Special Interest
November 13, 2019, 01:35:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP OFF ALERTS topic  (Read 74991 times)
online prowler
Diehard user

« Reply #195 on: November 04, 2019, 09:10:23 PM »

AVOID seller rundownsun in discogs. He is selling various over-priced noise. I recently bought a cassette from him, Prurient The Golden Chamber, which was sold as 'mint, never played', but it came chewed and damaged on side B. Seller was dismissive and aloof when confronted boardering to rude. No response after video documention with sound and photos of case sent. The video has however been downloaded. Seller also admitted in email to having played the tape previously, so all his discogs item descriptions are not to be trusted. Case sent to paypal for refund. No recommendation, better to avoid. Case solved. Refund via paypal.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 12:39:22 AM by online prowler » Logged
Fistfuck Masonanie

« Reply #196 on: November 04, 2019, 11:55:43 PM »

It saddens me to write this, but here we go; Rodger Stella owes me $250 worth of cassette tapes from an order placed a year ago. For a few years prior to this, we had several great transactions together without any problems. However, almost a year ago I had placed a wholesale order for about $500 worth of Macronympha and Mother Savage cassette reissues. It took awhile and several emails/texts, but I eventually received half of the order. You can draw your own conclusions as far as why this happened, but I also know for a fact that some other people have experienced the same problem.

I don't think he's been making any posts lately trying to sell any tapes, but I figured it would be best to make this post in order to make others aware in case they try to do business with him. Also, I will gladly edit this post and make an update if things ever get rectified.

This is really sad to hear, I ordered over 50 tapes from when he was first reissuing all the Macro and MSNP stuff. Was always super nice and prompt and I never had any issues. Hopefully he is doing OK personally and I hope you get the cassettes you are owed.

I know he said they were all limited to 30 back then but I think he is just dubbing them on demand. Keep us updated if the situation changes, there still some older reissues I wanted to grab.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 11:57:25 PM by Fistfuck Masonanie » Logged
online prowler
Diehard user

« Reply #197 on: November 06, 2019, 10:43:17 AM »

It saddens me to write this, but here we go; Rodger Stella owes me $250 worth of cassette tapes from an order placed a year ago. For a few years prior to this, we had several great transactions together without any problems. However, almost a year ago I had placed a wholesale order for about $500 worth of Macronympha and Mother Savage cassette reissues. It took awhile and several emails/texts, but I eventually received half of the order. You can draw your own conclusions as far as why this happened, but I also know for a fact that some other people have experienced the same problem.

I don't think he's been making any posts lately trying to sell any tapes, but I figured it would be best to make this post in order to make others aware in case they try to do business with him. Also, I will gladly edit this post and make an update if things ever get rectified.

I have dealt with Rodger multiple times over the last years for the Where frost reign distro. He has always been cordial and trustworthy. Never once have there been any issues. Orders might sometime have taken a month to process, but that is expected when all is hand assembled and running a one man operation. I can vouch for Stella. Would do business with him again gladly.
whiteheatnoise
user

« Reply #198 on: November 06, 2019, 05:00:19 PM »

As I said earlier in the post, I had done several successful transactions with him in the past without any problems. In fact, I know Rodger personally and think that he is pretty stand-up guy aside from this whole ordeal. But, after waiting a year for $250 worth of stock, in addition to straight up being lied to about tapes being on their way to me, I feel that my post was warranted. Furthermore, as I also mentioned in the first post, I will edit my comments as soon as the situation is rectified. Just trying to give others a heads up to avoid the situation I'm currently in. When was the last time you have placed a wholesale order with him if I may ask?

I have dealt with Rodger multiple times over the last years for the Where frost reign distro. He has always been cordial and trustworthy. Never once have there been any issues. Orders might sometime have taken a month to process, but that is expected when all is hand assembled and running a one man operation. I can vouch for Stella. Would do business with him again gladly.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 05:02:10 PM by whiteheatnoise » Logged

online prowler
Diehard user

« Reply #199 on: November 06, 2019, 09:16:35 PM »

As I said earlier in the post, I had done several successful transactions with him in the past without any problems. In fact, I know Rodger personally and think that he is pretty stand-up guy aside from this whole ordeal. But, after waiting a year for $250 worth of stock, in addition to straight up being lied to about tapes being on their way to me, I feel that my post was warranted. Furthermore, as I also mentioned in the first post, I will edit my comments as soon as the situation is rectified. Just trying to give others a heads up to avoid the situation I'm currently in. When was the last time you have placed a wholesale order with him if I may ask?

I am writing my experiences with Stella and judging from that I think it was okay to have another perspective as you cautioned others to interact with him. Other than that my intention is not to diminish your claim. I did business with Rodger not long ago.
totalblack
Heavy user

« Reply #200 on: November 08, 2019, 09:50:50 PM »

AVOID seller rundownsun in discogs. He is selling various over-priced noise. I recently bought a cassette from him, Prurient The Golden Chamber, which was sold as 'mint, never played', but it came chewed and damaged on side B. Seller was dismissive and aloof when confronted boardering to rude. No response after video documention with sound and photos of case sent. The video has however been downloaded. Seller also admitted in email to having played the tape previously, so all his discogs item descriptions are not to be trusted. Case sent to paypal for refund. No recommendation, better to avoid. Case solved. Refund via paypal.

Just want to chime in here as I've had nothing but good interactions and experiences with both of you, and Josh reached out to me recently regarding this- he said that the release WAS unplayed, but you requested a play test before shipment, in which there was no issues with the cassette. This was the only time he played the tape. He said that he initially asked what you wanted to do and offered a refund with return of the tape, and then didn't hear back from you until a month later when the paypal dispute was opened. He also said that you asked him to pay for blank tapes and for the purchase of the FLAC files, since you had recorded your own dub of the tape, opened the two shells, and inserted that into the original tape shell. I've known Josh for more than 10 years and his projects and label were great Canadian HN when he was active in the mid '00s. I know others who have purchased from him recently without any problems and with items in perfect described condition. I can't see any reason that he would lie about this situation.

online prowler
Diehard user

« Reply #201 on: November 08, 2019, 11:04:48 PM »

Just want to chime in here as I've had nothing but good interactions and experiences with both of you, and Josh reached out to me recently regarding this- he said that the release WAS unplayed, but you requested a play test before shipment, in which there was no issues with the cassette. This was the only time he played the tape. He said that he initially asked what you wanted to do and offered a refund with return of the tape, and then didn't hear back from you until a month later when the paypal dispute was opened. He also said that you asked him to pay for blank tapes and for the purchase of the FLAC files, since you had recorded your own dub of the tape, opened the two shells, and inserted that into the original tape shell. I've known Josh for more than 10 years and his projects and label were great Canadian HN when he was active in the mid '00s. I know others who have purchased from him recently without any problems and with items in perfect described condition. I can't see any reason that he would lie about this situation.

Brett, you don't seem to have all the facts re the transaction and my contact with seller. I won't go into detail about this with other than seller and consider this a closed case as I was offered a partial refund. I remain firm in my position. You are entiled to voice a comment here. 
deutscheasphalt
user

« Reply #202 on: November 09, 2019, 09:04:18 AM »

Fuck - I don't know who to believe now :/

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]
  Print  

Jump to: