This release cannot be sold in the Discogs Marketplace

Started by fireblanket, August 22, 2013, 01:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireblanket

Was just looking through the Pogrom page on Discogs and noticed that there were no copies of Multicultural Degeneration for sale which I thought was odd as the CD was in a large edition. So I clicked on the 'sell CD' button and it took me to a page saying - Sorry, this release cannot be sold in the Discogs Marketplace. If you have questions please email us at marketplace at discogs dot com

I checked a couple of other Pogrom releases and the same message appears. I'm sure there are rules on the site about extreme material but I have never seen this before. No issues with Goatmoon or XE. Also in the world of Discogs an artist like Pogrom is quite small so it seems odd that his stuff can't be sold anymore, I guess someone must have complained to them about it. Just curious if anyone else has encountered this?

edit- right, just looked a bit more and it seems the entire discography of F&V has been removed from discogs marketplace. You can still buy goatmoon stuff but no F&V.

audiodissection

A copy of Liberal Cunt was on sale until the other day, i am sure. I tryed and the same message appeared..

HongKongGoolagong

I can see 18 copies of releases for sale on discogs by this band whose music I have never actually heard.

Purple Blossoms

Oh man, it seems that discogs has completely disabled selling anything on the label Filth&Violence.
This sucks.

fireblanket

Quote from: HongKongGoolagong on August 22, 2013, 02:03:18 AM
I can see 18 copies of releases for sale on discogs by this band whose music I have never actually heard.
It seems only Pogrom releases on F&V have been banned. Which makes it seem like someone complained about the label.

Goat93

There are some Mistakes on Discogs, which are absolute Useless. Don't think it have something to do with the Releases. I can't sell a Nunslaughter CD, cause it is a "unique" release. Strangely early 10 others can sell it without Problems and the release is Limited to Individual 1000

Not sure if it was this:
http://www.discogs.com/NunSlaughter-Goat/release/1770600
or this one:
http://www.discogs.com/NunSlaughter-Goat/release/804124

But its strange, you can't sell anything whats not already in the Marketplace from F&V. But you can sell RAC/Skin Rock or NSBM and all

fireblanket

Quote from: Purple Blossoms on August 22, 2013, 02:03:54 AM
Oh man, it seems that discogs has completely disabled selling anything on the label Filth&Violence.
This sucks.
Did you get any notice from Discogs about this? Any reason why? (well, it's obvious I suppose why, just curious as to why they have acted) Or did the  items just get deleted from your sale page?

Purple Blossoms

Quote from: fireblanket on August 22, 2013, 02:06:42 AM
Quote from: Purple Blossoms on August 22, 2013, 02:03:54 AM
This sucks.
Did you get any notice from Discogs about this? Any reason why? (well, it's obvious I suppose why, just curious as to why they have acted) Or did the  items just get deleted from your sale page?

Just a couple hours ago, I went back on the internet and saw that everything from my stock that is F&V was deleted from my inventory.
I didn't receive any message of any kind. I don't know why they acted now :/
Let's just hope this is a glitch.

Gnivjek

Perhaps this is the beginning of selective removals.

fireblanket

I don't know. F&V seems to get hit by complaining people every so often. I can think of at least two other times, not related to discogs, when complaining fucks have caused trouble with the label.

Zeno Marx

Considering Discogs started out as an experimental database, indicating they should be accustomed to the silly shit involved with it, it's somewhat humorous to think they'll have to draw a line at what is appropriate and what is not.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

eyestrain

The overzealous upcharging on F&V and related items has just increased tenfold. Time to pawn yer collections boys!

FreakAnimalFinland

one could assume that this is just beginning of labeling individual releases or entire catalogues as banned items.
No wonder, as many releases listen on discogs are probably illegal in some countries. There has been few complaints of "nazi records" in discogs forum once in a while.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Scat-O-Logy

This is ridiculous! Started a new topic in Discogs, HERE.

Zeno Marx

I don't know if it is ridiculous or not.  They're a business and a resource, not an example or moral compass.  They're not only competing with the likes of eBay head-on, but they also face the same legal conflicts and potentials as eBay.  They want to be a flow-through third party, collect their fees, develop their apps and further their integration (a great tagging tool for Foobar, for example), build value, and all the while not end up on the hook for adolescent shit serious enough to get them flagged by governments and securities (PayPal).  It might be censorship, but it is also smart.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.