Special Interest
May 27, 2019, 12:03:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 419 420 421 422 423 424 [425] 426 427 428 429 430 431 ... 496
  Print  
Author Topic: PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS  (Read 2200225 times)
bitewerksMTB
Overkill user

« Reply #6360 on: June 11, 2017, 10:54:50 PM »

Haus Arafna "The Singles  1993-2000" cd- listened to that while slapping together inside disc tray artwork on a sunny Sunday afternoon.
Deadpriest
Diehard user

Ignorance is strength.

« Reply #6361 on: June 12, 2017, 07:16:55 PM »

I got a download of a Bone Awl discography, which I have been listening to this evening prior to that I was listening to No Balls. Bone Awl are my new favourite black metal band (I think in terms like that).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 09:15:45 AM by Deadpriest » Logged

My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/
Deadpriest
Diehard user

Ignorance is strength.

« Reply #6362 on: June 13, 2017, 09:16:35 AM »

As far a noise rock goes Homopolice an Drunkdriver are the tits.

Andrew McIntosh
Overkill user

« Reply #6363 on: June 13, 2017, 09:24:45 AM »

Bone Awl I couldn't get into, even though I gave them a go. The Homopolice, however, I do have time for ("I Hate Everybody" has the sounds to back up it's noble sentiments).

"Unless suffering is the direct and immediate object of life, our existence must entirely fail of its aim." - Schopenhauer.
Deadpriest
Diehard user

Ignorance is strength.

« Reply #6364 on: June 13, 2017, 11:37:06 AM »

My sentiments would be that Bone Awl are the ultimate in neanderthal.
I Hate Everybody is too good like.

Fluid Fetish
user

« Reply #6365 on: June 13, 2017, 08:20:51 PM »

Death Squad "Isolation as Intent" LP (Audio Dissection) & "Out-Patient" cd (Spastik Communications)- I had these releases mixed up. I thought the "Interrogation" track was on "I.A.I." so that was a little bit of a disappointment. Both of these releases are very minimal in the electronics department compared to "Theological Genocide". Themes on "I.A.I." are obvious based on the title along with some extreme issues with God ("Fuck You!"). "Out-Patient" is "An audio study in social and psychological difficulties". The best track involves a female associate of DS discussing her heroin addiction. "Interrogation" use to be reasonably intense but now just falls short other than the last couple of seconds of the track. I won't write anymore as I don't want to spoil it for anyone who has not heard it. The LP is limited to 100 copies so get it while you can but if you're unsure, track down the cd's, as they should be reasonably priced or down-right cheap.

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/extreme_as_fk_that_time_death_squad_held_its_audience_hostage_by_gunpoint
Very last copies of the LP available! www.audiodissection.com

Just picked up this and Theological Genocide and I absolutely cannot wait to hear these....haven't had much free time for anything lately, but once these arrive that's going to change no matter what.
intent on isolation?

Yes, Isolation as Intent and Theological Genocide.

Haus Arafna "The Singles  1993-2000" cd- listened to that while slapping together inside disc tray artwork on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

Excellent collection. I'm gonna go ahead and pry and ask what were you doing disc tray artwork for? Hopefully some more Mania...
VelvetCurtain

« Reply #6366 on: June 13, 2017, 11:03:37 PM »

Drunkdriver is, in my opinion, absolutely not a noise rock band. For sure, they are an American hardcore group.

Harry Pussy is the best noise rock band ever, imo. The chaos in playing and recording has far, far, far more teeth than nearly every, or fuck it every, other noise rock band.

Velvet Curtain
Minneapolis, MN
Force Neurotic
Heavy user

« Reply #6367 on: June 13, 2017, 11:23:14 PM »

Drunkdriver is, in my opinion, absolutely not a noise rock band. For sure, they are an American hardcore group.

Seems like splitting hairs; they can't be both? Why are they one and not the other?

Deadpriest
Diehard user

Ignorance is strength.

« Reply #6368 on: June 14, 2017, 10:26:25 AM »

Seems like splitting hairs; they can't be both? Why are they one and not the other?

Agree:
They are definitely, at bottom, a hardcore band but they are too blown out and the vocals aren't heavy enough to not be called noise rock as well, they're noise rock in spirit I'd say.

Haven't listened to HP in a while, after hearing your opinion I must again!! But the greatest noise rock band will always be Brainbombs.

Stipsi

« Reply #6369 on: June 14, 2017, 11:01:17 AM »

Now Playing
Violent Onsen Geisha - Que Sera, Sera (Things go to bad from worse).
Classic masterpiece i'm never tired to listen to.
bitewerksMTB
Overkill user

« Reply #6370 on: June 14, 2017, 08:32:07 PM »

Drunk Driver remind me a hardcore version of Kilslug.

Late night listening:

Wolfskin "Campos De Matança" cd (Essence Music)- esoteric soundscapes created with "loops, voice, accordion, flute, tin whistle, electric guitar, bells, Carillon, Tambourine, Iron, Ceramic Box, Talara, Wheels And Bones"; for fans of Allerseelen & the like.
VelvetCurtain

« Reply #6371 on: June 14, 2017, 09:16:44 PM »

Agree:
They are definitely, at bottom, a hardcore band but they are too blown out and the vocals aren't heavy enough to not be called noise rock as well, they're noise rock in spirit I'd say.

Haven't listened to HP in a while, after hearing your opinion I must again!! But the greatest noise rock band will always be Brainbombs.

Fair enough! I've actually heard people call HP a hardcore band before (it's def in their DNA, too). I wish more noise rock bands had more NOISE.

Velvet Curtain
Minneapolis, MN
Deadpriest
Diehard user

Ignorance is strength.

« Reply #6372 on: June 14, 2017, 09:38:10 PM »

Fair enough! I've actually heard people call HP a hardcore band before (it's def in their DNA, too). I wish more noise rock bands had more NOISE.

Whoops, I was talking about Drunkdriver. Like I say haven't heard HP in a while (getting there though just redownloaded the stuff of their's I own)

I'd recommenced Violent Students, Shit and Shine and homopolice to you If you like your Noise rock noisy.

Johann
user

« Reply #6373 on: June 14, 2017, 09:39:59 PM »

Senyawa : Brønshøj (Puncak) just received this record in the mail today, saw Aaron at Hanson highly recommend it and was distroing a few. Has a lot of what I look for as records go from first glance, the duo is from Indonesia (which I can't speak for others on this forum but I find the experimental scenes from the non western world to be particularly interesting even if I don't end up liking the output).

The music is a mix of traditional Indonesian and something more drone inspired, seen the term metal thrown around but I don't know how represented that sound is on this release. The first side starts off beautifully with plucked resonating strings that both fill the listening space and let the whole room breathe at the same time. I would say with all the talk of people into doom recently that they should try to check these guys out. The instrument is homemade and offers a lot of variety, while the other member is purely using voice. The vocals are haunting at times and completely abstract at others, as the release goes further they enter more upfront in the mix adding to the drone.

I'll definitely be exploring more of these guys and hope they make it to the USA again, wish I could've seen them last year. The reviews seem captivating.

For those not wanting to commit financially to this band there are links of some full albums on archive.com that I've yet to check out but I will link below

http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Senyawa/Live_At_Grub_1720/

Curious if anyone else is into them or any of the Europeans have seen them
breidahl

« Reply #6374 on: June 15, 2017, 12:14:57 AM »

I have seen them 3-4 times. Great live band and the singer goes crazy.

I also know the ones who released the LP. It was recorded in one of the guys' house in Brønshøj and I think it was pretty much improvised.
Senyawa : Brønshøj (Puncak) just received this record in the mail today, saw Aaron at Hanson highly recommend it and was distroing a few. Has a lot of what I look for as records go from first glance, the duo is from Indonesia (which I can't speak for others on this forum but I find the experimental scenes from the non western world to be particularly interesting even if I don't end up liking the output).

The music is a mix of traditional Indonesian and something more drone inspired, seen the term metal thrown around but I don't know how represented that sound is on this release. The first side starts off beautifully with plucked resonating strings that both fill the listening space and let the whole room breathe at the same time. I would say with all the talk of people into doom recently that they should try to check these guys out. The instrument is homemade and offers a lot of variety, while the other member is purely using voice. The vocals are haunting at times and completely abstract at others, as the release goes further they enter more upfront in the mix adding to the drone.

I'll definitely be exploring more of these guys and hope they make it to the USA again, wish I could've seen them last year. The reviews seem captivating.

For those not wanting to commit financially to this band there are links of some full albums on archive.com that I've yet to check out but I will link below

http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Senyawa/Live_At_Grub_1720/

Curious if anyone else is into them or any of the Europeans have seen them
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 421 422 423 424 [425] 426 427 428 429 430 431 ... 496
  Print  

Jump to: