PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heretogo

Ramleh - Hole In In The Heart 2CD
I've never really investigated this group properly. The interviews in ALAP and Niche Homo raised my interest enough to acquire some more cheap examples. Very nice stuff, atmospheric and yet it doesn't wander off too much to pointless directions or detours. I can definitely see the connection to "desolate urban lanscapes". The bleak psychedelic touches are just perfect.

Tangerine Dream - Cyclone LP
I guess this one is generally considered to be the sell-out album from this bunch? Doesn't matter, I like it all the same. Side A is more prog/pop-influenced but very well done with some stellar vocals. Side B on the other hand does the full-on kosmische thing for one long track.

Molluskground, Inc.

Bizarre Uproar - Filthy Communions 2005/2009 CD
Bizarre Uproar - Musta Rotta 7"
Macronympha / Bizarre Uproar - Split 7"
Perispirit / Cowards - Split 7" lathe

A S I T G

One Dark Eye "Transmissions of the Fistulae Auris"
Taeter "Parasite"
Kakerlak / A Fail Association split

hannes

The Pheromoans - s/t, CS Weird garage punk. Not sure about if its good or not, some tracks make sense and some not.
Trepaneringsritualen - Septentrional, CS A big step forward from the HHR tape, looking forward for new releases.
Pulse Emitter - Longing Tresholds, CS
Key - Crown of Winter, CD Really nice folk, wouldnt dare to call it neo-folk but it kinda similar. Have played this disc constantly since I got it.

narcolepsia

mutiilation - 1992-2002 ten years of depressive destruction 2LP

dwarr - animals LP

BVDP

Teintablood - Seven Chalices
Genocide Organ - In-Konflikt
Survival Unit - Will To Zero
Nyogthaeblisz - Apocryphal Progenitors of Mankind's Tribulation
Deathkey - Doctrine Of Intolerant Hatred
Blasphemy - Fallen Angel of Doom

bogskaggmannen

Severin Bestombes (Vom Horse Gore Club) "Auszug und abgesang" LP (Punch)
--Some years old side-project LP from Nový Svet's Jürgen Weber, far away from their other works as NS, this is more into calmer experimental dadaistic vein. Focus on soundscape with strange breaks more than collage. Good, and requires repeated listenings.

Robert Turman "Way down" LP (Dais)
--Old works from 1987. I haven't heard the tape set Hanson released but I guess this must be quite different from those recordings. This is guitardriven, instrumental monotone synthpop almost. Only a few good tracks and hardly the masterpiece the label tells us.

Andrés Krause "Move ground" LP (Streamline)
--Two long tracks of the slow, and intense, calm drone with field recordings I enjoy a lot. Fits nicely on Christoph Heemann's label.

Ke/Hil "Hellstation" LP (Tesco)
--Haven't heard much of this one anywhere? Strange, considering it's Wilhelm H. from Genocide Organ and B. Moloch from Anenzephalia/G.O. Quite easy listening and not really upsetting material, stuff in the T.G. vein, coupled with influences from more accessible synth/industrial music. Good, but not genuinely engaging. I had preferred new Anenzephalia any day!

jake

Panicsville+Prurient - Rubber Baron 8": Crude and noisy synth with alternating pitched-down spoken word and shrieking vocals. Sources seem to indicate this is a split release but sounds like a collaboration to me. I think I like this release a lot.
Curved Blade - Be Like Death cs: Supposedly Bone Awl+Prurient+Akitsa collaboration project? Enjoyable but far too short and the ideas don't seem fully fleshed out. I definitely like some of the things I am hearing but would like to have seen more time/thought put into this release and have a solid full length.
Prurient+Nico Vascellari - Jesus 2xcs: Nice stuff! One side on each cassette of a live collaboration and the other side (I'm presuming) is a collage studio work. Live actions are minimal with lots of feedback and screaming, the "studio" tracks are moody incorporating spoken samples. Liking this a lot.

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: bogskaggmannen on January 21, 2011, 11:26:31 PM
Ke/Hil "Hellstation" LP (Tesco)
--Haven't heard much of this one anywhere? Strange, considering it's Wilhelm H. from Genocide Organ and B. Moloch from Anenzephalia/G.O. Quite easy listening and not really upsetting material, stuff in the T.G. vein, coupled with influences from more accessible synth/industrial music. Good, but not genuinely engaging. I had preferred new Anenzephalia any day!

Maybe it hasn't yet been spread very widely? I have heard people getting it already month(s?) ago, but still waiting my copies. Expecting LP and CD to distribution as well.

I haven't seen anyone to mention Pacific 213 2xCD release either. And it SHOULD be of interest of anyone into old industrial-noise. We're talking of double CD collecting material from old reel-to-reel tapes from bands archives.. and was it mainly era of 1st LP and before? Not just re-issue of something, but actually stuff what has been never heard before. That too, I'm still waiting to get. For myself, and for sale.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

bitewerksMTB

The only thinkg I remember frm Pacfic 231 was the LP that had a tarpaper sleeve, "Power Focus" & it wasn't very good. Never checked anything else out from them. Is earlier material better?

FreakAnimalFinland

http://www.special-interests.net/forum/index.php?topic=45.0

Unusual Perversions LP = totally great. And in my opinion, far better than anything that came after. That's why waiting for the 2xCD of old stuff.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

bitewerksMTB

I d/l'd "Unusual Perversions" so give it a listen soon. Says it comes from a tape..

Holy shit, this is good!

Ritual

Today

Keränen "Bats In The Attic" CD
Excellent harsh noise! Varied sound with lots of dynamics! Perfect length for this sort of stuff... some 35 minutes.

Haare "The Temple" CD
Sludgy, dark, psychotic drone with quite a harsh edge to it. Noisier than more recent stuff, but just as excellent.

Haare "Nightmare Sutra" tape
Probably my favourite Haare release. Dark and nightmarish...

SRMeixner "Ten Thousand Ways To Die" CD
Latest output by ex-Contrastate member, and the final release by the ever excellent Segerhuva label. I don't know of any suitable descriptive label for this sound. There's a bit of drone in there, a bit of ambient, some samples, guitar, piano, harmonica (might be sampled)... just for starters. A very personal exploration of what the common themes of spaghetti westerns might be. Very recommended! I wish more music was made in this vein...

BVDP

Today

STROM.ec - Divine Legions Beyond Psyche
Survival Unit - Will to Zero
Grunt - Europe after Storm
Blasphemy - Blood Upon the Altar/Gods of War
PEK - Worship & Obey
Alfarmania - From Fix to Fix

bitewerksMTB

BLOOD OV THEE CHRIST behind thee bars cd; haven't made it all the way through yet. more than half played while creating upcoming 7" artwork.