ritual ambient recommendations (old and new)

Started by jesusfaggotchrist, July 30, 2013, 05:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesusfaggotchrist

Know a few of the established acts, Coph Nia, Arktau Eos, Herbst 9, Melek-Tha. What else is good? The more tribal the better, need it to sound like a satanic sacrificial ritual.

Levas

Aural Hypnox discography, Organisation Toth

jesusfaggotchrist

Quote from: Levas on July 30, 2013, 07:43:37 PM
Aural Hypnox discography, Organisation Toth

Know Organisation Toth, can't find any songs or live rituals by the former on YouTube

Scat-O-Logy

Aural Hypnox is a Finnish dark / ritual / drone ambient label run by Anti Haapapuro (Arktau Eos etc.)
http://www.discogs.com/label/Aural+Hypnox

jesusfaggotchrist

Which are the essential Halo Manash records?

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: jesusfaggotchrist on July 30, 2013, 11:55:48 PM

I have only heard the old ones but I would recommend you to check these links and see what you like the best:

Se Its En (2003):
Ulterior

Syoma (2004):
usvaISuusiuTUVA

Par-Antra I: Vir (2004):
Ast Unta Askelin

r.A.S.H.n.k.a-RA (2007)
Ritual Video 1
Ritual Video 2

Language of Red Goats (2008):
Feast On The Bitter Fluid - Flowing Through The Lips Of Her Vulgar Womb - Ingest Inebriate Initiate

Am Kha Astrie (2008):
A Spiral Spine Ever-Emanating
In The Deepest Womb Of MAA, The Sky-Shrouded Is Born

Taiwaskivi (2009):
Burial - Self - Flesh Given As Offering To All
Summoning - Toward Cardinal Points, Into All World
Consummation

Caickuwi Cauwas Walkeus (2009):
Yli Corpein Huocawat

In my opinion if you like this kind of stuff, every album should be essential. I would personally recommend Aural Holograms. Very strange mood overall, I remember liking it a lot. Haven't spinned it for a while though. HERE'S one track from their only album. I absolutely love that "molded" sound quality. Could easily be some lost M.B recording or from some newer ones, maybe a Lebesfaden tape? One word: amazing!

One quite obvious suggestion would be NEKROPHILE REKORDS but I'm sure you know that one already...

Russian PHURPA is also recommended. HERE'S some of their complete live shows.

Zeno Marx

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on July 31, 2013, 12:38:25 AM
Quote from: jesusfaggotchrist on July 30, 2013, 11:55:48 PM
In my opinion if you like this kind of stuff, every album should be essential.
I've heard everything but the CCW CDr, and this is also my opinion.  Par-Antra I: Vir (2004) is possibly their benchmark.

Same for Niellerade Fallibilisthorstar, but Halrum is their masterpiece.

I don't think I've heard a poor album on Aural Hypnox.  I haven't heard all the Aeoga albums, but the ones I have heard are good quality.

Should add that the Grandmother of them all is Voice of Eye's Transmigration.

A couple very powerful tracks on MZ.412's In Nomine...
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

krod

Dunno about the satanic sacrificial thing, but i'd recommend everything by Zero Kama.

Andrew McIntosh

Quote from: Zeno Marx on July 31, 2013, 12:45:39 AMA couple very powerful tracks on MZ.412's In Nomine...

The track Satan Jugend from the "Nordik Battle Signs" is text-book ritual ambient/Black Industrial, chants and all.

I'm also nominating Iugula Thor's "The Wheel Of The Process" ep, which I recently acquired from Bloodlust!. Despite the cheesy sounding (to me) Metal of "Pigskull Loudspeaker", the main is a lovely, ritualistic Industrial album from before the times Industrial broke into various sub-genres. I also recall hearing their track "Who Shall Be Worthy?" (from the "Assholes" album, although I think it was previously on a tape, I could be wrong about that), which was a strange, minimal sounding long-phased wave with the occasional loud cry over it, from memory. I think I'll have to look into Iugula-Thor more closely.
Shikata ga nai.

Zeno Marx

Quote from: krod on July 31, 2013, 02:30:56 AM
Dunno about the satanic sacrificial thing
I somehow missed that gem.  Forget the Voice of Eye recommendation.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

deathcamp

Quote from: jesusfaggotchrist on July 30, 2013, 05:42:41 PM
The more tribal the better, need it to sound like a satanic sacrificial ritual.

Without doubt, Hexentanz "Nekrocrafte" on The Fossil Dongeon will satisfy your senses.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA9SgN53yKY

pentd

shameless plug: doroga (1st = cd on ikuisuus, 2nd = tape on obscurex) spiritual sounds drawing from gongs, emptiness and slow pulses

recommended: svaixt-lo (tape on terror.lt) monastery moods

maso level: install pure data or reaktor player, load up some generative patches and listen in awe at endlessly changing audio mathematix (ö)

redswordwhiteplough