N.

Started by 44, April 26, 2019, 12:34:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N.
I'm a big fan of this somewhat underappreciated project - been listening a lot to his new release on Deathbed Tapes.

Anyone else into his stuff? Id be interested to hear peoples thoughts or favourite releases?

Andrew McIntosh

Been into this project since I heard its "Hospital Murders" release. N.'s a bit hit-and-miss for me, though, as I prefer it's more sinister, quieter moments to it's more abrupt hard synth oscillations. A more recent, online release, "The Same Destination For Everyone", is more along the lines I like.

EDIT - modified my comment as it made it look like I was calling the "HM" tape "hit-and-miss", as opposed to the N. project as a whole. There are releases, like "Failure", which have frequencies I don't care for much from Death Industrial, as a whole.
Shikata ga nai.

FallOfNature

The Slaughter prod / Angst reissues are great, as is Autofagia. "Hospital Murders" goes without saying as I reissued it. Resignation set on Narcolepsia is worth picking up too.

There will be an N. / Cenotaphium split in the near future.

Yeah, all those releases are superb. Hospital Murders remains my favourite along with City of Broken Wheelchairs which has some similar subdued moments.

Good news on the split.

Lysergikon137

Quote from: Andrew McIntosh on April 26, 2019, 04:21:22 AM
Been into this project since I heard its "Hospital Murders" release. N.'s a bit hit-and-miss for me, though, as I prefer it's more sinister, quieter moments to it's more abrupt hard synth oscillations. A more recent, online release, "The Same Destination For Everyone", is more along the lines I like.

The hard oscillations and dense, brutish sequences on the Asphyxiation release are what really grabbed my interest. A lot of people can do sinister and quiet, but owning hard, simple synth sequences is a little more difficult in my opinion.
look behind the golden sun... face to face with the black sun...
https://njanssen.bandcamp.com/

Andrew McIntosh

Shikata ga nai.

denethorgul

The Asphyxiating cdr on Slaughter has quickly risen to be one of my standbys. Between that and his split with :m: on Danvers Philosophy In The Morgue, both excellent, I also haven't had the chance to listen to the earlier output but I'm always on the lookout for Slaughter discs floating around.

"WE EXPOSE ONLY SICKNESS BECAUSE WE ARE THE SICKNESS – WE ARE THE CORPSE, THE GERMS OF SCIENCE"

M. Nothing, 'Progetto Morte' 2001