SMELL & QUIM

Started by FreakAnimalFinland, April 27, 2019, 03:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigswill

Quote from: Johann on October 07, 2019, 10:47:15 PM
Is anyone aware of any additional Smell & Quim your dates  in the USA outside of the hospital festival?
As far as I've been aware, they are only doing the Hospital Productions show. They haven't been known to play frequently anyways, as far as I'm aware (which isn't very far at all).

David is pretty responsive via email. He recently gave me info on the Hospital Productions show before I saw it on this board. You can find their contact info on their website (link)

NaturalOrthodoxy

Quote from: Pigswill on October 08, 2019, 07:41:21 AM
They haven't been known to play frequently anyways, as far as I'm aware (which isn't very far at all).

I supported them in Manchester a couple of years ago with Rusalka, MK9, and Iron Drugs. I don't hide the fact I'm pretty green and didn't know a great deal about anyone playing at the time, I look back with 20/20 hindsight smacking myself for not realising what I was witnessing. Full on dildo Elvis regalia, full volume feedback, members dry humping inflatable animals, a female member dressed as a nurse brandishing a contact mic'd saw (this same member also stamped on my back and tried to kick me while I was playing- the best crowd interaction I've ever had), and passing bottles of Buckfast with S&Q stickers on for the audience to share. total carnage

Pigswill

Quote from: NaturalOrthodoxy on October 09, 2019, 03:00:38 PM
They haven't been known to play frequently anyways, as far as I'm aware (which isn't very far at all).

I supported them in Manchester a couple of years ago with Rusalka, MK9, and Iron Drugs. I don't hide the fact I'm pretty green and didn't know a great deal about anyone playing at the time, I look back with 20/20 hindsight smacking myself for not realising what I was witnessing. Full on dildo Elvis regalia, full volume feedback, members dry humping inflatable animals, a female member dressed as a nurse brandishing a contact mic'd saw (this same member also stamped on my back and tried to kick me while I was playing- the best crowd interaction I've ever had), and passing bottles of Buckfast with S&Q stickers on for the audience to share. total carnage

That sounds like quite the show. I wish there was footage!

MEATPUMP

Was this gig upstairs in Fuel cafe/bar in Withington per chance?

HongKongGoolagong

Quote from: Johann on October 07, 2019, 10:47:15 PM
Is anyone aware of any additional Smell & Quim your dates  in the USA outside of the hospital festival?

It's only the Hospital Fest. Line-up: SRDENOVIC/HARRIS/FEAR plus guest Madame Deficit.

Didn't think that 2016 show went as well as most, a bit tame really, but glad to hear it looked entertaining. The second Lisbon show that year where Dave cracked his head open and I had to get him into a taxi still wearing nothing but swastika underpants was a funny one. It really is three shows a year maximum and frequent years now without any shows. Maybe continental Europe again next year.

Cuntybubbles due soon, cannot reveal label but it will be a surprise. Also something called Pyramid Scam (A Scarab For Your Thoughts) for Egyptian themed release.

NaturalOrthodoxy

Quote from: MEATPUMP on October 20, 2019, 06:04:39 PM

Was this gig upstairs in Fuel cafe/bar in Withington per chance?

aye!! good fun

totalblack

Simon Morris from Smell & Quim was unfortunately found dead yesterday. Such a kind person, this is terrible news. I heard from him 2 days before he went missing and he said he wasn't feeling well, but didn't expect something like this.

www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/crime/body-pulled-from-river-wyre-is-missing-poulton-man-simon-morris-1-10163902/amp

chume

Quote from: totalblack on December 20, 2019, 03:56:23 PM
Simon Morris from Smell & Quim was unfortunately found dead yesterday. Such a kind person, this is terrible news. I heard from him 2 days before he went missing and he said he wasn't feeling well, but didn't expect something like this.

www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/crime/body-pulled-from-river-wyre-is-missing-poulton-man-simon-morris-1-10163902/amp

So sad, RIP Simon Morris, my heart goes out to his family. What a tragic ending to the year, losing too many great artists prematurely it seems.

Eigen Bast

Anyone have thoughts on the Cuntybubbles LP? Glad to hear some of the audio from hospital fest made it on there and to see Cheeses Intl at it again!

FreakAnimalFinland

Quote from: Eigen Bast on February 16, 2021, 07:44:15 PM
Anyone have thoughts on the Cuntybubbles LP? Glad to hear some of the audio from hospital fest made it on there and to see Cheeses Intl at it again!

Brilliant LP! I think this absolutely lives up to old S&Q standards, and in some ways is even wilder than many of old albums. It barely does justice to just write this brief comment. It has great, very distinctive songs, without being "too musical", yet every track is short and always build on specific idea. Often hilarious, but in good way.

Very close also this one:

https://glassjellysouffle.bandcamp.com/album/bulls-penis-soup
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

tiny_tove

I saw some recent artwork Gea did for S&Q, they never fail to amaze me
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

MEATPUMP

New EP 'Bull's Penis Soup' is really really good. The 11" lathe cut sounds so bad though it's unlistenable, which is a shame. I know lathe cut usually sounds pretty weak but this is just awful.

Bringbackthewhip

Quote from: MEATPUMP on March 06, 2021, 05:35:41 PM
New EP 'Bull's Penis Soup' is really really good. The 11" lathe cut sounds so bad though it's unlistenable, which is a shame. I know lathe cut usually sounds pretty weak but this is just awful.

Shame to hear the 11" lathe sounds bad,,,,,,the place to get quality loud stereo lathes cut is Bladud Flies in the UK, used by Dave Tibet, Andrew Lille's, etc, etc.

MEATPUMP

"Bad" is an understatement! Will keep as a collector's item/it's S&Q, but it's totally unplayable. The 5" lathe cut that came with 'The Yellow Album' sounds far better, this is just a mess.

theotherjohn

No release date yet, but At War With False Noise has a "SMELL & QUIM 7" Collection 3xCD box" listed in their forthcoming releases. As the website states, "buy some stuff so I can afford to press all that", and if anyone in the UK/Europe hasn't set their eyes upon AWWFN's massive distro list before then now's as good a time as any to have a rummage. His brutally funny reviews are well worth a gander at the very least.