Special Interest
December 15, 2019, 07:55:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Eurorack  (Read 10467 times)
wretches

« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2019, 11:55:08 PM »

what do you all think of the shard module, i been going back and forth on it for a while. can you get any decent lower sounds out of the internal oscillators or just highs like in the demo video? is it worth the rack space to just use to process external audio? also how’s it mesh with piston honda, it seems like you could get some weird shit
Euro Trash Bazooka
Heavy user

« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2019, 07:59:54 AM »

I don't use Piston Honda nor any of the Harvestman gear so I can't make any comparison. I have Shard though, and I think that it naturally glitches a lot in the high-end side of the spectrum, and that it was more likely built with the idea of feeding it something else in mind (most likely Wreckage.) I get my lower-ends when I feed it other signals and play with the input level. I love using it as some kind of weird glitchy drum machine on its own, with some euclidian rhythms and all. I played a gig last weekend and a friend of mine fed Rings into his, and it made killer sounds almost akin to a distorted electric guitar. So it's cool on its own but gets a million times cooler when you feed other things in it, as most eurorack modules.

Also worth noting, it's one of the better-built modules I own, only beaten in panel quality by the Verbos modules in my rack (the Verbos panels are heavy as hell.) It's also the deepest of the modules I have and finally, it makes a lot of noise that can bleed into other modules. I'm thinking of a really sensitive filter of mine through which I could hear glitches while neither of the modules were patched together. I usually put Shard between two digital modules whose signal is slow and doesn't bleed. Then it works like a Shard, hehe.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 08:06:31 AM by Euro Trash Bazooka » Logged

DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/
HONOR_IS_KING!
Heavy user

« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2019, 04:57:09 AM »

also how’s it mesh with piston honda, it seems like you could get some weird shit

I had the chance to do this and regret not doing so. Piston Honda and the Hertz Donut modules are super hard on their own alone. I can assume it would be absolutely incredible.

KOUFAR x TERROR CELL UNIT
https://soundcloud.com/crimesofthecrown

PSALM 109
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: