Medical books

Started by tiny_tove, February 16, 2011, 02:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy vomit

i'm looking for books on mental health, particularly older ones, and preferably with photos/diagrams/etc..  anyone know of a good place to start looking?  or, better yet, does anyone have anything they'd be willing to part with?  thanks..
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

m.

Quote from: tiny_tove on February 16, 2011, 05:45:17 PM
...the notorious weimann&prokop. It became a classic because the extreme expressionism of the pictures made them look like art photos, but also since it featured an extensive section of auto-erotic fatalities and sex crimes.
The book was so impressive when it was released that an Italian "artist" created an installation/exhibition in Florence entitled "Atlante di Medicina Legale" that can be see in Armando Crispono's flick Macchie Solari.
Marco Corbelli used a lot of many images from that book.
The first version I got I discovered was unoriginal. Some crazy fuck reprinted it printing it in off-set, with excellent result, but with that laser/xerox result that was good for zines and not for proper releases.

found a torrent of the weimann & prokop atlas, if someone's interested. in italian, pdf. nice one!

Nyodene D

Quote from: tiny_tove on February 16, 2011, 02:29:27 PM
I start this thread with a request.
Does anybody know the title of the Forensic medicine book used by Carcass for Symphonie of sickness and by many others (I am pretty sure Murder Corporation to name one). I saw it a couple of times many years ago,  but I really can't remember the title.
I am talking about the one with full color images, hardcover, i think brown cover, but not sure about that.
I am not talking about the almighty weiman & prokop, which I own in two different editions now.

Medicolegal Investigations Of Death?

linxtyx

If some of you are interested, I can scan book released in Lithuania in 1979 called "Teismo medicina" (Court medicine). Articles are no big use for you, but there a lot of pretty sweet photos of dismembered bodies, deformed faces, a couple not bad photos of both ways transsexuals and so on.
If I will have time I will do it in upcoming two weeks, but it can happen after summer too. So I don't promise anything exact now.

I add 2 images for example, both are railroad accidents (photographed with cell, not scanned).

tiny_tove

please do if you can!
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

narcolepsia

linxtyx :

I would be interested to check that one as well !

linxtyx

Ok guys, I will try to do it as soon as possible.
For now I'm in deep pit of writing a big final article for my studies and in two weeks I'm leaving for whole summer to Germany. So I don't know. I hope to catch a few free hours next week to do this.