Special Interest
December 11, 2019, 05:06:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's that one indispensable piece of gear in your collection ?  (Read 9798 times)
WhiteWarlock

« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2019, 01:30:00 PM »

Me... my spirit... my brain... & Eye... everything else can be somewhat easily replaced or substituted...
(you will realize this for yourself if start having physical problems and/or die)
next is my 1984/85 Gibson... & 1978 Korg 35 chip original MS20... just because... they are part of "me" anymore
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 01:39:29 PM by WhiteWarlock » Logged

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
http://www.n01ze.com/
Balor/SS1535
user

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2019, 05:17:29 PM »

Me... my spirit... my brain... & Eye... everything else can be somewhat easily replaced or substituted...
(you will realize this for yourself if start having physical problems and/or die)

True, unless you get into making some sort of installation art that continues to play and create music independently of yourself (which is possible).
WhiteWarlock

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2019, 05:50:10 AM »

True, unless you get into making some sort of installation art that continues to play and create music independently of yourself (which is possible).
correct yet it still generally requires "You" somehow... unless you personally train an apprentice... ancient method
have created quasirandomgenerativesequencer that can hypothetically play until something breaks or power goes out...
yet it requires me for doing the system setup & such... & anyone else would be clueless for the most part... unless teach them...
hmmm something for pondering... Thanks for the idea... haven't been thinking about such applications...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 05:56:04 AM by WhiteWarlock » Logged

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
http://www.n01ze.com/
Balor/SS1535
user

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2019, 05:56:16 PM »

correct yet it still generally requires "You" somehow... unless you personally train an apprentice... ancient method
have created quasirandomgenerativesequencer that can hypothetically play until something breaks or power goes out...
yet it requires me for doing the system setup & such... & anyone else would be clueless for the most part... unless teach them...
hmmm something for pondering... Thanks for the idea... haven't been thinking about such applications...

I would wonder, then, what the true extent of your influence on the music ultimately would be.  You are correct in pointing out that you would still need to have the plan of how to make the system, and would, most likely, play a part in building it.  However, if the system would then go on to play music completely independent of you, I would think that the longer it does so, the less important you (as the creator) would become.  Alternatively, I suppose that one could also argue that the longer the music plays independently the greater the importance of the creator was - after all, they did make something that was able to operate in such a manner.

I think that Steve Roden did some art installations that center around this idea.  I will have to look into them some more.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: