NICOLA VINCIGUERRA - "CAGNARA" live recording

Started by tisbor, March 15, 2012, 10:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tisbor

http://nicolavinciguerra.bandcamp.com/album/cagnara

On the 26th of February, i had a little exhibition in the town i live in, Bologna. It was held in the basement of a big apartment building that used to be a hotel in the 1930s. It was the first of a series of private exhibitions called Untergang. The basement is a huge circular corridor full of cellars/rooms, and its ceiling is completely covered in pipes from the heating and water system of the building.
In one, ultra messy room i had my drawings, while in the other i "played" a little set/performance with a friend.
I amplified one of the heating pipes on the ceiling with a contact microphone, then passed through a DOD Meat Box, a mixer, a hi-fi stereo and a guitar amp. I was standing on a tiny rocking bambi toy most of the time, with sunglasses on and a red neon as only light source. My (male) friend was dressed in a cute pink lady dress. We played with each other a bit, caressing and holding hands while harsh noise wall-like sound was produced by the amplified pipe.
People came and went from the room, drinking, chatting or just peeking.
It all lasted about 40/50 minutes.
The sound was captured by Tor Navjord on a Zoom portable recorder.
I will release a physical version of the set on tape soon, possibly with a video and more documentation.
For now you can listen to it for free on bandcamp, + download for 1 € or plus with a booklet featuring some pictures from the performance.
Around 37 minutes of harsh noise wall.
Needless to say, "Cagnara" means racket in italian slang.
Enjoy!