Special Interest
August 18, 2019, 04:31:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 409 410 411 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... 504
  Print  
Author Topic: PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS  (Read 2306510 times)
tiny_tove
Overkill user

ELETTRONICA RADICALE EDIZIONI

« Reply #6210 on: March 28, 2017, 10:49:29 PM »

regarding French oI!
I am glad to see that one of my old school faves are back

RAS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEKinKdnUVA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zAeyMBF_ZI

Euro Trash Bazooka
Heavy user

« Reply #6211 on: March 29, 2017, 05:27:32 PM »

Cryptofascisme “Mille Collines.” CS (Yes Divulgation)
        More pseudo-noisecore – I like this, but can barely understand the context of the subject matter because my French is atrocious. Sort of muddy, grim and depressing sound – this is what I would imagine folks in 3rd-world countries doing if they'd never heard any noise. Not at all a bad thing, though. Just not terribly sure if this is the sort of thing to listen to twice. Favorite highlight was when an unexpected rhythm emerged from the murk and gave off old-M.B. vibes. Recording quality goes from fairly muddy to surprisingly good. I sort of doubt the guy behind the project would appreciate the comparison, but I hear some similarities with obscure deep-buried Filth & Violence one-offs.

Pseudo-noisecore? hmmmm... I didn't find anything noisecore in this, more like just overall industrial-noise and atmospheric industrial. There are tribal drumming, internal feedback manipulations what sound pretty much like slightly random analogue synth. Or is it some basic self made synth? Slow and heavy sounds echoing, rhythm loops made out of physical sounds etc. Always clearly constructed long tracks that could be rather dating back to late 80's industrial tape underground!
It seems to deal mostly with Rwanda genocide. Therefore, african drumming and such works conceptually well, despite I have no idea whether they are really from Rwanda or just "whatever african stuff"... Mille Collines was the hotel where over 1000 people too refugee during the genocide. There is movie about it for those who care less for history books.
I was very surprised how good the tape was!

"Mille Collines", here, refers to the government-controlled radio station that did all the pro-Hutu, racist propaganda against the Tutsis during the genocide.

Every sound source used on the recording that is not generated by synth or tape is from Rwanda and not random African stuff. They were a proper pain to track down.

Thank you for the nice words and reviews

DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/
Decrepitude
moderate user

« Reply #6212 on: March 30, 2017, 12:30:04 PM »

Balkan Gaze ‎– Vampir Melošević cassette -
Umgreifende ‎– II cassette - ANGST - a slow moving mix of bass-y hums, field recordings and noise. this is slow moving and patient, without being particularly brooding. tension builds up a bit, largely because it's hard to tell where the tracks are going.

Sunken Cheek ‎– Without Rejection cassette - ANGST - like a noise, thicker sounding version of the Umgreifende tape. there's a nice sense of flow and natural dynamics. as good for headphones as it is for background reading music.

Laudanum - The Coronation mp3s - great sludge/doom with ambient parts that don't suck. I need to grab a physical copy of this.

If you can find it, I really recommend getting a copy of Laudanum's The Apotheker album. Pretty vicious and original sounding sludge, a bit more up-tempo too. Maybe Brainoil you mentioned not being a million miles away as a reference. I've been also listening to the Umgreifende and Sunken Cheek tapes and both are great. I especially like the Umgreifende's vagueness when it comes to composition. It sounds like it's very intuitively planned with not too much contemplation.

Djinn - Katharos/Technological Death
Nice 2xcassette box with two first albums of this before unknown to me project. Pretty varied stuff as I seem to recall. Even if the music could be better categorized as dar ambient there's a very sinister and clinical feeling to this not unlike some death industrial. Works as well as background music as in attentive listening.
FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #6213 on: March 30, 2017, 12:31:54 PM »

HEINZ HOPF "Dedicated To Yvonne Schaloske" tape
WCN
I've been listening to some of the Sewer Election / Treriksröset "killing..." series tapes in recent times and have to say that despite being seemingly "the same", they always are worth playing through. Same could be said about another Swedish duo consisting Dan Johansson. Don't know if it was presence of Treriksröset what made those collaborations extra hard, but somehow Heinz Hopf doesn't quite go to level of total annihilation what is felt on those collaboration. Hopf is seemingly "the same". Harsh noise collaboration, tributing to USA noise and whatever Swedish actress one may be obsessed with. Even if Killing series wasn't that hostile and dark, there was something in it little bit more than "movies and great noise" -thing.
HH delivers what it has used to deliver, and there are basically no flaws beyond little "uneven" power of contributors (in my opinion). Meaning that there are moments when other guy seems to be blasting like hell, and the other doesn't seem to get his shit going on. But it may be intentional. Good tape, not mandatory, but I still tend to think I probably need whatever from project they are releasing.

