Drum machines

Started by Leatherface, September 23, 2013, 10:56:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leatherface

Hi ;)

Just to know what drum machines you are using..?
I'm working for 20 years now with the Boss DR-550 MKII, and wait for the Korg Volca Beat :)

Leatherface

Ashley Choke

I have 707/727/CR8K/606 and DR110 in the studio, only use the last two for industrial type stuff thou. You cant beat vintage Roland :)

STREETMEAT

i was using a casio rz-1 until it broke just recently thing sounded fucking awesome esp with using the sampling pads. but since thats broken looking to get a mpc in the up coming months

Leatherface

Quote from: STREETMEAT on September 25, 2013, 08:51:27 PM
i was using a casio rz-1 until it broke just recently thing sounded fucking awesome esp with using the sampling pads. but since thats broken looking to get a mpc in the up coming months

Which Mpc?

STREETMEAT

Quote from: Leatherface on September 27, 2013, 12:42:08 PM
Quote from: STREETMEAT on September 25, 2013, 08:51:27 PM

Which Mpc?

1000 seems like the best bet for me. with the upgrades!

jesusfaggotchrist

I found if you pitch-shift a drum machine down, it sounds like a factory, esp if you programmed random beats into it.

krueleco

Boss DR-550 MKII! Easy to use and rugged box!

bub

I have been working with the Boss DR 670 for at least a decade. I can not remember exactly when I bought it.....
It is still clicking and ticking.
I like it a lot.
However the hardware/software Spark really captured my attention.
I played with the demo down load I realized it was a very powerful bit of kit.
Possbly giving the big boys of mechanized beatdom a good run for my money.

crudchampion

MPC500 and recently Electribe Es-1.

Electribe is somewhat limiting in the way of time signatures/loops but has a very smooth interface for recording directly into the machine...complements the MPC by providing a base rhythm to guide my terrible sense of timing in sequence mode.

The sequencer can make for some very blown-out improvisations via layering to infinity...only catch with the MPC is the terrible onboard sample editing, which pretty much necessitates the use of a computer.

Marko-V

Has anybody used Alesis SR 16? Godflesh used it and I dig that cold unnatural no-nonsense drum machine sound of their early albums. Vintagesynth.com tells that: "No doubt the SR-16 is a powerful drum machine, but ultimately it also sounds like a drum machine. All those bumper stickers about drum machines having no soul just might be directed at the SR-16." That's exactly what i feel like getting.

Andrew McIntosh

Got one a few years ago but haven't used it much. Find the pads a bit too tight, not very flexible. Decent sound, but requires a fair bit of tweaking for mine.
Shikata ga nai.

Marko-V

I actually ended up bying one. Very affordable. A bit clumsy but I really like some of those drum sounds, especially when run through efx chain and/or overloading through mixer.

Leatherface

Someone try the Korg Volca Beats?