Maurizio Bianchi -MB- Appreciation topic

Started by tiny_tove, March 03, 2010, 12:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: deadprint on August 19, 2015, 11:09:14 PMI'll take a strange, eerie MB tape over Symphony for a Genocide any day.
This!

Zeno Marx

Quote from: HongKongGoolagong on August 19, 2015, 10:41:50 PM
"Greetings

We sincerely hope you do not receive this.

The attached document was originally printed in an edition of five copies bound in full red straight-grain morocco, tooled in gilt on the front boards, with marbled endpapers.

These books were then mailed unregistered and with no return address to Maurizio Bianchi, Sterile Records, Come Org, Broken Flag and Flowmotion. The contact addresses used were those from the early 1980s.

All remaining physical materials used in this production were then destroyed.

We eagerly anticipate that none of these packages will reach their intended recipients.

Today, the attached PDF is being sent to five individuals/organisations. After this email has been sent, all digital files relating to this project will be deleted and the device on which they were created will also be destroyed.

Thank you for your unwitting participation. You will not hear from us again.

Regel Press, 19th August 2015"

Email very gratefully received today. The attachment, which after such a sinister and strange message I wasn't sure about opening, is a 73 page book of MB interviews, statements, essays of critical appreciation etc. Some old favourites and some material new to me. Turned into a kind of weird performance piece by the method of dissemination. I feel like I'm ruining this by even talking about it! Not sure who exactly is behind this, but thank you.
It would be funny (and cool) if one of the five uploaded it to archive.org for millions to consume.
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Bleak Existence

what is the good early MB tape i need to listen to ?

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: Bleak Existence on August 20, 2015, 02:35:00 AMwhat is the good early MB tape i need to listen to ?
Ok, not tapes but my personal favorites are all LSSMB material and "Neuro Habitat" album as close second. However, I find pretty much any release between 82-84 essential even though some of them doesn't differ that greatly from one another. As for (even) older material, I really can't comment too much as I only have UMA reissues of "Atomique Tape" and "Industrial Tape". Liked those too!

davenpdx

Quote from: Zeno Marx on August 19, 2015, 11:59:08 PM
It would be funny (and cool) if one of the five uploaded it to archive.org for millions to consume.

My thoughts exactly.
Mystery Attacks: updates / sounds
Rouge Label: updates

AXNAAR

Quote from: Scat-O-Logy on August 20, 2015, 05:33:38 AM
Quote from: Bleak Existence on August 20, 2015, 02:35:00 AMwhat is the good early MB tape i need to listen to ?
Ok, not tapes but my personal favorites are all LSSMB material and "Neuro Habitat" album as close second. However, I find pretty much any release between 82-84 essential even though some of them doesn't differ that greatly from one another. As for (even) older material, I really can't comment too much as I only have UMA reissues of "Atomique Tape" and "Industrial Tape". Liked those too!

Quite a lot to enjoy from his discography but also some total boring crap. Neuro Habitat best he ever did IMO next to LSSMB but Atomique/Morder, S.F.A.G also stands out as very good and pre-MB Sacher-Pelz stuff is also great.

The V-O-D boxes are worth getting and can be found for quite reasonable prices these days.

deadprint

Quote from: Bleak Existence on August 20, 2015, 02:35:00 AM
what is the good early MB tape i need to listen to ?

For me, Atomique is absolutely essential.

I also very much Industrial, Voyeur, and Mectpyo-Blut.  The second tape, I.B.M. is probably the most similar to the L.P's that followed.

Half Aborted

"Greetings

The attached document was originally printed in an edition of five copies bound in full red straight-grain morocco, tooled in gilt on the front boards, with marbled endpapers.

These books were then mailed unregistered and with no return address to Maurizio Bianchi, Sterile Records, Come Org, Broken Flag and Flowmotion. The contact addresses used were those from the early 1980s.

We eagerly anticipate that none of these packages will reach their intended recipients.

Today, the attached PDF is being sent to five individuals/organisations. After this email has been sent, all digital files relating to this project will be deleted and the device on which they were created will also be destroyed.

Email very gratefully received today. The attachment, which after such a sinister and strange message I wasn't sure about opening, is a 73 page book of MB interviews, statements, essays of critical appreciation etc. Some old favourites and some material new to me. Turned into a kind of weird performance piece by the method of dissemination. I feel like I'm ruining this by even talking about it! Not sure who exactly is behind this, but thank you.

Looks like one of them did thankfully, just found it on Archive here.

Yrjö-Koskinen

Quote from: Half Aborted on April 04, 2018, 04:25:55 PM
"Greetings

Looks like one of them did thankfully, just found it on Archive here.

The potential millions are so far 13, if I understand the stats page correctly. Perhaps now 14, counting me? Great stuff, anyway. Having at least a little money these days, and thus being back to assembling physical stuff rather than digital, I sometimes forget how awesome massive amounts of digital information can be.

Here it is, anyway:
https://archive.org/details/MaurizioBianchiFiles
"Alkoholi ei ratkaise ongelmia, mutta eipä kyllä vittu maitokaan"

Ahvenanmaalla Puhutaan Suomea