ABSCHEU Interview

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, July 11, 2019, 11:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GEWALTMONOPOL

Brand new interview with ABSCHEU. Google Translate for those who don't speak French.

http://idiocratie2012.blogspot.com/2019/07/entretien-abscheu.html
Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

Zeno Marx

Is this cat still around?  Two great tapes (Breviary of Chaos being the favorite).  New projects?
"the overindulgent machines were their children"
I only buy vinyl, d00ds.

nezalezhnye

Quote from: GEWALTMONOPOL on July 11, 2019, 11:53:50 PM
Brand new interview with ABSCHEU. Google Translate for those who don't speak French.

http://idiocratie2012.blogspot.com/2019/07/entretien-abscheu.html

Wow, great to put the albums into context with this! And what tops it off is that he's drawn a line in the sand in regards to what projects he finds off-putting. As usual it's all happening in Evropa. And who is this "idiots"? Is he writing straight from the belly of the beast too? Or watching the collapse of French society from afar?

burdizzo1

Nice interview (in English) insert in the new 10", also. Always a good idea to include such inserts in records, I think. Really adds to the 'experience'. Interview deals with many of the same themes, particularly the mistake of 'multiculturalism'. Sonically, and although I've only listened a couple of times so far, it seems a little understated - albeit still with an underlying bite. The best track is the title track, "Haven", but again, that's a first impression. Really good presentation, and great format!

Phenol

Haven't bought the new Abscheu yet, just listened on Bandcamp, but it could be a candidate for album of the year for me. Not a weak track on it, judging from first impression.

Grübelschlinge

Any distro outside UK stocking the new 10"?

TS

Quote from: Phenol on December 19, 2022, 11:05:48 AM
Haven't bought the new Abscheu yet, just listened on Bandcamp, but it could be a candidate for album of the year for me. Not a weak track on it, judging from first impression.

Yeah. Agreed. Production is hard as fuck. Sounds modern, but still totally P.E. at it's core. This is something Unrest has always been good at cultivating/finding, I think.
Kropper uten Mellomrom

burdizzo1

Quote from: Grübelschlinge on December 19, 2022, 05:08:06 PM
Any distro outside UK stocking the new 10"?

Tesco handling most of the distribution now for Unrest, it seems.

HateSermon

I assume Cloister (US) will be getting copies but I haven't asked.

burdizzo1

Humph. Turns out I was listening to this at the wrong speed initially. Makes more sense and improved at 45 rpm!

chryptusrecords

Quote from: HateSermon on December 20, 2022, 04:24:58 AM
I assume Cloister (US) will be getting copies but I haven't asked.
yes, expecting "early January" is the word on the street

burdizzo1

New Abscheu CD on Tesco, "Creed": slow paced, but crystal clear, hard industrial sounds and structures for the most part. Exceptions are "Stand Up Like Men!", which is the big driving industrial hit, and - probably my favourite track - "Rivers Of Blood" which starts off sparse enough, but swells with waves of fire-y noise. Vocals throughout are p.e., and thus not really for instant comprehension - but it doesn't matter, because the lyrics are printed on the digipack. Unlike his previous album "Pretense", where he examined different 'extremist' movements from an apparently 'neutral' viewpoint, this time he's not afraid to fly his own flag. More power to him, I say.