Special Interest
January 16, 2021, 05:22:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]
  Print  
Author Topic: Current Mail / Postage situation due to Covid-19  (Read 18033 times)
Bleak Existence
Heavy user

« Reply #165 on: January 09, 2021, 10:00:03 PM »

Canada Post is slow as fuck right here now ... they say it because of holiday period .....
Theodore
Heavy user

« Reply #166 on: January 10, 2021, 12:38:33 AM »

RE: UK shipping : Hm, so it seems it's probably the same as US etc. now. Thresholds for gifts and purchases that if above them you have to pay. For Greece these are 21EUR for purchases / 40+ EUR for gifts. Incl. shipping cost. If they stop it you have to pay 15EUR+VAT. If they doubt about the declaration you are at their mercy. Probably they will charge you and you will have to proove them wrong. And it's that 15EUR standard fee that hurts ...

From what i have seen, small packets of 2-4 tapes / CDs pass free of charge, given the sender uses his name, not company / store. It is sent as gift and declared value is low but reasonable [~4EUR a tape] . For vinyls, i dont know, i guess will be more difficult, will catch more attention cause of size [?] .

“ἀθάνατοι θνητοί, θνητοὶ ἀθάνατοι, ζῶντες τὸν ἐκείνων θάνατον, τὸν δὲ ἐκείνων βίον τεθνεῶτες”
holy ghost
Diehard user

« Reply #167 on: January 10, 2021, 02:13:50 AM »

Canada Post is slow as fuck right here now ... they say it because of holiday period .....

You can say that again! I think it’s a new inevitability, and believe me, I am a STAUNCH advocate of Canada Post - I’ve had ONE package go missing in 25 years of frequently ordering records and that was clearly a case of me getting ripped off given the label (who eventually made it right two years later).

I’m used to a package from Scream and Writhe typically taking 24 hours from Montreal to Toronto, and 8-12 days from the US. I ordered from Skeleton Dust before the holidays and it hasn’t even left the US! (Obviously no shade to Skeleton Dust and S&W - they are of course obviously excellent!!).
absurdexposition
Diehard user

« Reply #168 on: January 10, 2021, 04:11:59 PM »

With Canada I find it's often the direction a package is going that seems to make a difference. Vancouver to Montreal has been arriving in exactly a week as of late, but Montreal to Vancouver can take almost 2 weeks. Going west has had longer delivery times for at least the past 3 years, though. Must be something to do with Quebec distribution hubs.

Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Primitive Isolation Tactics
holy ghost
Diehard user

« Reply #169 on: January 10, 2021, 05:41:32 PM »

I got a package from Sam/The Rita in two days last week where usually it’s a week or two from Vancouver to Toronto. It’s bizarre!
Potier
user

« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2021, 08:39:11 AM »

Tried ordering some records from Finland the other day and was informed that there currently is no shipping from Finland to Canada. Apparently US is still cool but not north of there...

FreakAnimalFinland
Administrator
Overkill user

« Reply #171 on: January 14, 2021, 10:08:16 AM »

oh damn! Australia and NZ seems to be open today, 14.1.2021! Got a lot of shipping to do...

E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]
  Print  

Jump to: