Metal Junk Fetish

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, June 10, 2011, 10:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kettu

check out the releases section of the board about the tape mentioned in the first post, fuck links.

A S I T G

apologies for the self-advertisement, but my project is based heavily around found metal fetish / scrap obsession via harsh noise:

A Snake in the Garden

My personal favorite metal abusers:
The New Blockaders (obvious)
Macronympha (obvious)
Knurl
MSBR ("Metal Stricken Terror Action" in particular)
Organum
Grain Belt
Paranoid Time
Wince
Diaphrahmatic
Sewer Election
Andrew Coltrane (seek out "Der Lustgalgen" or "New Scars")

XXX

Legion St. George has some of my favorite junk abuse work. surprised none brought it up sooner.

cvac

I'm a big fan of this stuff as well and always on the lookout to acquire what I can.

K2's "the rust" is a great album for sure, though I think I prefer the more organically edited style of things like Knurl or the TNB/Organum collab works to the cut up style of K2.

Does anyone have the K2 "sexencyclopedia" box? Worth it?

FreakAnimalFinland

yes, 4xCD box is very good. I think only 300 was made, so if you see it, grab it.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

P-K

Tochnit Aleph/Rumstipumsti is selling the 4xcd for 48euro's, new.

STREETMEAT

i think Richard Ramirez should also be listed.maybe not all recordings can do him justice but live he never fails.

some of my favorite noise with junk:
Grunt
Bizarre Uproar
Mania
Ascites(split with Blood Oath 88 is great)
Hal Hutchinson
TNB
also i think the stuff Sick Seed did on the 7" and shift split is a great improvement

Bleak Existence

Metal is the best sound source for noise ever !

fornoisessake

Quote from: bogskaggmannen on June 10, 2011, 11:29:11 AM

What I enjoy with metaljunk recordings is the possibility for cooperative workouts - nothing beats the intensity of the "group". It should also be experienced in live situations.
Totally agree, one of the best shows I've seen was a group of three banging, scratching, abusing metals. A junk metal big hand would be awesome!
I also enjoy metal junk playing myself, I started drumming in early 90s using garbage cans, pots, spoons and any other metal I could find at home. Nowadays still doing metals but mixed with other sounds. Always lots of fun!

HONOR_IS_KING!

Keep on the look out for Diaphragmatic! Performed with him last night and it was fucking incredible. Only one distortion pedal and Nate playing a bin full of pieces of metal with his bare hands.......and then he brought out the power sander!!!!!!
KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109

Bleak Existence

cr

Reviving this old thread, I hope to get more recommendations, esp. from the last 5+ years.

Listening to TNB Schadenklang LP for the third time this weeekend, and I'm really enjoying it.

Want more! Thanks!

cr

You're right of course, but I like some TNB records nonetheless.
Already have those H.H. records, thanks!

GEWALTMONOPOL

Quote from: Peterson on January 15, 2017, 07:33:15 PM
get Hal Hutchinson's "Wreckage and Reconstruction" LP or "Dedicated To Damage" CD!

Both available from me for 6 and 5 quid respectively. What remains of the LP as most have been used for packaging by now. A box or so. Prices are negotiable if enough HH stuff is ordered. Fuck it, negotiable all the way for anyone who wants.
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

Peterson

Quote from: cr on January 15, 2017, 08:36:16 PM
You're right of course, but I like some TNB records nonetheless.
Already have those H.H. records, thanks!

Late to the game, that's me for you. Redundant as usual. Check out Paranoid Time "Torsion Field Ebonics"