Subklinik / Chad Davis

Started by wolle93, March 03, 2023, 03:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolle93

Hey
Anyone have the same problems?
Ordered last year 2 vinyl records from Chad Davis from Subklinik , payed for them but received nothing until now.
Also he didn't read / responsed to my Mails.

Phenol

Yes, I ordered some $90 worth of stuff from him 2-3 years ago (or thereabouts, just when the lathe cut LP was released) and have still not received anything. He was very communicative until the money had been paid, then it was just complete silence. After a while and numerous requests to send my order in a friendly tone and not getting an answer, I ended up calling him a rip off cunt and counted the money as lost. I like his music, but would never deal with him directly again.

wolle93

Yes I have the same experience , he answered very fast and friendly until he got the money. I asked him to give me a tracking number as I paid for to germany but nothing happened.I think those records never where shipped.

KillToForget

I wouldn't say he's a scammer. I don't believe he's doing it intentionally or maliciously. Not trying to make excuses for him, though, and I hope he comes around and ships everything out. I'm waiting on just a tape from him. Everything I'd ordered before that came promptly

Bleak Existence

its a plague in the noise scene since a long time people who release-sell but do not post their order - think its better to stick to a trusted distro than to buy directly from the creator himself

andy vomit

i ordered the two iron destiny tapes from him in december. i emailed him about a month later asking if they'd shipped, he told me the storms in his area were messing with things. the weather was fucking crazy at the time so this checked out.
still haven't gotten my order, but i'm giving the guy the benefit of the doubt, as i've ordered many times from him in the past and had no issue whatsoever.
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

Decrepitude

He owes me a CDR and a tape too. Shame because he's pretty much a noise hero to me.

FallOfNature

Quote from: KillToForget on March 07, 2023, 12:59:01 AM
I don't believe he's doing it intentionally or maliciously.

This.

I've sent him a DM. Have never had an issue personally so hopefully all is sorted soon.

Leewar

Quote from: Phenol on March 03, 2023, 04:00:13 PM
Yes, I ordered some $90 worth of stuff from him 2-3 years ago  and have still not received anything.

Quote from: KillToForget on March 07, 2023, 12:59:01 AM
I don't believe he's doing it intentionally or maliciously.

Yes, just sounds like he's having a busy 730 - 1095 days with not one spare moment to send someone something they paid for. 

host body

Can relate, I've had trouble sending out what I've sold at some points in my life. For various reasons, but never out of any intention of ripping anyone off. Which is why I only to trades anymore, stopped selling stuff by mail because I don't basically want a thread like this started about me, hah.

Hopefully he'll sort everything out sooner rather than later.

OMM

I understand people who still don't lose hope and defend this type of person for their career, but it's not justifiable that the guy responds until the payment and then he doesn't respond anymore. Even uploading instagram stories almost every day.
Especially in USA it's full of lazy and irresponsible people. I mention the Pain appendix guy who kept my money, never sent anything and only gave me excuses, too

KillToForget

Quote from: Leewar on March 08, 2023, 02:25:41 PM
Quote from: Phenol on March 03, 2023, 04:00:13 PMYes, I ordered some $90 worth of stuff from him 2-3 years ago  and have still not received anything.

Quote from: KillToForget on March 07, 2023, 12:59:01 AMI don't believe he's doing it intentionally or maliciously.

Yes, just sounds like he's having a busy 730 - 1095 days with not one spare moment to send someone something they paid for. 
The only thing I was disputing was the "scammer" label. I do think he should be held accountable, I hope he sees this and sends everyone's orders out, and I wish people would stop listing items for sale unless they are in a stable enough position to fulfill the orders.
There are at least 5 different people I have sent money to but have not yet received the items. I don't think any of them were planning on this when they first put the items for sale, but circumstances change. I have been known to be too forgiving though!

Cranial Blast

First was a huge fan of his doom metal band Hour Of 13. Fantastic riffs, nicely done heavy/doom metal stuff! Highly recommended to those are into that stuff or looking for more of it. Later on I had heard his death industrial stuff Subklinik and that stuff is also very good! I especially enjoyed the tape on Obsessive Fundamental Realism! Very old school death industrial approach, I'd say those who like Brighter Death Now or Atrax Morgue would enjoy Subklinik quite a bit.

Into_The_Void

Quote from: Cranial Blast on March 28, 2024, 03:00:13 AMFirst was a huge fan of his doom metal band Hour Of 13. Fantastic riffs, nicely done heavy/doom metal stuff! Highly recommended to those are into that stuff or looking for more of it. Later on I had heard his death industrial stuff Subklinik and that stuff is also very good! I especially enjoyed the tape on Obsessive Fundamental Realism! Very old school death industrial approach, I'd say those who like Brighter Death Now or Atrax Morgue would enjoy Subklinik quite a bit.

Indeed his band is quite good, although I don't listen to it that much and it's not among my favourites in traditional doom... I like a lot "Monotheistic Entrance Of Seclusion". Besides that, I only listened to "Cremator / Of Bones And Death" and the CD "Musik for Dekomposition", which is quite boring. Some of his other projects (not solo projects) like Anu or Profane Grace deserve a listen as well, excellent black metal the former and dark ambient the latter.
https://sabruxa.bandcamp.com/ (Industrial / ambient)