PLAYLIST with COMMENTS/REVIEWS

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 15, 2009, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno Marx

Quote from: ConcreteMascara on July 12, 2011, 05:14:50 AM
How does the Cough debut compare to their 2nd lp?
I like the 1st LP a lot more.  A whole lot more.  It had everything going for it, and I find the 2nd album to be mediocre in every way.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

bitewerksMTB

Cough "Sigillum Luciferi" or whatever the title is good but it's very Electric Wizardish (riffing, guitar tone). I like "Ritual Abuse"  a bit more; sound slike they tried different arrangements & the vocal stylings vary a little more.  The vocals is what does it for me since no one in the genre is really breaking out of the mold. Better art on RA too.A t least there's no fucking pot leafs on the cover. I have the split with Wounded Kings in transit also.

NNERVES

This week I've been enjoying:

CHRIS & COSEY - 'TRANCE' LP
OMIT - 'REJECTOR' CD
VIVENZA - 'AEROBRUITISME DYNAMIQUE' CD
LE SYNDICAT - 'VORGINE' & 'RELAPSE' CASSETTES
GAS - 'POP' CD

ConcreteMascara

Ride for Revenge & Bizarre Uproar - Collab tape
Hooded Menace / Ilsa - Split 12" - fucking great. Been next to my turntable for 2 months. I think I've listened to it at least once a day
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

bitewerksMTB

taint "prey" downloaded from heavyelectronics blog which is actually "Piece-Meal Dissection". the d/l labelled "PMD", i'm not sure what that is. interesting listening to old recordings...

Ashmonger

Hamith'a Ha - Above The Surface Below (tape, Empire of Bliss/Kalpamantra): Package looks nice: tape in an envelope with a spraypainted sigil, printed cover, insert and a small booklet with an interesting essay about their concepts. The music is some good ritualistic ambient. There's quite some variation in it, seems like they use sounds from whatever source. This makes it both interesting, but is also the downside. There's a variotion of atmospheres, going from very dark, to ritualistic, to some nearly oriental parts. So, as it's a long tape (more than 1 hour it seems, didn't really pay attention to the time), it's good that there's this variation to keep it interesting, but at the same time it sometimes comes off as a bit unfocused. So maybe it might work better with a release that would be a bit shorter (say 40mins or so). Anyway, it's the first time I listened to it, but I'll certainly give it some more spins. For people interested in this kind of ritualistic ambient, I think it's worth to check it out.

STREETMEAT

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on July 14, 2011, 10:23:10 PM
taint "prey" downloaded from heavyelectronics blog which is actually "Piece-Meal Dissection". the d/l labelled "PMD", i'm not sure what that is. interesting listening to old recordings...

love when people do that.

-Posh Isolation Victoria comp.
-Taint - Sex Sick

catharticprocess

Hive Mind - Tunnel Birth CS
Grunt/Outermost split CS
Prurient - Bermuda Drain CS
Emaciator - Defeat, Possessive, Triumph, Merit, Reluctant, Translucent Dusk, and Appease CS
Mrtyu - Ritual Terra Continuii CS
Richard Pinhas - Metal Crystal CD
Sean McCann - Fountains 2xCDr
Ô Paradis & Nový Svět - Entre Siempre Y Jamás Suben Las Mareas, Duermen Las Ciudades CD
Ramleh - Hole In The Heart CD

RyanWreck

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on July 14, 2011, 10:23:10 PM

Bizarre Uproar's "Lily The Flesh" reminds me of that old Taint stuff a lot.

Tenebracid

in slaughter natives - enter now the world
ildjarn - ildjarn 2xlp
underground resistance ep's: acid rain, the final frontier...
va - never say when
skullflower - fucked on a pile of corpses
alberich - psychology of love lp
sickness/wiese - amnesia 7''

RyanWreck

How's that Skullflower? Never been a huge fan myself but I liked the description of this one so I was thinking about tracking it down.

RyanWreck

Digging into the "Sonno Ferrum" compilation. This tape slipped right on in to being one of my favorite tapes this year. Here is my review:

http://purestench.blogspot.com/2011/07/various-artists-sonno-ferrum.html

Tenebracid

Quote from: RyanWreck on July 15, 2011, 06:15:00 PM
How's that Skullflower? Never been a huge fan myself but I liked the description of this one so I was thinking about tracking it down.

the new skullflower is a great surprise, i liked the band both early more song based material and the later long track drone stuff but i have to say i had lost a bit of interest in their late releases.. 
"fucked on a pile of corpses" may be my favorite of the late releases, short album comprised of short to normal length songs of raw and black metal-esque guitar noise. makes sense seeing george proctor is in the lineup.

influencing machine

osculum infame - dor-nu-fauglith
klaus schulze - la vie electronique vol 1
macronympha/trance - audio image assault
attestupa - begraven mot norr
necros christos - doom of the occult

davenpdx

Recent listening, yesterday and today:

Endvra - Black Eden
First Human Ferro - Homo Shargey (very well-crafted dark ambient... will certainly be searching out his other recent releases)
XX Committee - Steel Negro Music (great reissue on Trash Ritual)
Organum - Volume Two
Mystery Attacks: updates / sounds
Rouge Label: updates