GELSOMINA "Waste oil Recycled vol 3" tape
Abisko
Re-visiting older tape. Abisko label (of mr. Treriksröset) put out this tape that is last part of Waste Oil Recycled trilogy. One may ask what's the point of Gelsomina recycling 3 times the sounds of debut CDR? Well, who knows.  It is no way among best Gelsomina, but truth is, that even semi half-assed Gelsomina belong to some of the best harsh noise made in Finland! I don't think certain flanger/phased sweeps has aged too well, but if he'd be to pick up Ultimate Waste Oil Recycling CD with best part of the trilogy, it would most likely live up to the bands albums!

JUMALHÄMÄRÄ "La Strada" tape
Mortuary Tapes
Finnish band that went through black/death to dark metal to black metal to post-black metal to organ music to....... well. Think of almost like Ulver of Finland - except not sounding or looking like Ulver at all. Just the transition from 90's black metal youth to alternative underground adults doing whatever they feel like. This tape is something that if it would be released by POSH ISOLATION now, it would probably sink into crowd 100%. Soft steady beat pulse, ethereal polyphonic keyboard melodies, female voice with extensive reverb whispering, talking, singing... eventually adding drums, percussion, and getting wilder and wilder. Absolutely no trace of black metal here anymore, but fits right there next to Croatian Amor, Vanessa Amara etc. Of course not sounding entirely like them, but along the type. However, it's very good tape! Long track is carefully done, and well composed, with good sound and all, in fact probably would justify being LP much more than many PI releases, but I assume this tape will remain in obscurity.

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net
Force Neurotic
Heavy user

« Reply #6214 on: March 30, 2017, 08:36:15 PM »

FreakAnimal, thought it was a funny logic jump that the last tape you reviewed is called "La Strada," when the name Gelsomina comes from that movie. But yeah, Gelsomina is some of the all-time most underrated harsh noise - for me it's on the Hijokaidan, Incapacitants, Rita etc level; just really beautifully constructed, at times a true endurance test, and definitely succeeds at being "radiant like the sun." Also not sure where my head was at when listening to that Cryptofascisme stuff - might actually have been listening to another tape by that project and got confused.

Anyway...

Tearoom Trades CS (Danvers State Recordings)
     Gay-themed power electronics. Only release from an anonymous duo who may or may not be from the Chicago area. What more do you need? Guys that listen to Snuff, B.U. etc but react like "ew, fags" to gay stuff should probably stay away. Hard to explain, but even the electronics themselves sound "gay." Thinner textural static, odd rhythmic synth lines that sound distinctly digital, and melancholy synth-note melodies underneath varied two-vocalist ranting. Lots of variation in vocal style between and even within tracks, definitely makes good use of the duo format. Think I might have heard some nice layering of the two vocalists, which should be done more in PE. If you dig Wonderland Club, you'll like this, but good luck tracking it down. Someone on some hipster noise forum once claimed that guys like me only listen to BLJ, Ramirez etc to prove we're not homophobic...haha! You'd think the real reason would be obvious...

Taeter "Parasite" CS (Turgid Animal Italian Division)
          If you want to get reductive, I'm actually surprised how much this sounds like late '00s Taint and N12 - to be frank, some of this sounds like stuff that didn't make it onto the Candyman CD. Yeah, some of this is a little derivative, but it's well-done and obviously genuine - unrepeatably obscene lyrics that would do early Sotos ala Tick, Lazy, Special and Index very proud (duh, it's called "Parasite"). Pretty blown-out and thick sound as far as electronics go; everything pretty heavily distorted with varied vocals - one thing I always expect from Tisbor and he always delivers on is great vocal delivery; some more accented, some more effected. I don't know what else to say except that Taeter fans will like this if you started backward with Glorious Paraphilia like me, and otherwise it might appeal to Italo-depravity fans in general. You won't like this if you don't fit either of those categories, this stuff is menacing and nasty. Poetic lyrics: "I'm fucking their divorce."
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:27:10 PM by Peterson » Logged

david lloyd jones
Diehard user

« Reply #6215 on: April 01, 2017, 06:41:45 PM »

organoid - 'bitsevsky maniac'. just listened to this am. that this is ten years old is hard to believe, in terms of sound, confidence.
as true crime electronics, it does have a debt to slogun, and Americanoise  but has it's own take on references, including a soviet serial killer unknown by and large in the west at the time. Russia will I'm sure provide many others for us westerners (not including chickatilo
three guys one hammer begs for tackling.)
david lloyd jones
Diehard user

« Reply #6216 on: April 01, 2017, 10:47:10 PM »

listening to drunk orange paddies from local large scale building site-a new shopping temple.
bad songs, bad voices, bad everything.
did enjoy local father's extraction of his drunk slags daughter from the mess of masculinity on show.
absurdexposition
Diehard user

« Reply #6217 on: April 02, 2017, 04:46:46 PM »

Finally got around to the two Scar Crowe tapes on Self Abuse. Short, simple, and enjoyable.

Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Primitive Isolation Tactics
acsenger
Heavy user

« Reply #6218 on: April 03, 2017, 12:08:36 PM »

Finally got around to the two Scar Crowe tapes on Self Abuse. Short, simple, and enjoyable.

I got these last week. I'm pretty sure I'd read that they have a dark and mysterious ambient atmosphere, but I couldn't hear any of that (maybe a little bit on A Cold Nights Death)... Hence I'm disappointed, even if I like the fairly simplistic rumbling noises on the tapes.
Bleak Existence
Heavy user

« Reply #6219 on: April 03, 2017, 12:25:40 PM »

simple noise sound good to me
Force Neurotic
Heavy user

« Reply #6220 on: April 05, 2017, 03:52:10 AM »

Where Is This “Narcissus At The Gym” CS (Bored Bear Recordings)
       Good title for gay-themed power electronics, and maybe a little cliched, but less so in this niche underground audience than something like “Brown Mass” or whatever.  Unfortunately this isn't quite what I'd expected initially; there are some excellent lyrics included in a little booklet, but I'm on the third track and I have yet to hear vocals. Maybe they were accidentally mixed out? This is the sort of heavily-layered, reverb-drenched wall-of-noise you can expect off 1980s tapes, but a little more clearly-defined with some obvious experimental music elements. I couldn't really tell where the first A-side track ended, second one began, etc.
        B-side begins where A-side seemingly left off. Again, lots of reverb overtop more mid-range noise and an eerie synth drone in the outer areas of the mix. Some of the floating delayed sine waves against harsh tones give a Nostalghia-era Gelsomina vibe. Things suddenly cut to some more industrial and metallic tones nicely – just wish there was someone speaking or shouting these words in the booklet alongside the noise. I only recall one Teeny Bopper track that had vocals in it, and as far as the ones that don't, I could certainly compare this to a badly-mixed Teeny Bopper. This sounds incomplete, unfinished. And it's not fully-formed power electronics. Ah well. Maybe I should check out that one Posh Isolation project.

Droit Divin “Litanies” CS (self-released)
        Side A track 1 is sort of like 1-2 fist-in-the-air hardcore in the form of industrial/power electronics. Relatively bass-y and grinding but restrained electronics with a literal chant going for the durationy. Interesting take on things. Track 2 surprises the hell out of me with a sort of cheap industrial beat “similar” to Suicide/early Swans complete with piano loop and grating feedback/guitar noise tone. Godflesh-type vocals (on track 1 as well). I would like this a lot more if the vocals weren't so repetitive, but the way the abrasive tones sit in the mix reminds me of Sektor 304. Then some Nintendo sounds happen prior to a ringout and flat end to the drum-machine beat. Left me feeling kind of empty.
        OK, I'm told Side B is live – well, that becomes obvious soon enough with echoed bass and some sort of falsetto alongside the heavy synth drones that also were present on the previous side. Then effected menacing vocals, was that a soundcheck? This track has a vaguely Tesco vibe to it – but it's hard for me to imagine this being very gripping live without some kind of visual accompaniment/presence. Thinking of it as a live-in-studio recording, it's pretty good, though, and interesting – sounds or maybe feels more like the G.I.S.M. tracks that are just Sakevi vocals and noise than anything I can really reference from today. That's a compliment and I hope these guys do and would take it that way.
        Exotic-sounding off-kilter beats and flute-like tones open Side B, track 2, with a sample in a language I'll assume is French but can't much discern whatever the case. I forgot whom I was listening to, and that this is live, so that's a good thing. Eventually some science fiction movie sound-effect electronics come in in place of what was the drumbeat as the sample, which I'm now certain is in French, fades out. This is basically like nothing else today, at least that I'm aware of. I can't say I was all that impressed, but I'm certainly going to see what they do next and develop into.

FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #6221 on: April 05, 2017, 08:52:48 AM »

They're ok, but nothing that special. At first I was amazed, how come such a great legendary label puts out tapes in edition of... was it 30?!? Thirty copies?! Same for Hanged Mans Orgasm tapes. Which were quite close to Scar Crowe style.

Piezzo crackles and subtle noises, and in a way good, but nothing that special. So came into conclusion that maybe 30 worldwide is what these tapes are meant to....

Then listening SKIN CRIME "The House on the cliff" LP on Self Abuse. A-side is basically like doing that same, contact mic, subtle semi-acoustic sound scratching, but hell breaks loose finally on B-side and Skin Crime still shows to be master in harsh noise headfuck! Really nice album, although would prefer faster build-up to the punishing material. Strength of album is of course that quiet part isn't merely waiting for things to happen, but actually a lot of things happen all the time. Should give it another spin today!

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net
david lloyd jones
Diehard user

« Reply #6222 on: April 05, 2017, 03:45:52 PM »

re, skin crime 'house on the hill'.
see a side as a psychedelic mix and b side as harsh noise mix.
still playing this regularly, so clearly a quality album.
ConcreteMascara
SI Staff
Diehard user

« Reply #6223 on: April 05, 2017, 09:02:47 PM »

Vile Intent - Machine Into Flesh LP - a little late to this party, but oh well. i listened to this album on the VI website when it first came out and wasn't really dazzled and forgot about it. but some voice in my head said try it again and I'm glad I did. unsurprisingly sounds a bit better playing off the actual vinyl rather than MP3s. sharply executed powerviolence with an emphasis on the violence. and i love the art direction, really simple but brilliantly executed. like a mix of 2009 Hospital Prod and the first two Gridlink CDs.

Shredded Nerve - We Admitted We Were Powerless cassette - not sure what the significance of the AA quote is on the spine of the j-card, but this an enjoyable tape of melancholic harsh noise. reminds me of Vestige era Pedestrian Deposit and a little of Jason Crumer. but there's some personal character that sets it apart. glad I picked this one up, even if it took me 6 months to listen to it.

Pig Heart Transplant - Supremacy and Absinthe 3" CDrs - finally able to score these to older PHT release for a good price. Supremacy is my preferred of the two, but both are nice thick bits of harsh electronics, all chunky and pulsing. I'd love to see a thoughtful compilation or boxset of all the old PHT tapes/cdrs, but I think maybe the market for that is way too limited?

Life Drag - Feed Your Grave cassette - minimal industrial / pseudo noise rock or post-somethingorother... weird shit, but not that weird considering Nic Schmidt from Mutant Video is involved. good late night vibes.

RyanWreck
Diehard user

« Reply #6224 on: April 06, 2017, 12:16:14 AM »

Rostorchester - "Verschrobenheit"
This is the project of Sven Brogle best known for Eisenwinter and the guy behind the one man project Totale Vernichtung. Both of their old bands had some similarities particularly the use of melody though Eisenwinter really did the sunny major chord, melody thing to the absolute maximum for a Black Metal project. Both of the members bring some carry over to this project. Tracks like "Preussische Junker" and "In alle Gewänder des Hades gehüllt" sound like they could have came straight off any Eisenwinter album (I always half-jokingly pinned Eisenwinter's sub-genre as Blackened Pop Punk because he has used chord progressions and riffs that could be found in songs by Pop Punk bands like the Ataris and Less Than Jake, no joke), while more serious tracks like "Verschrobenheitt" show off a talent for catchy, blasting Black Metal that is hard not to enjoy.

Hakenkreuz - "Axis of Cosmos"
Chaotic mixture of Axis of Advance styled War-Metal and strange Von fucked up Black Metal. Blast beats, walls of noisy riffing and dual vocals that change from grunting to a toad croaking wail. Enjoyable, though pointless, brutality.

Taeter "Parasite" CS (Turgid Animal Italian Division)

Oh fuck yea I love this tape. One of my favorite interviews I did as well: http://purestench.blogspot.com/2011/07/interview-taeter_20.html
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 03:22:33 AM by RyanWreck » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 409 410 411 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... 504
  Print  

Jump to: