Special Interest
November 12, 2019, 07:31:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: What's that one indispensable piece of gear in your collection ?  (Read 9100 times)
l.b.
user

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2019, 06:18:28 PM »

boring one: Steinberg UR44 usb audio interface. makes everything sound right on, way better than the focusrite or similar entry-level interfaces. it's not fun to use, it doesnt have a cool story or anything, but it's literally my one indispensable piece of gear. you can make sounds with anything.
W.K.

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2019, 08:50:15 PM »

T-Resonator. Broke it twice beyond repair, and now the third one already looks like someone smashed someones head with it, not one pot is sitting straight. Still, if it breaks and cannot be repaired, I am going to buy another one.

Really like this thing, but the build quality leaves a lot to be desired and it's not cheap either.

What do you run into it? It seems sick

At my current setup I have it in the stereo effect chain after my first mixer.

Something like this: most of synths >  first mixer > FX > T-Resonator > Compressor/Limiter > second mixer / audio interface.

...and nothing of value is gained.
Euro Trash Bazooka
Heavy user

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2019, 11:30:47 PM »

Oops, I just built myself a compressor again...

DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/
Hemwick
moderate user

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2019, 08:14:46 PM »

My peavey modeling amp.  It's a vyper and has an assortment of effects built it.  Makes it very easy to work with and especially being on a budget.  Works great with a bass but my guitar sounds like shit through it.  I run my micro korg and bass through it all the time
Acne
moderate user

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2019, 02:39:58 PM »

My boss loop station right now, great for layers live, but I just got an sp404 though so I imagine that will kind of take over any layering need once I get the hang of it.

(\__/) ╔═.♥.═════════════════════════╗
(>'.'<)  Ⓔⓥⓔⓡⓨⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓘⓢ ⓐⓦⓔⓢⓞⓜⓔ
(“)_(”)╚═════════════════════════.♥.═╝
Hemwick
moderate user

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2019, 02:50:01 PM »

My boss loop station right now, great for layers live, but I just got an sp404 though so I imagine that will kind of take over any layering need once I get the hang of it.

I was looking at boss loop station yesterday when I went to get some new cables.  It does seem like a great pedal but just don't want to spend 100 dollars for one pedal though
Acne
moderate user

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2019, 03:06:47 PM »

I was looking at boss loop station yesterday when I went to get some new cables.  It does seem like a great pedal but just don't want to spend 100 dollars for one pedal though

It’s a total powerhouse, was one of the first things I ever bought and I think I have used it for every set I’ve ever played. I think the JamMan soloxt is better probably and pops up on eBay for 60-70, holds more loops and has more banks and its loaded from an SD card which is convenient

(\__/) ╔═.♥.═════════════════════════╗
(>'.'<)  Ⓔⓥⓔⓡⓨⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓘⓢ ⓐⓦⓔⓢⓞⓜⓔ
(“)_(”)╚═════════════════════════.♥.═╝
Hemwick
moderate user

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2019, 03:40:10 PM »

It’s a total powerhouse, was one of the first things I ever bought and I think I have used it for every set I’ve ever played. I think the JamMan soloxt is better probably and pops up on eBay for 60-70, holds more loops and has more banks and its loaded from an SD card which is convenient

Excellent thank you for the feedback.  The SD card functions sold me.  And the price isn't bad at all. 
A-Z
moderate user

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2019, 02:28:50 AM »

Sherman Filterbank 2. Can't help but use it on every production.
tiny_tove
Overkill user

ELETTRONICA RADICALE EDIZIONI

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2019, 08:19:55 PM »

Sherman Filterbank 2. Can't help but use it on every production.

need to buy this

Foss

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2019, 10:19:23 PM »

The only things i have ever actually bought another exact copy of after they broke is the Danelectro french toast (the best for piercing harsh guitarsound) and the boss eq pedal for being in command in the fx pedal chain for noise. Also mandatory to have a turntable that can take a beating through some rough sampling. I have used the same pair of Technics 1200 for the last 15 years, and they will for sure last forever.
slowtone
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2019, 03:55:18 AM »

Boss DSD-3 Digital Delay/Sampler

Rugged unit, does the job, you have to work out your sample shitnish in your head, work is not a four letter word, no extra features, very worth the money.
Balor/SS1535
moderate user

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2019, 05:24:38 PM »

For me, it would have to be my guitar am (I'm not sure what model it is - but it's not too high end).  I can use it for feedback, I can run my keyboard through it, and it makes some really nice noise when I plug the input cable about halfway into the headphone port.
Stipsi

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2019, 02:25:04 PM »

4ms noise swash
PuddysJacket

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2019, 08:47:07 PM »

Bitch Box
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: