PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadpriest

Today I have mostly been listening to To Live And Shave In L.A. and brutal death metal. :)
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

Johann

This Sunday morning I'm listening to the Cluster classic Grosses Wasser, beautiful mix of electronic ambient and semi classical piano. Each note fills like room as an electric haze drifts from the speakers...excellent use of multi tracking on this album, with occasional movements that remind me of Neu! and the last track drifting into some darker electrionic territory before ending on a more avant rock moment...Been a long time since I've listened but they never disappoint. I assume most have listened, but to any who haven't it's really quite worth it.

cr

Quote from: david lloyd jones on April 07, 2017, 04:04:13 PM
listening to the latest batch of tapes from obsessive fundamental realism,

penetration squadron- not the mort original sounds, but done well and enjoyed
rotate- heavier more dads ended than prior, growling vocals and a great Ugandan Christian Antigay diatribe sampled.
subklinik-death obsessed slaughter prods ambience from a damp crypy near you. stood out for it's simplicity andambience amongst other releases
scatmother/wonderland club split. my favourite of the batch, scatmother with growling rumbles and squealing feedback.
wonderland club present a side long track made with great ability that reminded me of early spk and sleepchamber, funnily, despite sounding nothing like either. quality release.

Just listened through these as well.
My favourites in the first run are the Subklinik and the Scatmother/Wonderland Club tapes, but this could change after the second run.

All in all, another great batch from OFR!

Peterson

Have two out of the batch on the way - looking forward to it, and a little pissy that I slept on some of the older OFR tapes. This morning, while stressing about re-recording vocals as always, and assembling some tapes for upcoming releases, I revisited the Arv & Miljo/Krube split CS from Fragment Factory. Felt like sort of an asshole for my dismissive attitude toward the A&M track on first listen, so I gave it another chance to much better results - really nice subtle tape-degraded electronics alongside field recordings and nicely warped and layered piano tape loops/backing tracks, whichever they are. At some parts, they overlap to become chords from the notes, which is a nice technique; I may be one of those musique concrete fags to some extent taste-wise, but I don't mind admitting I'm a sucker for piano tones fucked with on magnetic tape. I could easily imagine a piece like that set to grainy photo-montages of nostalgic/idyllic childhood memories, naturist or nudist photography, stuff like that. Very arty, but who gives a fuck? Krube track still didn't do much for me - descending-scale bleep-bloop thin electronic submelody against repetitive water sound. When I listen to stuff like that, I grasp criticism of my own work better - some pieces seem done more for the creator than some imagined listener.

bitewerksMTB

Alfarmania ‎– "At Ulleråker" cd ; "Skräcken" cd; "Hålögd Insikt" 10"- everything is damn good but the 10" & "Skracken" are my faves due to the vocals sounding like they were performed inside a barrel along with the general foreboding, heavy atmosphere of the electronics.

Just received Interracial Sex's "Boy" cassette on New Forces. Listening to the sample on the label's bandcamp right now & it's EXCELLENT:

https://newforces.bandcamp.com/album/boy

Kim V

Quote from: Deadpriest on April 08, 2017, 08:26:20 PM
Today I have mostly been listening to To Live And Shave In L.A. and brutal death metal. :)

Why do i have to think of The Fast Show when reading this
you're just a victim of yourself

Kim V

Quote from: david lloyd jones on April 07, 2017, 04:04:13 PM
scatmother/wonderland club split. my favourite of the batch, scatmother with growling rumbles and squealing feedback.
wonderland club present a side long track made with great ability that reminded me of early spk and sleepchamber, funnily, despite sounding nothing like either. quality release.

Sounds like i need to get my hands on this one.
you're just a victim of yourself

Deadpriest

Recently I have mostly been listening to depressive suicidal black metal, (which for me means Striborg, Xasthur and Nortt) (I am under the weather more's the pity)

Sickness (Flesh and Bone -his best work that I've heard, bought it some years ago from Blossoming Noise webstore which I swear was the best one I ever saw but has now disappeared ayyynd Mudlark which is also great)

Hair Police (fucking everything, they're the tits: Drawn Dead, Mercurial Rites, the Certainty Of Swarms, Hair Police, Constantly Terrified)

Despite being under the weather a fine time has been had!!

You ain't seen this right!!

bitewerksMTB

Last night was the Ottis in the Woods cd on Filth & Violence. I have an idea who's responsible but this doesn't sound like their usual work. It has some familiar elements but there's more going on here. A lot of is loops, junk metal, vocals/feedback, & what sounds like tape manipulation. And considering the subject matter, it's fairly restrained. This is one of those releases that most will miss out on for whatever reason... It's cheap on Discogs & I recommend it!

online prowler

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on April 15, 2017, 12:49:55 AM
Last night was the Ottis in the Woods cd on Filth & Violence. I have an idea who's responsible but this doesn't sound like their usual work. It has some familiar elements but there's more going on here. A lot of is loops, junk metal, vocals/feedback, & what sounds like tape manipulation. And considering the subject matter, it's fairly restrained. This is one of those releases that most will miss out on for whatever reason... It's cheap on Discogs & I recommend it!

Excellent art work as well!

Baglady

While my decks have been occupied dubbing since February I've turned to my CD shelf, which I seldomly do for some stupid reason. Marhaug - The Great Silence, The Cherry Point - Misery GutsKnurl - Thiocarbamide etc. All great. But the disc I've played the most recently is Umpio - Muelas from 2010. Dentist horror-themed harsh noise with a (childrens?) drawing on the subject in the fold out. Great theme! With all the playfulness, shifts in intensity and density, spacious ringing metal banging, thick blasts and some druggy loop parts, I can't help but think of 90's Macronympha. Yet this is not your usual 90's noise worship thing either, far from that. He has his own place. 40 diverse and exciting minutes, this is a perfect album really. I need more Umpio.

ConcreteMascara

Quote from: Baglady on April 17, 2017, 05:46:57 PM
But the disc I've played the most recently is Umpio - Muelas from 2010. Dentist horror-themed harsh noise with a (childrens?) drawing on the subject in the fold out. Great theme! With all the playfulness, shifts in intensity and density, spacious ringing metal banging, thick blasts and some druggy loop parts, I can't help but think of 90's Macronympha. Yet this is not your usual 90's noise worship thing either, far from that. He has his own place. 40 diverse and exciting minutes, this is a perfect album really. I need more Umpio.

can't recommend his work enough. i'm hugely partial to the Karu CDrs and the split/collab albums with irr. app. (ext.) and Taklamakan for nuanced and textured harsh noise. also the Sauna tape is indisputably excellent. the Opium Electronix releases are a lot different but very enjoyable as well.
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

absurdexposition

Primitive Isolation Tactics
Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Deadpriest

Today it has been all about The Grey Wolves (Division), Government Alpha (Seventh Continent) and Pieces of Dropdead's discography (couldn't tell you which ones). Otherwise this has been a horrible day.

Deadpriest

This is the review I wrote for Amazon of Seventh Continent by Government Alpha

Have you ever been able to stand beside a moon and see all of it?,

As massive as noise can get. Completely destructive psychedelic squalls swarm around or beside noxious, rumbling bass fugs the weight of continents. Absolutely vital.