Best Cherry Point releases that aren't well known?

Started by treebeard, March 22, 2019, 07:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treebeard

I already own or have heard the following:

Night of the Bloody Tapes
collab with the Rita
collab with John Wiese (the one under both the names and the one with the project name "White Gold")
Misery Guts (both versions)
Anguish 3"
split with the Rita

But that's it so far.  It's a very large discography and I don't know what else to get...  I've had NOTBT since 2007 and have listened to it so many times that I've, no joke, memorized every part of it.  The collab with The Rita, both with John Wiese, Bloodstalkers, collab with Oscillating Innards, Misery Guts, and Anguish are my next favorites.  I'm not real into the split with the Rita.

Please give recommendations, not "Oh, those are the only ones I've heard and...".  That's not helpful.

Baglady

The Smog City tape on Harsh Head Rituals is one of my favorites. Very very dense!

collapsedhole

the split tape with Other Peoples Children

the split tape with Pedestrian Deposit on Monorail Trespassing

i also really like the collaborative LP with Howard Stelzer, though that is likely the quietest TCP!

chume

Quote from: collapsedhole on March 24, 2019, 12:32:10 AM

i also really like the collaborative LP with Howard Stelzer, though that is likely the quietest TCP!

This is definitely one of my favs as well as the Black Witchery cd which is fuckin crushing psych HN

Strangecross

Going to have to say that my favorite project from both Phil and Jon Borges is KNIVES. The packaging and sound is so SHARP.
Even though this is my favorite project of Jon's, still what is better and is maybe one of the best post 2000's noise releases is Emaciator's "Neglect," just to clarify my opinion and straying away from the real topic...Can anyone remember the origin of the name 'The Cherrypoint?' My favorites are the Dilloway split and the Moth Drakula split.

how about 'Sex Magik'?

pureterror

Not as heavy as Night of the Bloody Tapes but still readily available are two longtime personal faves: the Black Witchery CD and the Live at Camp Blood collab CD with Yellow Swans. I might be the only person alive, though, that likes that YS disc.

I also really like all the collab LPs on Troniks, particularly Soaked White with Impregnable and Casual Sex with Privy Seals.

chume

Quote from: pureterror on April 01, 2019, 10:13:40 AM
Live at Camp Blood collab CD with Yellow Swans. I might be the only person alive, though, that likes that YS disc.

I forgot about that cd, always enjoyed that one. This also reminds me of the tracks on the California box. There is a Live at Camp Blood cut that totally kills, not sure if its taken from the same session but they're both from 2004. The Live at The Smell track that follows is less than 6 mins and is one of my favorite Cherry Point tracks.

JacksonPratt

Rusted Gut is holds its own with any of the big ones.
Superstar '84 and Grim Company also come to mind.
His side of 2000 maniacs is one of the hottest harsh recordings I've ever heard.

ethnic_separatist

There were a few single sided 12"s that came out on Troniks around the same time featuring The Cherry Point collaborating with (off the top of my head) Impregnable, The Rita, Privy Seals (perhaps more). These were all great and worth tracking down.

Fistfuck Masonanie

Quote from: chume on April 03, 2019, 10:36:17 AM
Quote from: pureterror on April 01, 2019, 10:13:40 AM
Live at Camp Blood collab CD with Yellow Swans. I might be the only person alive, though, that likes that YS disc.

I forgot about that cd, always enjoyed that one. This also reminds me of the tracks on the California box. There is a Live at Camp Blood cut that totally kills, not sure if its taken from the same session but they're both from 2004. The Live at The Smell track that follows is less than 6 mins and is one of my favorite Cherry Point tracks.

I don't understand the disinterest over the Yellow Swans collab either. I actually JUST got the CD as a freebie from an order I placed with Phil and this CD shreds, I love it! Will be spinning it a lot.

Also, the Smog City tape as someone mentioned earlier is fantastic. I used to have a copy and sold it which I now deeply regret. Probably impossible to get that one back.

Balor/SS1535

I really, really enjoy the Black Witchery compilation.  Powerful tracks that never devolve into simple walls.