PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on May 30, 2012, 08:48:55 PM
That guy also did a huge zine but, again, I can't remember the title.

Grim Homour. I remember when I pre-ordered copy from Bad Vugum back in... 94 or something, of issue that should have had 7" with Bad Vugum bands on it. It never came out and eventually got years later refund as far as I remember.

He is still around, 4th Dimension etc.. Still publishing stuff and has distro list. Now living in Poland.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Ashley Choke

Recent reissues:

DDV - A Sound Atlas Of Venereology
Gear fetishists wet dream and a definite case of the pupil outshining the teacher. Clear TG influence but better, harder and more consequent. Been spinning this non stop since I got it some months ago, many regards to Chris for making this available, really this could have been as big and influential as many so-called Industrial pioneers. Last track might be first instance of full-blast Deathpile styled PE burst?

One Dark Eye - Manic Depression
Does a lot more for me than the other recent ODE on IR. Strange and twisted lofi noise, no clear direction, no concussions choice. Focused blur to use such a contradiction. Enjoy all the recent Macro and related items but this must have been best of the bunch, closely followed by Super Oxide and the Cut Ups.. LP

Local tapes:

Vanity Productions - Døden ikke Heller
Where the first tape had sort of a IDM/AFX vibe, this time around VP evokes a more soundtrack like atmosphere, still with pulsating beats buried somewhere in the mix, knowing Stadsgaard's current preferences in electronic music the Sandwell District influence is somewhat deteced. IMO the two VP tapes is definitely the man's most interesting solo output since the glory days on the PA burning Sarahs Charity live shows

Assault Guard - For those appreciative of the Sensual properties of Rubber
New AG cs on Nordisk Klub, released today? Shows great development from the quite good debut CDr, Pulsating synth, heavy rhythmic tape loops and buried manipulated samples. True oldschool Industrial. Great artistic and crude colour artwork. Lukas could be y second brother so I'm quite biased but really a marvelous tape. Watch out fot this one

bogskaggmannen

Kranioclast - Can I talk or s... 7"
Cranioclast - (The) L.K.A. sonar kit 7"
V/A - Sverige LP
Death Magazine 52 - s/t DLP
Giancarlo Toniutti - The early tapes period 3LP+10" BOX

Tenebracid

sewer election - vittra sonder lp - haven't seen much talk about this one since it came out earlier this year and it's excellent.. up there with Vidopna sar and Kassettmusik in terms of musique concrete from the sewers.

orifice training - bathroom abuse, blisters and contusions lp
organum & the new blockaders - pulp & salute cd
luc ferrari - presque rien cd
club skull - the origins of... cs
dilloway/lescalleet - grapes & snakes cs
en tragedie - sosterbyerne cs

FreakAnimalFinland

ASHTRAY NAVIGATIONS "the "o" mouth direct input raygun" 7"
Turgid Animal
This is the prime example of absurd UK noise. With track titles like "Moonfried marshmallow eyesockets signific indifference". I used to admire old A.N. stuff, but at some point I got really bored with with it. I guess it has a lot to do with one terrible live show I saw. Not that anyones one bad set should ruin anything, but it's not always about intelligent reasons why you like or don't.
This 7" restores my faith in fact that Phil Todd most certainly knows what he is doing. Not so much muddiness of drone muzak, but quite crystallic high pitch synth resonation and oscillation, with mellotron and guitar creating solid drone background. Nothing here will revolutionize the world of noise, but gave few spins for the 7" and especially in this type of 4 songs in 7" format, it works well. Hits into somehow same nerv as old MITB electronic tracks. Short, atmospheric, gets the job done.

JOHN WIESE "Mixed Metaphor / Into A Bad Way" 7"
Phage tapes
Huh Huh!!! Fuck how intense harsh noise this master presents on the 7"! If there is some need for Wiese harsh noise, don't hesitate on this one. Modulation is fast, textures and rich and dense. Frequencies are covered from heavy mid-bottom to middle-crunchyness to highest thin crisps. Everything moves all the time and very tasty timing and composition what comes to knowing when to modulate sound palette in frenzy, when simply make abrupt cut to jump step further. Essential!

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

RyanWreck

After all these years I have only heard 1 John Wiese track (at least to my knowledge), it was the one on "Nitro Dragsters". So where would you suggest someone start with Mr. Wiese? I didn't think I would ever really like it knowing what type of Noise and Power Electronics that I do listen to but by your review maybe it is time to check something out.

TODAY
Erotikens Historie - Lolita Problemet (2011, Posh Isolation) - I definitely wouldn't say this is strict drone, there is definitely some dirty Noise stuck in here. Side A consists of building a synth hiss up around a droning foundation until it engulfs the whole track. Side B is really good, unlike Side A this one didn't have to grow on me, it just sounded great right off the bat. The track really gets good when the sounds are panned to both ears and everything gets louder which happens a few times. Like Side A there is one specific sound that grows and grows until it engulfs the track itself. This tape itself is growing and growing to become one of my top 5 favorite Posh Isolation releases.

ARKHE

EINSTÜRZENDE NEUBAUTEN - Haus Der Lüge
One of my EN favourites, especially the Maifestspiele section of Fiat Lux, highly unsettling piece of sound. Not always a friend of Blixa Bargeld's mannerisms though.

Absolute Supper 2cd comp
Classic Swedish compilation, sums up what Cold Meat Industries was about pretty nicely? Classic era covered, with BDN, Megaptera, Deutch Nepal/Frozen Faces, etc industrial greatness, and Ordo Rosarius, Protagonist, Puissance bombastic goofiness that I can hardly stand at all these days. Go drape yourselves in velvet & read some poetry in a castle somewhere... Most important though is the CINTECELE DIAVOLUI track closing it. Mortiis never was better than with this project. Edit: have to mention that NACHT is almost as amazing as AGHAST.

Going forward with the Esthetics Of Cruelty compilation felt natural. Only a few years older than Absolute Supper, the focus here is almost solely on harsh noise, power electronics and similar, of which there was hardly anything on the previous one (BDN came closest I suppose). It's not a compilation of CMI acts (though some were), but a guide to what was going on in the Swedish harsh scene back then (released in 1999). Wide variety of names, some still active & important, some forgotten. INSTITUT, IRM, TRERIKSRÖSE, MOLJEBKA PULSE, PROIEKT HAT/IRGUN Z'WAI LEUMI, BAD KHARMA and BLOD are among the more known. Could just as well have been a Segerhuva compilation, for what it's worth (half of the artists appear on the Sweetness Will Overcome comp) - all of it far from the Gothic cheese that has diluted the CMI catalogue. Someone ought to re-release the IRON JUSTICE album.

ghoulson

SENTENCED FOR LIFE "COLD IN THE BLUE" [tape - Abysmal Sounds]
Australian post-mortem / power electronics project from Badd (WÜRM). Recommended.

blood heavy, bashed up electronics from under the southern cross.
vitriol death industrial to boot, violence, paranoia & incarceration.
two side long dirges of various themes made with
analog power corruptions, booze, drugs, fx, and the love of hate.
tape edition of 88 copies.
listen at http://soundcloud.com/viva-la-muerte
contact bustedupslut@gmail.com
get fucked ya cunt.

VOLKSMORG [tape]
Another mandatory tape. I witnessed Volksmorg live aktion at Icetodiron, Vilnius 2010 - extremely powerful - hearing this tape now only strengthens my belief that the Lithuanian industrial / power electronics scene is one of the most interesting around. 

Matthias

Geography Of Hell - Sarajevo 1992 Tape (Lust Vessel)
Lettera 22 - The Dieter Tapes Tape (NNA)
Tongue Knax - Thee Grand Fidelity Tape (Second Sleep)

acsenger

Meshuggah - Contradictions Collapse

One hell of a technical metal album, with a lot of thrash metal influence, and very different from their later style for which they became famous.

Van Der Graaf Generator - Pawn Hearts

A good prog rock album. Don't know everything by them very well; my favourite is H to He Who Am the Only One

Lockwood/Top/Vander/Widemann - Fusion

Don't know what style this is - not fusion in the jazz-rock sense, that's for sure. The instruments are bass, drums, synths and violin. Sort of rock music with a flexible structure.

Mauthausen Orchestra - Sonic Deprivation

Never heard MO before this compilation, and despite having read about it of course, I was still shocked to hear how filthy it sounds. Especially the first half of the CD I found really sadistic in intent as well as soundwise. Great stuff.

Mixed Band Philantropist - The Impossible Humane

Got the tape re-release from 2011 I think. Nice collage-stuff with occasionally funny moments.

Hijokaidan - King of Noise

One of the first Hijokaidan albums, from 1985. Was listening to this on headphones from a laptop, so the sound was less than ideal, but it still came through that it's a pretty radical album, very intense at times. Has occasional drums as well by T. Mikawa.

ImpulsyStetoskopu

Quote from: acsenger on June 02, 2012, 04:13:49 PM

Van Der Graaf Generator - Pawn Hearts

If you haven't listened their "Still Life", you should do it. "Pawn hearts" and mentioned release are my favourite.

Hermann Keller - Schwebungen - Brechungen (LP)

Good free improv. Interesting sound colour of  prepared piano.

Philip Corner - Word - Voices (LP)

one of the best his album. There are many experimental metal - bell noises. Sometimes sounds like AUBE.

Massimo Toniutti ‎– Il Museo Selvatico (LP)

Interesting experimental, organic ambient with touches of modern musique concrete

Mario Bertoncini · Earle Brown · John Cage - Cifre · Four Systems · Cartridge Music (LP)

Classic. Here "Cartridge music" was played in 1970, and, I guess this is the best version ever . Probably it is more noise as usually, earlier and after that.

Doc Wör Mirran - For Serpentine, I Am (LP, Album)

Good experimental music with good touch avantgarde of rock music.

hannes

Hvide Sejl - The Nude, very nice recording with a romantic Sci-fi soundtrack vibe to it.
Prurient - Oxidation, was curious about this one, but I was a bit dissapointed. Maybe have to give it some time?

Ashmonger

Sektion B - Power is nothing without control (LP, Steinklang Industries): This is a good piece of power electronics, in the 'not-so-very-harsh' category, so to say. Guess most people know Sektion B, so there's not much to add. The track Hate has really great, convincing vocals. Bit funny to hear the line 'I hate plants', though.

Concern - Misfortune (LP, Isounderscore): field recordings, tape loops, effects... This is at the same time calm and full and brooding. I really like this LP. I also feel that further spins will bring more elements to light, which is good! Saw him live in Antwerp, together with Matar Dolores, and although the sound installation (consisting of nothing more than a bass amp) wasn't the best way to experience his music according to him, I think it made very clear what his music is all about and still was very good.

Deterge - Anacoluthon (C30, Anabolic Dimensions): Compared with the recently released Substrate Catalyzation, this tape is more Harsh. I still have to give it extra spins, but judging from the first spin, I think I like Substrate Catalyzation more. Right now spinning it again and I indeed don't like the A-side very much, especially the first track, but the B-side is very good. Bleak electronics, even sorrowful at points.

Bleak Existence

Kakerlak ‎– Reproductive Activity Rhythms

enmity

A RADIO WITH GUTS MIX:

MERZBOW - BATZTOUTAI WITH MATERIAL GADGETS - THIS DYING TOAD BECOME FORTH WITH COAL FOR COLOUR BLACK
BREATHING PROBLEM - KIMBERLY PART 1
KAZUMOTO ENDO - WHILE YOU WERE OUT
GRUNT - LONG LASTING HAPPINESS PART 1
TAINT - CRACKED OUT
THE GREY WOLVES - BEYOND HYPOCRISY
NICOLE 12 - STILL MOMENT
BIZARRE UPROAR - UNTITLED

http://ia701203.us.archive.org/21/items/ARadioWithGutsEpisode060/06.04.12.mp3