Seen and not seen's, recommendations and queries on top films in general.

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 29, 2009, 06:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nil By Mouth

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on July 13, 2011, 03:49:18 AM
Watched Woo's THE KILLER the other night plus THE THING FROM OUTER SPACE.

Just received Bruno Mattei's LIBIDO MANIA

The Camera Obscura edition?

bitewerksMTB

Yes, released by C.Obscura. Is there another release for LIBIDO MANIA? I haven't watched it yet.

Also recently picked up KINGDOM OF THE SPIDERS w/Willian Shatner, THE WITCHMAKER, and EMBODIMENT OF EVIL. Will get to watching this weekend. Hot as hell around here...

Oh, and have NIGHTMARE 2-disc set preordered. Hoping it ships next week. Release date is the 26th. Early reports are very good for the 3 transfers.

humanpulp

watched lately:

SLEDGEHAMMER- dvd
BAISE MOI- dvd
ANATOMY OF HELL- dvd
CRUISING- dvd
NIGHT OF THE DEMON- dvd
ILSA: SHE WOLF OF THE SS- dvd

Nil By Mouth

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on July 15, 2011, 12:51:47 AM
Yes, released by C.Obscura. Is there another release for LIBIDO MANIA? I haven't watched it yet.

I think not. The Camera Obscura DVDs are very expensive, do you have cheap suggestions ?

JHC

Quote from: humanpulp on July 15, 2011, 09:49:41 AM
ANATOMY OF HELL- dvd

How was this??....have wanted to check it out for a bit as the screenshots I've seen look quite nice.

Some last stuffs viewed:

Synecdoche, New York
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383028/

In 3 Tagen bist du tot 2 (Dead in 3 Days 2)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1188993/

Splinter
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1031280/

Mum & Dad
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1129428/
"Poetry don't work on whores."

bitewerksMTB

The only cheap suggestion would be finding a link to download it. Packaging/design on their releases are nice so I don't mind buying if I know there's no more affordable alternative coming any time soon. Seriously doubt TERROR EXPRESS or LIBIDO MANIA will ever get a US release...

KINGDOM OF THE SPIDERS last night. SCANNERS right now...

Also most of BLOODY BIRTHDAY earlier.

Matthias

Footprints
Finally got around to watch this borderline-giallo by underrated director Luigi Bazzoni. Florinda Bolkan stars as a translator caught in a maze-like situation of memory loss and strange dreams. Klaus Kinski shows up as well as the annoying kid from Deep Red/Who Saw Her Die. Almost exceptionally slow-moving film with truly beautiful cinematography. The scene where Bolkan gets chased by astronauts on a beach is just pure gold. Highest recommendations. (Shameless DVD looks pretty good, although different print sources obviously been used)

Dogtooth
Heard good things about this one but was fairly disappointed. Typical modern filmfestival crap with that annoying "provocative" touch which here often just feels lame and poorly executed. Director Giorgos Lanthimos comes out as a poor mans Michael Haneke. A few good scenes but overall just uninteresting. Might be better on a second watch or on a big screen, who knows.

Tenebracid

i saw the devil - good visuals but weak story.
red white blue - awful.
viva la muerte! - no need to comment.
wizard of gore
bloodsucking freaks
¿quién puede matar a un niño?
la morte vivante - loved it, i need to watch more rollin.
assault! jack the ripper

andy vomit

Quote from: UGRA on June 09, 2011, 05:42:14 AM
When I saw Subconscious Cruelty, I knew nothing about the directors and their blahblahblah. I just got a copy with a friend of mine and watched it.
It´s not groundbreaking, and sometimes it is, indeed, a little bit pretentious. But it has some good gory fun as well and the sound is often interesting. It´s worth a try, I think.

i made it about halfway through and i had to turn it off.  WAY too many unnecessary, over the top post production effects, acting and dialogue were horrible, and i found the whole thing generally uninteresting.  it's a shame, too; a lot of people who's taste i respect recommended it to me. 
thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

bitewerksMTB

Is DIVIDED INTO ZERO on the Sub.Cruelty disc you tried to watch? It's a more interesting film...

andy vomit

thevomitarsonist.wordpress.com
danversstaterecordings.blogspot.com

bitewerksMTB

Well d/l DIVIDED...

LIBIDOMANIA is pretty good. Lots of stuff you'll wish were real. Maybe more interesting than all the really sick stuff kids are watching online everyday...

GEWALTMONOPOL

Först när du blottar strupen ska du få nåd, ditt as...

Tenebracid

import/export may be his best and most accomplished work to date but everything by Ulrich Seidl is brilliant.

FreakAnimalFinland

Have had Herzog/Kinski box set of 5 dvd's sitting in shelves for long. First borrowed from friend, and then bought my own copy for few euros in 2nd hand shop. While his films are great, they also sometimes demand special state of mind.

Aguirre, der Zorn Gottes
1972, fucking brilliant failure of crusaders/conquerors. Great jungle river landscape with almost none of the enemy (indians) seen. Just bizarre "road movie" in 1500's style and supposedly been influence for atmosphere of Apocalypse Now.

Fitzcarraldo
1982, 10 years later, very similar location, but very different movie. Kinski is odd conqueror who wasted his money on failed railroads over mountains. Attempts to do business with ice. Everybody else get rich with rubber production. Obsessed with opera and the vision of bringing european style operahouse in middle of south american jungle, he goes into absurd goal of pulling full size steam boat through jungle covered mountain.. to reach another river and untouched rubber trees. No tricks used in film, but they did it just like movie depicts. Two and half hours of utmost brilliance.

In Finland these Future Film authored dvd's are found cheap in 2nd hand shops. Recommended for anyone. Great music too.
E-mail: fanimal +a+ cfprod,com
MAGAZINE: http://www.special-interests.net
LABEL / DISTRIBUTION: FREAK ANIMAL http://www.nhfastore.net