Special Interest
October 24, 2021, 08:38:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 556
  Print  
Author Topic: PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS  (Read 3241316 times)
bogskaggmannen
Heavy user

« Reply #1155 on: June 15, 2011, 09:45:36 AM »

Ashley C - Timeless Reality CD (Freak Animal)
It's been awfuly quiet about this one for some reason

My guess is that people that generally buys Posh Isolation-related music thinks CDs are gay.
Ashley Choke
« Reply #1156 on: June 15, 2011, 10:03:48 AM »

Haha. guess you're right. That said I haven't been actively involved in Posh Isolation for almost two years now. Still a fantastic label I must add. Soon my own little cassette label will see the light of day. First tape will be a release under my own name Klaus H. Hansen
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 03:31:21 PM by AC » Logged
nidding
moderate user

« Reply #1157 on: June 15, 2011, 10:30:07 AM »

My guess is that people that generally buys Posh Isolation-related music thinks CDs are gay.

Hah, they are! Made for rotting on a shelf.
Doesn't take away from the fact that Klaus managed to do a really good, coherent album. Great for spinning in the background and great for listening too.

Oh yeah and been listening a lot to François Bayle - Jeîta Ou Murmure Des Eaux - a fantastic electro-acoustic album.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 10:33:56 AM by nidding » Logged

Ashmonger
Diehard user

« Reply #1158 on: June 16, 2011, 12:27:05 AM »

Skinmask - Reinstallment of Harmony (3"CDr, R.O.N.F. Records): Nice first release for this project. Some parts remind me a bit of Halthan and Grey Wolves. Vocals are rather buried in the mix, which I think fits very well in the whole sound. Cool artwork as well, kind of classic 'artwar' stuff like for example Grey Wolves used to have. Nothing earth shattering special, but I'll most probably keep an eye on future releases.

UGRA
« Reply #1159 on: June 16, 2011, 05:12:14 AM »

Today:

HAUS ARAFNA - New York Rhapsody
SHINING - VII - Född Förlorare (boring...........)
YOGA - Megafauna
DIAMANDA GALAS - Malediction & Prayer
ConcreteMascara
SI Staff
Overkill user

« Reply #1160 on: June 16, 2011, 05:44:38 PM »

How is the new Haus Arafna?

P-K
« Reply #1161 on: June 16, 2011, 05:51:33 PM »

imho it follows the You/Butterfly road but a bit harsher (but NOT like Blüt), more weird vocals effects, clanging metal, .......pure genious.

RJF cd on Segerhuva.....excellent oldschool industrial TG/SPK/Cab's, crude & twisted
NON sick tour cd......found my copy back after years of collecting dust, forgot how good this is, pure loopwork
Brad
« Reply #1162 on: June 16, 2011, 07:46:31 PM »

RJF cd on Segerhuva.....excellent oldschool industrial TG/SPK/Cab's, crude & twisted

Is this still available anywhere?
Mattias G
user

« Reply #1163 on: June 16, 2011, 07:59:25 PM »

Is this still available anywhere?

Direct from the label, good stuff! http://www.segerhuva.se/mailorder.html

Ashmonger
Diehard user

« Reply #1164 on: June 16, 2011, 09:18:37 PM »

Brandkommando - Changes (C60, Nil By Mouth): A side is rather laid back, calm electronics, nothing really extreme. I actually like this, interesting to hear how this works, while actually using the same elements like most of the more aggressive stuff. B side is harsher, some good vocals. One track with kind of overwhelming feed back work, which works in itself but seems to stand a bit apart from the other stuff. Third track on the B side seemed a bit boring though. Overall not bad, but I wasn't fully convinced. Might have to give it some more spins though.

UGRA
« Reply #1165 on: June 17, 2011, 05:12:26 AM »

imho it follows the You/Butterfly road but a bit harsher (but NOT like Blüt), more weird vocals effects, clanging metal, .......pure genious.

Exactly. One of the best albuns I have heard so far on 2011.
RyanWreck
« Reply #1166 on: June 17, 2011, 11:33:05 AM »

Libertinage - Quick Cum (Biteworks, 2007)
Haven't popped this in in ages. Domineering, piercing feedback while caked in static crunch intensifying itself, sometimes cutting off and leaving you with more lonely, undefiled feedback. Vocals seem to be there but very buried and happen during a couple of random moments and comes in small doses. Expect Taint more than Mania.

Clo Goelach – Forced To Choke   (Klaustrosignal, 2009)
Clo Goelach's best material is to be found here. The title track, "Forced to Choke" and the quick stammering of "Failling Indigo/Sticky Hole" are my favorite Clo Goelach tracks and they can be heard on this album or on the collected work titled Baltic Filth released last year and also contaings his Streetwhore material which isn't too great. What you can expect from Clo Goelach doesn't share many characteristics with his newest project Body Cargo, with the exception of the dragging and sluggish heaviness. Clo is far more violent and direct with the pummeling of his fans. Tracks are mainly based on swelling walls and brazenly direct vocals and some underlying droning static. Other artist with this sound who immediately pop into my head is latter era Deathpile, Slogun and maybe some Organized Resistance/Brethren material.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 11:40:45 AM by RyanWreck » Logged
Tenebracid
« Reply #1167 on: June 22, 2011, 03:38:49 PM »

alchemy of the 21th century - beauty of... cd
women in the woods - distant 2xcs
ke/hil - hellstation lp
caucasian colony - stars of africa cs
prurient - bermuda drain cs

bitewerksMTB
Overkill user

« Reply #1168 on: June 22, 2011, 07:27:40 PM »

Nicole12- black line LP; loving it!
Shift/SickSeed- split LP; Shift is great, best I've heard from him. Haven't flipped it yet.
Paul Chain- detaching from satan 12"
Negative Plane- stain glass revelations (or is it reflections?) 2LP

RyanWreck
« Reply #1169 on: June 22, 2011, 08:16:41 PM »

Whitehouse - New Britain (Susan Lawly CD re-release, 1982/1996) - I'm sure I don't need to give this a thorough one since we all have it. To me it is a perfectly cold and provoking Power Electronics album. Tight mixtures of feedback, mid range droning static and crunchy low-end with Whitehouse's signature processed vocal style (well, at least it was a "signature" up until around GWD). Favorite tracks for me are "Viking Section" because of the strong feedback and thin hiss, "Roman Strength" which I think exhibits one of Whitehouse's best vocal approaches, and you can't help but love the Hitler opener. And "Ravensbruck", a track that kind of sticks out on this album because of the barely audible pulsations buried in there along with its short bursts of bass moments which, like everything else here, gets stabbed into by sharp feedback leading way to stuttering vocals.

Mauthausen Orchestra – Host Sodomy (Aqulifer Sodality, 1986) - Not an absolute favorite of mine from MO which is my favorite P.E./Industrial artist from the old-school, just for the record. However, this piece of work does rank very high up there in both the MO catalog and the Power Electronics oeuvre. This tape also marks the ending of the greatest time period in which the greatest Industrial artist made his greatest work. Host Sodomy covers a good amount of ground and drags the listener around with building and toppling towers of noise. The typical MO synthesizer exploration is still here but with added power. Loops became a seemingly important piece of sound to Manthausen Orchestra just a few years before this cassette, and Zoppo knows how to work with them to great effect. Although I've heard that some of these older cassettes may have stolen from other artists? I know that later material put out by M.O. used other Noise artist work at times but I would love some clarification as to some of the material on these older cassettes.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 08:28:34 PM by RyanWreck » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 556
  Print  

Jump to: