Seen and not seen's, recommendations and queries on top films in general.

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 29, 2009, 06:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitewerksMTB

Quote from: online prowler on November 04, 2019, 10:10:35 PM
Also plunged into the new bluray edition of The Thing. Of course no need to introduce this finest hour film by Carpenter. The newly restored picture quality was quite good, maybe a bit too polishied? Have a question mark on a few seconds in the Norwegian helicopter scene in the beginning. Looked like it was a bit too over-processed at times?

I haven't watched it yet but Arrow didn't process anything from what I understand other than color grading. There were a lot of American complaints b/c Arrow's image is considerably different than what we're use to seeing. Scream Factory didn't get a hold of the orig. cam. neg. like Arrow & SF definitely processed their transfer.

I think SF did a steelbook release & licensed the Arrow transfer...

The Dead Center looks interesting. May check it out of I come across a discounted copy. I need Cruising, as well.

aububs

midsommar is prob the most accurate depiction on film of dropping acid that i've seen

Gefühlloser

Midsommar is suspect to me as something a Jewish director would create to make Scandinavian pre-Christian ideas look EVIL in a strange political climate. I haven't seen it, and I doubt people are dumb enough to link it with the reality of Scandinavian history, but I feel like watching it would be like cutting my balls off in some way.

deutscheasphalt

WCN

Quote from: Gefühlloser on November 05, 2019, 10:20:43 PM
Midsommar is suspect to me as something a Jewish director would create to make Scandinavian pre-Christian ideas look EVIL in a strange political climate. I haven't seen it, and I doubt people are dumb enough to link it with the reality of Scandinavian history, but I feel like watching it would be like cutting my balls off in some way.

Midsommar is terrible, but man this is about the dumbest thing I've read on this board.
Harsh Noise label and EU based distro of American Imports
https://whitecentipedenoise.com/

DSOL

since it's basically a morbid breakup story, your Alex Jones assessment is completely off base
"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

Gefühlloser

Quote from: Harvest on November 05, 2019, 10:45:01 PM
I haven't seen it

then maybe keep your dimwitted opinion to yourself?

Nothing dimwitted about calling out the film industry for the shit it's been doing for decades. I'm not the first one with this opinion, and I certainly won't be the last. Ari Aster is a Jewish director. Sweden is in strange political times, and there are groups of "nationalist" types rising up around the country. What does the film industry often do in these times? This exact kind of shit. If Alex Jones is all you can utilize as a reference then you aren't seeing the bigger picture.

Duncan

Watched the new Terminator. Stupid as fuck but the new bad guy Terminator was pretty cool.

aububs

the new terminator is awful but i liked it. enjoyed the t-800 getting into drapes and interior design.

aububs

Quote from: deutscheasphalt on November 05, 2019, 10:27:53 PM
Quote from: aububs on November 05, 2019, 09:31:46 PM
midsommar is prob the most accurate depiction on film of dropping acid that i've seen

Watch climax

yeah that's good too but midsommar hit closer to home for me

Duncan

Quote from: Duncan on November 06, 2019, 12:17:40 AM
Watched the new Terminator. Stupid as fuck but the new bad guy Terminator was pretty cool.

Aye, I liked big Carl. Those bits were funnier than intended I think.

XXX

Quote from: Gefühlloser on November 05, 2019, 11:38:01 PM
Quote from: Harvest on November 05, 2019, 10:45:01 PM
I haven't seen it

then maybe keep your dimwitted opinion to yourself?

Nothing dimwitted about calling out the film industry for the shit it's been doing for decades. I'm not the first one with this opinion, and I certainly won't be the last. Ari Aster is a Jewish director. Sweden is in strange political times, and there are groups of "nationalist" types rising up around the country. What does the film industry often do in these times? This exact kind of shit. If Alex Jones is all you can utilize as a reference then you aren't seeing the bigger picture.

i am literally laughing aloud at my work. you figure E.T. was a ZOG plot to make me eat reese's pieces?

aububs

deutscheasphalt

Quote from: WCN on November 05, 2019, 10:38:04 PM

Midsommar is terrible, but man this is about the dumbest thing I've read on this board.

Hahaha I know!! It took all my willpower to not reply to this last night since I've taken shots at this guy before. Man I wish I could talk to him in person to get the full scope of bigotry. I'm inviting everyone to check out his last posts and decide for yourself if he's a troll (or just a scholar of scandinavian history who is able to sense movies without watching them?) LOL