FAX label boss Pete Namlook dies aged 52

Started by KMusselman, November 15, 2012, 09:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KMusselman

just read this over at Side-Line:

Factmag has announced the death of Pete Namlook, ambient and electronic producer, and boss of the FAX label. Namlook passed away aged 52.

It was Namlook's daughter Fabia who issued the following statement: "It is with much grief that we announce the passing of Peter Kuhlmann, AKA Pete Namlook. We are still shocked and are working on an official announcement that will follow soon to bring clarity to our minds. As word spreads on the internet more and more we just want to make clear that he died peacefully from as yet unspecified causes on 8th November 2012. We will announce more details as and when they surface."

Peter Kuhlmann founded the German record label FAX in 1992. The full name of the label was actually 'FAX +49-69/450464'. Namlook has released many solo albums, as well as collaboration albums with notable artists such as Klaus Schulze, Bill Laswell, Geir Jenssen (alias Biosphere, ex-Bel Canto), Atom Heart, Richie Hawtin, Tetsu Inoue, Dr. Atmo, and Tying Tiffany.

SKY BURIAL

FAX was an amazing label and Peter's work was great, a huge inspiration to my own work.

bitewerksMTB

I feel like I've seen the word 'Namlook' around but have no idea where. For some reason, Sigillum S first came to mind when I saw the thread title.

SKY BURIAL

"Namlook" is the phonetic spelling of his real last name, Kuhlmann, backwards.

bitewerksMTB

His name is on the thanks list for Mauthausen Orchestra "kiss the carpet" 10".