Seen and not seen's, recommendations and queries on top films in general.

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 29, 2009, 06:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humanpulp

does anyone know anything about the new film called RED, WHITE & BLUE?

i have been hearing a lot of intriguing things from people who i do not view as credible sources.

EDIT: about SUBCONSCIOUS CRUELTY

i have not seen the film, but i remember seeing a documentary that came with the MANSON FAMILY dvd directed by Jim Van Bebber concerning a bunch of movies premiering at some canadian horror movie fest. the directors of S.C. were interviewed, and they really came off as a bunch of dorks trying really hard to come up with an explanation proving that their movie held a deeper meaning than to just shock or gross out. while i am all for mindless shlock sometimes, their insincerity and pretentiously sophisticated facade mixed with various scenes from the movie shown left a bad taste in my mouth. i wrote it off.

dfylr

Quote from: bitewerksMTB on June 08, 2011, 01:52:03 AM
A SERBIAN FILM has been cut for the UK but I haven't read anything about which scenes were cut.

I watched GRIZZLY the other day. I love nature-goes-berserk films. The mauling scenes are fantastic as is the finale.

You may want to check out Prophecy (1979),not exceptionally great but a good nature goes off the shitter film.

dfylr

Quote from: humanpulp on June 09, 2011, 01:16:16 AM
does anyone know anything about the new film called RED, WHITE & BLUE?

i have been hearing a lot of intriguing things from people who i do not view as credible sources.

EDIT: about SUBCONSCIOUS CRUELTY

i have not seen the film, but i remember seeing a documentary that came with the MANSON FAMILY dvd directed by Jim Van Bebber concerning a bunch of movies premiering at some canadian horror movie fest. the directors of S.C. were interviewed, and they really came off as a bunch of dorks trying really hard to come up with an explanation proving that their movie held a deeper meaning than to just shock or gross out. while i am all for mindless shlock sometimes, their insincerity and pretentiously sophisticated facade mixed with various scenes from the movie shown left a bad taste in my mouth. i wrote it off.

I have not seen Red,White,& Blue however a good friend of mine said it was decent but was a bit drawn out in parts and didnt have the level of violence many reviews claimed,but like most movies its almost like you have to fork over a few bucks to see for yourself what could be only an adverage payoff.

With S.C,I have heard quit a few bad remarks about the directors aswell as the producers,and I just read an e-mail a friend sent me stateing how it was a typical low fi shock film useing cheese to pander to a cult based audience,may have to pass this one up aswell.Thanks again,I really appreciate the heads up here.

UGRA

When I saw Subconscious Cruelty, I knew nothing about the directors and their blahblahblah. I just got a copy with a friend of mine and watched it.
It´s not groundbreaking, and sometimes it is, indeed, a little bit pretentious. But it has some good gory fun as well and the sound is often interesting. It´s worth a try, I think.

bitewerksMTB

PROPHECY is great. Mutant bears. Love FOOD OF THE GODS too. Missed out on a cheap, used dvd of Prophecy not too long ago.

SUB. CRUELTY starts off ok but then turns to shit. The 2dvd Dutch rel. I have has the better film, DIVIDED INTO ZERO, directed by Mitch Davis. If you want to see an old
man insert razor's into a girl's mouth, there ya go. It is an arty film but way more interesting than S.C.

RED, WHITE, & BLUE looks good. Plan on renting it soon.

Tenebracid

SHOGUN'S SADISM (1976) good mix of japanese hilarious humor and violence in ancient japan.. some cool gore scenes specially for 1976 like the dismembering of the girl in the cover and excellent intro credits using b&w "classic death photos" that everybody has seen in the internet days but not in 1976 for sure.

bitewerksMTB

In the middle of RED, WHITE, & BLUE now and it's definitely dragging...

RED, WHITE, &BLUE is dumber than a box of wet hair. The end is violent but really stupid as are all the characters & dialouge.

pontifx

saw VII.
haven't been a big fan after the first one. part VII is too typical hollywood horror cinema. but I really enjoyed the pretty intense gore sequences. seems they wanted to put the violence to a maximum. surprisingly entertaining therefore.

martialgodmask

So I borrowed The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover from a friend almost 9 months ago, he has both hassled me and derided me (rightly so) about watching it/not watching it all this time. I've finally watched it, just finished in fact.... what a stupid cunt I've been! I'm almost lost for words on how good it is. Gambon is terrifyingly good and Helen Mirren is chillingly wonderful.

jake

I SAW THE DEVIL
Enjoyable revenge movie with plenty of violence and gore.

P-K

last few days :
-la haine.....great!
-Iceman......frozen caveman emo drama,
-Amsterdamned ....Dutsch 80ies slasher diver (something for The Rita?), pretty original
-Hot Love ....comp of Buttgereit's shorts......Pappi really gripped me....
-Enter The Void ....WIN!
-Into Eternity .....docu about the Onkalo bunker for nuclear waste, good!
-Tournée.....French burlsque feelgood roadmovie full of big busty tattooed girls, yeah!
-started watching the Edge Of Darkness BBC series....80's crime/detective, pretty grim imho.

kettu

the walking death 1st season

I shotgunned it in one go, very good.

Tenebracid

herzog's nosferatu - excellent.....and it features the two greatest pair of eyes in cinema, adjani & kinski.

ConcreteMascara

Just re-watched Cronenberg's Crash. Wow, a lot better than I remembered it. The one scene where the main characters mingle with car accident victims at the scene and take pictures is just perfect. What happened to Cronenberg? Why did he turn to shit?!
[death|trigger|impulse]

http://soundcloud.com/user-658220512

bitewerksMTB

Watched Woo's THE KILLER the other night plus THE THING FROM OUTER SPACE.

Just received Bruno Mattei's LIBIDO MANIA along with EMOBODIMENT OF EVIL and KINGDOM OF THE SPIDERS.

NIGHTMARE 2-disc dvd set has been preordered (best price is available from DVD Pacific). Rel date is the 26th.