Witch Hunt Season is Open

Started by EXU, February 11, 2019, 09:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GEWALTMONOPOL

Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

Kayandah

Quote from: Balor/SS1535 on October 24, 2019, 10:04:16 PM
It gets worse:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1117144446577995776.html

That contains more 2+2=5 than I thought possible.

It's easy to laugh it off, but their level of harassment and self-empowerment is disturbing.

yosef666

Quote from: Gefühlloser on October 31, 2019, 08:47:42 AM
This kind of crap is rampant all over the place these days. Something both hilarious, and horribly stupid I found recently was this:

https://antifascistneofolk.com
Funny stuff. A lot of the acts he loves so dearly are certainly less "pure" than he would like; for instsnce, Aerial Ruin and Sangre de Muerdago are two acts he profiles glowingly. Both played the wonderful Stella Natura fest in 2012, alongside such awful, terrible, no good acts as Changes, Blood Axis, Pyhä Kuolema and Waldteufel, all perpetual bogeymen of the obsessive ultraleft. There was no conflict. It's almost as if it was all about the music. Crazy, I know.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer

fetch the rope

Quote from: endors_toi on October 28, 2019, 12:21:23 PM
I get the same "Forbidden" message for about a week now, too.
The website itself works, but when trying to access the forums section this message always appears.
What gives? Sorry for being uninformed.

All of you could just email Yosuke and ask directly. He has stated that the forum will be back but he hasn't found time to take care of it for now.
Affirmative Apartheid

https://outofthedungeon.net

yosef666

Quote from: fetch the rope on November 03, 2019, 09:43:15 AM
Quote from: endors_toi on October 28, 2019, 12:21:23 PM
I get the same "Forbidden" message for about a week now, too.
The website itself works, but when trying to access the forums section this message always appears.
What gives? Sorry for being uninformed.

All of you could just email Yosuke and ask directly. He has stated that the forum will be back but he hasn't found time to take care of it for now.
I believe that NWN forum is not coming back as per my most recent communications with Yosuke this weekend. Very unfortunate if so.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

"As long as humans have hands to draw with, topics such as fucking, sucking, tits, ass, sodomy, pink cunts and big dicks along with death, murder, politics and power will always be on our cave walls." -Joe Roemer

aububs

must be hard to multi-task being a wealthy biotech chemist and running nwn

something had to give

you hate to see it

A-Z

if nwn doesn't come back are there any decent alternatives?

brutalist_tapes

Quote from: A-Z on November 04, 2019, 03:29:21 PM
if nwn doesn't come back are there any decent alternatives?

i would like to know this too. s-i is great for industrial, but i don't know of many similar metal boards to nwn!

NO PART OF IT

"These people cannot accept the fact that truth is non-binary an is post-ideological, that the "arts" (sorry for the term) are not necessarily of civil use, and that social criticism does not necessarily have to fit an agenda."

That's the most relevant quote to this whole thread to me.  I'd add that the one of the most challenging things a creative person can do is to take a genre that is not known for nuance, and use it for the purpose of being nuanced.  Very few people get nuanced expression in general.  Symbolism is a dying art.  That said, and I've said it elsewhere before, I can't stand any sort of "call-to-action" in recorded media or art.  If it's not open to interpretation, it's advertising and propaganda.  Whether it's toothpaste, A New Europa, or "Fighting The Nazis", I'm utterly bored and I want to send these people a bill for betraying my trust and trying to come into my home like Jehovah's Witnesses with their goofy ideologies.  This sort of push and pull is like a circle jerk between sadists and masochists.  It's all very sexual to me, as I've said before.  On the extreme ends, you have the people who are so repulsed by their racist impulses, that they must go beat people that they think are racist.  On the other end of the spectrum, you have the people who are so repulsed by their homosexual impulses, that they must go out and beat up gay people.   Somewhere inbetween, you have people who would likely consider eachother exceptionally good in bed. 

In all of this thread, I find it odd that the most offensive thing, to me, is that no one pointed out whether or not Phillip Best apologized for dumping Hitler speeches over other artists' work without permission.  I don't care if it's E.A. Koetting, he deserved an ass-kicking when he did that!   I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't give a shit unless someone has bad manners.  I can't really stand rip-off artists, I hate them more than any person who favors one race or the other.  I've never really known anyone who made a distinct effort to promote racism.  I'm sure they exist, I'm sure some of them make music, and I'll be the first to admit that it's tough to nail down whether or not it needs to be banned or not.  I think banning it gives it a certain power, but accepting it also gives it a power.  A couple years ago, The Guardian reported at length what they considered a rise in Fascism in Italy, and a strong, unmistakably fascist music scene.  I figure there are enough people who are racist or fascist enough without the "crypto" to bother oneself with, so my mind isn't particularly boggled about someone whose leanings are merely questionable. 

That said, people can be banned for whatever reason anyone wants to ban them.  I've let some bozos fuck up a perfectly good show in the name of free speech before myself.  I disagree with others' sentiments about people who look for provocation, that they're "usually intelligent".  Generally they're emotionally stunted and starved for any sort of attention, especially negative attention; the self-destructive end of the narcissistic disorder spectrum.   It's best to leave them alone and not give them any sort of attention.  Meth addicts can start their own scene any time they wish. 
A caterpillar that goes around trying to rip the wings off of butterflies is not a more dominant caterpillar, just a caterpillar that is looking for a bigger caterpillar to crush him.  Some caterpillars are mad that they will never grow to be butterflies.

https://www.nopartofit.bandcamp.com

deutscheasphalt

Quote from: NO PART OF IT on November 22, 2019, 02:47:31 PM
whether or not Phillip Best apologized for dumping Hitler speeches over other artists' work without permission. 

I know man, he should have sued... Using copyrighted speeches like that without asking for permission is fucked up.

FreakAnimalFinland

whether or not Phillip Best apologized for dumping Hitler speeches over other artists' work without permission. 

Best? You mean the MB's album on Come Org? I think we can credit that for other British gentleman.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

deutscheasphalt

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 23, 2019, 10:12:07 AM

Best? You mean the MB's album on Come Org? I think we can credit that for other British gentleman.

Two of them to be fair

XXX

Quote from: FreakAnimalFinland on November 23, 2019, 10:12:07 AM

best has said that he wished bennet had completely dubbed over MB's music as he thought of him as a "low level italian hustler."

FreakAnimalFinland

That type of comments that date back several decades ago, are quite amusing to put in spotlight now. It reminds of earlier linked twitter message collection where just about every relevant musician within history of Black Metal was exposed to have offensive opinions or sometimes in distant history expressed something someone may not like. That same piece included Whitehouse, Sutcliffe Jugend, etc. Still digging up the same minor details one thought would have been dealt with decades ago...

There is amusing case now in Finland. Old comedian apologized for sami people (indigenous people north of finland & scandinavia) for making fun about them back in 80's and early 90's. Soon gypsies  stepped in asking why they are not apologized. Comedian books meeting with some gypsy organization. Jokes included pretty much every minority and various other groups of people.

Related to this, there are 4 different criminal investigations requests filed for old TV shows. Police has to decide whether they should "investigate" does a joke on TV comedy 20+ years ago possibly fall into category of racial hatred, based on laws that were applied decade(s) after jokes were aired on TV. So not that they would be now streamed by TV channels, but mere existence of such humor could be offensive and possibly illegal based on new laws.

Yet, it appears as if public response is predominantly and increasingly in opposition of all sorts of crybabies. Impression of "outrage" created by pretty much insignificant social media users may seem uproar. Yet every time it seems to meet with louder laugh and ridicule from those who see such ridiculous spectacle. Put this on context of "noise" or "metal" and the scale of offenses and reasoning alltogether gets amusing enough to be comedy.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net

aububs

edit: forget it