Whitehouse

Started by Peterson, December 04, 2011, 11:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leatherface

"Birthdeath Experience" is one of the best record ever! :)

Scat-O-Logy

Quote from: sick on August 29, 2015, 09:54:54 PM
Dont like:
Birthdeath Experience
Psychopathia Sexualis
Right to Kill
Twice is Not Enough

Huh?! To each his own but still...

burdizzo

Yeah, 'Birthdeath...' is surely one of their best, and I must say, that - and 'Twice is not enough' - are among my favourite Whitehouse  albums. Strange!

sick

Quote from: burdizzo on August 29, 2015, 10:26:49 PM
Yeah, 'Birthdeath...' is surely one of their best, and I must say, that - and 'Twice is not enough' - are among my favourite Whitehouse  albums. Strange!

Birthdeath is ok if you want silly robot noise I guess. But the sounds didn't really match the manifesto.

I just couldn't get into Twice is Not Enough for some reason. I kinda liked Never Forget Death which is similar but pretty much just for Torture Chamber.

My taste doesnt make sense to me either.

Leatherface

Yeah, 'Birthdeath...' is surely one of their best, and I must say, that - and 'Twice is not enough' - are among my favourite Whitehouse  albums. Strange!

I completely agree! Especially the Special Edition of "Twice...", included the "Never Forget Death" and his awesome "Asking for it".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yMXUFrkIIw

For "Birthdeath..." this is a Masterpiece!

sick

Quote from: Leatherface on August 29, 2015, 10:40:44 PM
Yeah, 'Birthdeath...' is surely one of their best, and I must say, that - and 'Twice is not enough' - are among my favourite Whitehouse  albums. Strange!

I completely agree! Especially the Special Edition of "Twice...", included the "Never Forget Death" and his awesome "Asking for it".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yMXUFrkIIw

For "Birthdeath..." this is a Masterpiece!

It's been almost ... three years since I've listened to it

Maybe a re-listen is necessary
*Update:listening to this, and its a lot better than I remember .More detailed and effective.I'll edit my last post,I think I got total sex or erector confused with it? I don't know I remember not liking one of the early whitehouse records

burdizzo

Nothing wrong with 'Erector', either. Wasn't mad about 'Total Sex', myself, however - so maybe that's the one you were thinking about?!

sick

Quote from: burdizzo on August 30, 2015, 02:02:30 AM
Nothing wrong with 'Erector', either. Wasn't mad about 'Total Sex', myself, however - so maybe that's the one you were thinking about?!
Maybe, I don't own it. Maybe I'll download and find out. I listened to most of their records through download before I got a new computer. Only ones I have in my physical possession are the ones I mentioned.

softmachine

Whitehouse are basically the reason i'm here.... a random mention of them on a blog lead me to YouTube..... HOOKED!

The more I watched/listened, despite my initial "that's not music!!!" shock, the more and more entranced I became.... I still don't know why...

but also, the more and more I watched the vids of live performances, the more of the humour I got. There's a few near the end of their existence, with Bennett and Best flailing around like Elvises.... how can anyone not get that humour? :)

But yes, I need to start exploring the music in album context. Not easy given the prices!

Deadpriest

I downloaded a Whitehouse discography (and a Death in June one and a Regurgitate one and an Akitsa one) from a torrents site, some years ago (3?)!!
My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

burdizzo

Ha! That's exactly what I thought! Good for him, though!

HongKongGoolagong

Zeno Marx

Quote from: Dr Alex on October 25, 2015, 11:49:20 PM
Quote from: Deadpriest on October 25, 2015, 07:54:09 PM
I downloaded a Whitehouse discography (and a Death in June one and a Regurgitate one and an Akitsa one) from a torrents site, some years ago (3?)!!
So?
Quote from: softmachine on September 15, 2015, 09:45:33 PMNot easy given the prices!
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

Leatherface

Whitehouse discography download link for a very nice price, for people who don't have the chance to have the original collection :)

https://bleep.com/music/artist/9972-whitehouse