happens. Making is very tasty and nice sounding, not too distorted. Not too thin. Not too processed. The moaning or howling voice is such a demented thing, when it arrives once in a while, you rarely hear such element in noise! Totally brilliant! I don't know if it's just the lack of very high crispy sounds combined with dry extra cold weather (-25 *C or whatever..), but surface noise is pretty extensive. Snap, crackle and pop is there constantly.

I was informed LP is not cut. I had original tape on C-60, but seems like material is actually c. 22 +22mins = uncut LP. So if you hesitated to order because of that, don't!

Ashmonger

Quote from: TheGreatEcstasy on February 19, 2011, 05:11:33 PM
Quote from: Ashmonger on February 19, 2011, 11:47:08 AM

Try listening to this album and nothing else for an entire day. Preferably when not leaving the flat/house. What at first seems boring and non eventful evolves into a truly oppressive album if given enough time and effort. It'll make you feel quite anxious and uncomfortable. The first time this album really hit me was when I was stuck in one of the many never ending queues in the London rush hour. Perfect!

Just wondering, don't you mean the Leichenlinie album? Because as far as Noehaem goes, I don't have the feeling it's monotonous, whereas I said something along these lines about Leichenlinie.

Brad

I wouldn't consider Leichenlinie a monotonous album.

heretogo

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on February 19, 2011, 03:51:01 PM
If someone can advice for more stuff like this, please go ahead!! Perhaps not the cleanest pressing heard in world of vinyl, yet sound is so suitable for vinyl format.

You might like the Carlfriedrich Claus - Lautaggregat cd. Not quite as noisy as Chopin at his wildest but shares some of the same rough quality that is missing in a lot of sound poetry. Reminds me also of aktionists, Otto Mühl especially. The cd is available at least from Tochnit Aleph, not cheap but very much worth it. And it seems that the audio can also be downloaded from Ubuweb, along with other stuff that I haven't checked out. I think TA is going to release a retrospective set sometime soon?

Alga Marghen vinyl pressings are not the best, unfortunately. And the problem seems to shared by some other Italian labels as well, I guess they are all using the same pressing plant?