Special Interest
April 21, 2021, 12:45:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Current 93  (Read 9628 times)
david lloyd jones
Diehard user

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 05:34:40 PM »

drunken surfing the Si boards and found this.
early loop based c93are still regular listens-notably nature unveiled and dogs blood...
earth covers earth and swastikas.. still entrance, though later stuff less soand swastikas is so very long ago..
bitewerksMTB
Overkill user

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 08:27:45 PM »

The two tracks on "Dawn" LP are excellent; "Great Black Time" and  "Maldoror Er Daudur" are on C93's bandcamp as remixes. I'd love to hear the originals again. The loops that run through the tracks have stuck in my memory all of these years. Great feedback on "G.B.T.", too.

"I'm the One" is a classic track from a classic compilation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnQs0BllD3c

« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 10:29:06 PM by bitewerksMTB » Logged

david lloyd jones
Diehard user

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2017, 07:40:13 PM »

The two tracks on "Dawn" LP are excellent; "Great Black Time" and  "Maldoror Er Daudur" are on C93's bandcamp as remixes. I'd love to hear the originals again. The loops that run through the tracks have stuck in my memory all of these years. Great feedback on "G.B.T.", too.

"I'm the One" is a classic track from a classic compilation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnQs0BllD3c

several of the 'old c93albums were reissued a few years back with remixes of the original tracks-all the same person, budgeted if I can remember who.
all good to really good as memory serves.
BlackHole
moderate user

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2017, 12:11:59 AM »

I only like the dark/ritual ambient material of Current 93. His voice is bloody awful. I even have a hard time sitting through the Death In June songs he is featured on. "Nature Unveiled", "Dogs Blood Rising", and "Faust" are all excellent albums. Creepy and disturbing stuff!

If you like his early dark ambient stuff I'd recommend the Nekrophile Records stuff like Zero Kama and Ain Soph.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 12:13:46 AM by BlackHole » Logged
ANDROPHILIA
Diehard user

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 12:34:48 AM »

Mystical Experience

-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)
chewslife

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2017, 11:07:24 PM »

several of the 'old c93albums were reissued a few years back with remixes of the original tracks-all the same person, budgeted if I can remember who.
all good to really good as memory serves.

Andrew Liles. They were originally available with the C93 reissues on CD but were later collected as a vinyl set. Found all of them to be quite enjoyable and brought some new life to the work after so many decades and, perhaps, improvement here and there.
https://www.discogs.com/Current-93-Like-Swallowing-Eclipses-Current-93-Dreamt-By-Andrew-Liles/master/287797
david lloyd jones
Diehard user

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2017, 05:24:52 PM »

Mystical Experience

can't say as I agree here, whatever drove the lp went tits up and synths of yesteryear sound too dated at moment to be retro.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: