What's that one indispensable piece of gear in your collection ?

Started by urall, September 13, 2018, 11:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Euro Trash Bazooka

DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

Hemwick

My peavey modeling amp.  It's a vyper and has an assortment of effects built it.  Makes it very easy to work with and especially being on a budget.  Works great with a bass but my guitar sounds like shit through it.  I run my micro korg and bass through it all the time

Acne

My boss loop station right now, great for layers live, but I just got an sp404 though so I imagine that will kind of take over any layering need once I get the hang of it.

Hemwick

Quote from: Acne on May 11, 2019, 03:39:58 PM
My boss loop station right now, great for layers live, but I just got an sp404 though so I imagine that will kind of take over any layering need once I get the hang of it.

I was looking at boss loop station yesterday when I went to get some new cables.  It does seem like a great pedal but just don't want to spend 100 dollars for one pedal though

Acne

Quote from: Hemwick on May 11, 2019, 03:50:01 PM

I was looking at boss loop station yesterday when I went to get some new cables.  It does seem like a great pedal but just don't want to spend 100 dollars for one pedal though

It's a total powerhouse, was one of the first things I ever bought and I think I have used it for every set I've ever played. I think the JamMan soloxt is better probably and pops up on eBay for 60-70, holds more loops and has more banks and its loaded from an SD card which is convenient

Hemwick

Quote from: Acne on May 11, 2019, 04:06:47 PM
Quote from: Hemwick on May 11, 2019, 03:50:01 PM

It's a total powerhouse, was one of the first things I ever bought and I think I have used it for every set I've ever played. I think the JamMan soloxt is better probably and pops up on eBay for 60-70, holds more loops and has more banks and its loaded from an SD card which is convenient

Excellent thank you for the feedback.  The SD card functions sold me.  And the price isn't bad at all. 

A-Z

Sherman Filterbank 2. Can't help but use it on every production.

tiny_tove

CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

Foss

The only things i have ever actually bought another exact copy of after they broke is the Danelectro french toast (the best for piercing harsh guitarsound) and the boss eq pedal for being in command in the fx pedal chain for noise. Also mandatory to have a turntable that can take a beating through some rough sampling. I have used the same pair of Technics 1200 for the last 15 years, and they will for sure last forever.

slowtone

Boss DSD-3 Digital Delay/Sampler

Rugged unit, does the job, you have to work out your sample shitnish in your head, work is not a four letter word, no extra features, very worth the money.

Balor/SS1535

For me, it would have to be my guitar am (I'm not sure what model it is - but it's not too high end).  I can use it for feedback, I can run my keyboard through it, and it makes some really nice noise when I plug the input cable about halfway into the headphone port.

Stipsi

North Central
Mademoiselle Bistouri
Daddy's Entertainment.
PERVERT AND PROUD.

WhiteWarlock

Me... my spirit... my brain... & Eye... everything else can be somewhat easily replaced or substituted...
(you will realize this for yourself if start having physical problems and/or die)
next is my 1984/85 Gibson... & 1978 Korg 35 chip original MS20... just because... they are part of "me" anymore
Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
FreakMaker
SynthWizards/N01ZE

Balor/SS1535

Quote from: WhiteWarlock on November 07, 2019, 01:30:00 PM
Me... my spirit... my brain... & Eye... everything else can be somewhat easily replaced or substituted...
(you will realize this for yourself if start having physical problems and/or die)

True, unless you get into making some sort of installation art that continues to play and create music independently of yourself (which is possible).