Boxsets you would like to happen?

Started by RyanWreck, May 26, 2012, 04:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreakAnimalFinland

I believe "Heavy Duty" is coming next month or something?
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

Henrik III

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on May 31, 2012, 09:37:58 AM
That's great news. Hopefully with a proper edition and plenty of photos in the same style as the original tape.

enmity

Kazumoto Endo - solo works would be nice
Masonna
Einstruzende Neubauten

P A N I C

Would like to see:

Robochanman - Tapes
Gerogerigegege - Obscure And Not As Obscure Works (ZSF tape, Piano River, Live Demo, Public Environment, etc.)
The Cherry Point - Collection (it's way too much, but some of the CDr/tape stuff is so great and so unavailable)
Shit-Eye Cassettes box

Not so much box but reissue...

Incapacitants - Alchemy CDs and the like
Psycodrama - anything, and pref not from Aes Nihil

Bloated Slutbag

As a long-time pumper of

Timisoara - a box of her early self-released tapes, of which there are few:

Acid Bath
Junika
Hellbound

+ her side of the Xerxes split with Facialmess -> is fucking amazing! (Facial half is pretty great too)

+ possibly the self-released Downertripsprial cdr and the Cells of Heaven disc on Denshi Zatsuon (while the former has its moments, the latter is quite killer)
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

Bloated Slutbag

Second Atrax Morgue Deadbag, provided it comes with the original warning sticker, re- "Keep in reach of small children"
Someone weaker than you should beat you and brag
And take you for a drag

wotzenknecht

Am I the only one dreaming of a CRASH WORSHIP complete discography boxset?

Think about it:

CD 1 & 2 Hit after Hit / This / The Science of Extasy / Flow / Pillar of Fire (1985-1990)
CD 3 Espontaneo! (1991)
CD 4 Triple Mania II (1994)
CD 5 The Gods Are (1995)
CD 6 Pyru / compilation tracks
DVD Inflammatorio / various recorded performances (there's a whole bunch on Youtube)

I would gladly do it if I had a label with motivation & money to invest - there's a lot of remastering ahead of anyone willing to do this... would be wonderful though

influencing machine

Quote from: Henrik III on May 31, 2012, 03:57:48 PM
Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on May 31, 2012, 09:37:58 AM
That's great news. Hopefully with a proper edition and plenty of photos in the same style as the original tape.

This should be out next week. Freak Animal will have some copies. I will post more information as soon as it is officially released.

influencingmachinerecords.blogspot.com   

A S I T G

Impregnable retrospective vinyl boxset

Half Aborted

Quote from: Zeno Marx on May 28, 2012, 08:12:09 AM
Quote from: audiodissection on May 27, 2012, 06:58:03 PMRetrospective G.R.O.S.S. 10xLP in the vein of the Broken Flag on Vinyl on Demand
what a fucked up mess that would be.  Full documentation or it isn't worth the trouble or the money.  I extend that to any box set worth the paper and plastic to make it.  Most of this stuff would get a single shot at being reissued.  Hacking it to bits and turning it into someone else's "favorites" collection is...well...bullshit.

I agree, and I was furthermore disappointed to see the CD reissue of the Broken Flag box didn't even bother to included the full pieces despite the considerably larger length capacity of the format.

influencing machine

Quote from: Half Aborted on June 14, 2012, 09:38:17 PM
Quote from: Zeno Marx on May 28, 2012, 08:12:09 AM
Quote from: audiodissection on May 27, 2012, 06:58:03 PMRetrospective G.R.O.S.S. 10xLP in the vein of the Broken Flag on Vinyl on Demand
what a fucked up mess that would be.  Full documentation or it isn't worth the trouble or the money.  I extend that to any box set worth the paper and plastic to make it.  Most of this stuff would get a single shot at being reissued.  Hacking it to bits and turning it into someone else's "favorites" collection is...well...bullshit.

I agree, and I was furthermore disappointed to see the CD reissue of the Broken Flag box didn't even bother to included the full pieces despite the considerably larger length capacity of the format.

exactly. i was amazed that the broken flag cd set contained the exact same fragmented portions fo the releases as vinyl. makes no sense at all.

Zeno Marx

That's crazy.  Why do you think that is?  Overconfidence in their curating skills?  Laziness to add "bonus" tracks to the CD format?  Ignorance because everyone is constantly fellating the butchering they do, so why change it?
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Half Aborted

I and I'm sure many others would have jumped on a CD box containing the full pieces. Totally lazy thing to do, all labels should consider the format they're releasing on and exploit its strengths.

influencing machine

Quote from: SILVUM on June 15, 2012, 05:33:41 AM
Or just release the Male Rape Group disc separately.

male rape group is, i believe, the only release that is presented in its complete form on the v.o.d. box set release.

SiClark

Quote from: influencing machine on June 15, 2012, 08:21:26 AM
Quote from: SILVUM on June 15, 2012, 05:33:41 AM
Or just release the Male Rape Group disc separately.

male rape group is, i believe, the only release that is presented in its complete form on the v.o.d. box set release.
Yep, the full version of the tape is on the vinyl as it's around 25 minutes.