Seen and not seen's, recommendations and queries on top films in general.

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 29, 2009, 06:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niko

David Hess is dead, time rewatch all his classics.

QuoteThe children of horror legend David Hess have updated his Facebook account to reveal the sad news that the actor has passed away. He was 69 years old.

"It is with great sadness that we have said our last goodbyes to our beloved dad and friend to all," said the statement. "David passed away peacefully last night. The Mad Hessian lives on in his family, friends, and all of his devoted fans. Sing a song in celebration of his life."

Hess is best known for playing Krug Stillo in Wes Craven's "The Last House on the Left." He also starred in "House on the Edge of the Park" and re-teamed with Craven for "Swamp Thing," playing the villain. The actor most recently completed "Smash Cuts," opposite Sasha Grey.

Read more: http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=23047#ixzz1aJllWjwi
www.obscurex.org Noise, Power Electronics, Industrial & Experimental Label.

humanpulp

i just picked up THE BASEMENT, unreleased late 80's SOV bottom of the barrel splatter horror trash released on Camp Motion Pictures. the DVD comes packaged in a VHS bigbox and includes a VHS copy of the movie. also included are DVD versions of VIDEO VIOLENCE 1 and 2, CANNIBAL CAMPOUT, and CAPTIVES which is another unreleased piece of trash. i dont know if anyone else enjoys this garbage, but fuck knows i do.

bitewerksMTB

WAKE WOOD- 2nd Hammer Prod film; it's ok.
YELLOW BRICK ROAD- sucks.

Re-watching THE WALKING DEAD series now. 2nd Season starts tonight...

martialgodmask

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on October 16, 2011, 10:16:20 PMRe-watching THE WALKING DEAD series now. 2nd Season starts tonight...

Hoping to grab some kind of stream or download of this this week as it'll take ages for S02 to hit a UK Freeview channel I'd imagine. Really enjoyed the first series, as much as some of the artistic license employed was frustrating at times it still held up well as a short sharp introduction to the story. Probably best zombie-related in a long while? Not a great accolade I guess, competition hardly steep but still!

JHT

HOBGOBLINS (1988) – Written and directed by Rick Sloane. One of those Gremlins rip-offs. Unusually entertaining horror trash-comedy:  cheap and stupid enough and the plot goes forward without hesitation. This is very much the same category as Troll 2. Maybe I should watch also the sequel Hobgoblins 2 made in 2009.

GEWALTMONOPOL

Reminds me of that French war film Days of Glory I mentioned here 18 months or so ago about the North Africans who fought for and in France during WWII. The film mentions the effort, the sacrifice and how they in the end got fucked over by France. What it failed to mention is how they raped the shit out of anything female in sight. The Italians found out the hard way and so did (I think) the fair maidens of Baden-Wurttemberg. Just though I'd mention it.

That's French rape, now lets have some French incest. I saw a film called My Mother yesterday. Based on a book by Georges Bataille and starring the still pretty hot Isabelle Huppert. One more reason to admire the French. Dirty bastards!

As I've always refused to see it I stumbled into the last 20 minutes of Schindlers List yesterday. Holy shit what an embarrassing film. The part where Schindler breaks down because "I could have saved more" is awful beyond words. Neeson was never one of my favourite actors but fucking hell, he should have more dignity than to do this shit. Stating the obvious I know but for fucks sake does this film get as much flack as it should? I hope so!

Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

bitewerksMTB

HEAVY METAL- haven't seen the animated film in years. still pretty cool.

SiClark

YELLOW SEA - Korean film about a guy searching for his wife who has to carry out an assassination. The director's previous film was called 'The Chaser' which I highly recommend, a cop/serial killer chase film with similar feel to Seven in it's tone. Anyway, this one is very brutal. No guns here, just lots of knives and axes. Lots of dead bodies. Beautifully shot and well put together. The Korean films that I have seen all seem to have a very similar sense of humour which I love.

martialgodmask

Quote from: martialgodmask on October 17, 2011, 07:46:05 PM
Quote from: bitewerksMTB on October 16, 2011, 10:16:20 PMRe-watching THE WALKING DEAD series now. 2nd Season starts tonight...

Hoping to grab some kind of stream or download of this this week as it'll take ages for S02 to hit a UK Freeview channel I'd imagine. Really enjoyed the first series, as much as some of the artistic license employed was frustrating at times it still held up well as a short sharp introduction to the story. Probably best zombie-related in a long while? Not a great accolade I guess, competition hardly steep but still!

Ok we've had two episodes of S02 and...it's going pretty well I think. Managed to find decent streams of both, annoying having to wait a week between but still. Character development is mostly interesting, but search for lost girl is getting tedious. Surprised to see a splattered (chunks and all) baby car seat in episode 2, quite a dark moment.

bitewerksMTB

Yeah, THE WALKING DEAD is going good. Agree on the missing girl; should at least give some sort of hint of where she went instead of just walking all over the place.

T.W.D. is definitely better than AMERICAN HORROR STORY which started out ok but the 3rd episode was nothing but a goddamn soap opera. The first 15 minutes of pilot were the strongest moments. Jessica Lange steals every scene she's in being batshit crazy with her creepy mongoloid daughter (her character's words).

tiny_tove

agree on both.
TWD is keeping good and deliver very intense moments in each episode. A good balance between survival tale and gore.

American horror story first episode was classic, but it is getting boring.
CALIGULA031 - WERTHAM - FORESTA DI FERRO
instagram: @ANTICITIZEN
http://elettronicaradicale.bandcamp.com
telegram for updated list: https://t.me/+03nSMe2c6AFmMTk0

martialgodmask

Agreed, I think the balance has been struck well and if it can maintain it then it'll be worth seeing through. Anyone know how many episodes this series/season?

Scott Wilson is excellent as Hershel. In fact, the casting has been pretty good right across the board.

bitewerksMTB

AM.HORROR STORY has turned into total shit.

Has anyone seen the Brit. docu-drama about Fred & Rose West, APPROPRIATE ADULT?

Recently watched THE DEVIL'S BRIDE , one of my fave Hammer films despite it not being all that good & runs a bit too long.