Seen and not seen's, recommendations and queries on top films in general.

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 29, 2009, 06:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANDROPHILIA

don't miss the last Mad Max fury road
aesthetically devastating and almost devoid of digital effects ( with some exceptions ).

-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

chibitachop

Quote from: ANDROPHILIA on May 23, 2015, 10:03:42 PM
aesthetically devastating and almost devoid of digital effects ( with some exceptions ).

a more realistic assessment would be the extensive digital effects are done well enough that most people don't seem to notice them:

regardless I agree it is a thoroughly entertaining movie

ANDROPHILIA

Quote from: chibitachop on May 23, 2015, 10:33:21 PM
Quote from: ANDROPHILIA on May 23, 2015, 10:03:42 PM

a more realistic assessment would be the extensive digital effects are done well enough that most people don't seem to notice them:

regardless I agree it is a thoroughly entertaining movie
[/quote

yes there are some digital works on the movie but almost nothing for a film of this type in 2015.
bot a lot of real action and massive use of stunts.
great
-ANDROPHILIA
-LIM DUL

"Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture" 
(L.Cohen)

cr

Quote from: tiny_tove on May 23, 2015, 01:51:59 PM
the trailer looks a bit cheesy...
Hah, that's true indeed. But I don't rely much on trailers, they're mostly just incoherent pieces of the actual movie cut together to look somehow interesting for the 'target group'.

THE RITA HN

bitewerksMTB

ROAD GAMES is excellent. Also, TURKEY SHOOT & RAZORBACK are worth checking out.

Euro Trash Bazooka

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on May 26, 2015, 09:42:13 PMAlso, TURKEY SHOOT & RAZORBACK are worth checking out.

Both backed.

Not an "action" film per se but "Wake In Fright" definitely gives you a rough and gritty outlook on the Outback.
DROIT DIVIN: https://droitdivin1.bandcamp.com/

CRYPTOFASCISME / VIOLENT SHOGUN /
ETC: https://yesdivulgation.bandcamp.com/

bitewerksMTB

These westerns will be getting US blu-ray releases this summer: THE REVENGERS; A REASON TO LIVE, A REASON TO DIE; & FACE TO FACE. All from Kino (they're doing DERANGED uncut, too). All are up for pre-order on DiabolikDVD.

I've got The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll & Miss Osbourne waiting to be watched...

cr

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on May 14, 2015, 10:08:12 PM
Along with "Unforgiven" & "TG,TB, & TU", check out "The Outlaw Josey Wales", "A Fistful of Dollars", "High Plains Drifter", & "For A Few Dollars More". Also, Corbucci's "The Great Silence".
Thanks a lot for the recommendations. Just watched The Great Silence, and all the snow in that movie made the summer heat here a bit more tolerable.

bitewerksMTB

William Friedkin's SORCEROR!

Also, THE STRANGE CASE OF DR. JEKYLL & MISS OSBOURNE

online prowler

Diary Of A Lost Girl (aka Tagebuch einer Verlorenen. 1929).

Seedy morale tale w erotic undertones. Louise Brooks under masterclass direction by Georg Wilhelm Pabst. 

cr

Rewatching "Themroc" by Claude Faraldo, with Michel Piccoli.
I remember being quite confused, when I saw it the first time many years ago in my early teens.

TS

Kropper uten Mellomrom

Andrew McIntosh

Shikata ga nai.