Seen and not seen's, recommendations and queries on top films in general.

Started by GEWALTMONOPOL, December 29, 2009, 06:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A-Z

Eyes of Fire (1983)
XVIII century american settlers deal with evil magic things in the woods
quite similar to recent The VVitch
less artsy, more dynamic, just as trippy
another obscure(ish?) gem

Night Warning (1981)
Jocasta complex ridden single stepmom completely loses her marbles as the stepson grows up and prepares to move out
Susan Tyrrell delivers an Oscar worthy portrayal of a woman sliding from a few screws loose into bat shit insane murderous lunatic
film psycho hall of fame material

FallOfNature

Horror Hospital (1973)
Bland and mild UK horror. Dorks get stranded in some weirdo's lair with some zombies. Hardly held my attention at all.

Pigs (1973)
Expected some TCM style horror film but got a psychotic bitch movie bordering on exploitation instead. Great atmosphere and recommended. 88 films blu ray is decent and there's one on Vinegar Syndrome too.

impulse manslaughter

Watched Lords Of Chaos last night. Story of Mayhem/Burzum in high school drama style movie. Kept me entertained and was not as bad as I expected. Would be much more convincing though if this was in the original language..

aububs

aububs

Hemwick

Quote from: aububs on June 23, 2019, 02:03:46 AM
the child's play remake is good tho

I heard alot of people say it should have been it's own movie instead of a remake. 

aububs

sure, but i don't really care about originality in the child's play universe tbh

just make the scary doll kill people. remake, reboot, sequel, who cares

DSOL

"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

EXU

I Don't Feel At Home In This World Anymore - Pretty great offbeat and sometimes blasè black comedy, one for the losers and very underrated. Should be seen if only because David Yow is the "bad guy" (the term is problematic in this movie) and he actually delivers nicely. Melanie Lynskey is very good as the protagonist and Elijah Wood is not that much annoying.

Sleepaway Camp - Great. Doesn't feel so much as a slasher in my eyes, the summer camp movie atmosphere is nailed here and the characters are more believable than usual been played by actual kids, most are even likeable in some way or another. Lots of cool goofiness and cool death scenes and the iconic ending is the cherry on the top, what's not to like?

DSOL

Quote from: DSOL on June 24, 2019, 03:39:29 PM
Quote from: aububs on June 23, 2019, 02:03:46 AM
the child's play remake is good tho

going to see this tomorrow, heard nothing but good things

reboot/remake, whatever they are calling this. this movie was complete and utter dog shit - kills sucked, plot made zero sense, no sense of atmosphere like the original (which I'm not even that big of a fan of), the "climatic" ending was so fucking stupid   
"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"

XXX

Quote from: aububs on June 26, 2019, 09:09:59 PM
nah

what an insightful comment. really took a deep dive with this one. fuck off with useless one liners.

aububs

charming

that "nah" is short-hand for "i disagree with everything you said but i don't feel like expending too much energy defending the new child's play movie"

holy ghost

I watched Murder Mystery on Netflix and I'm pretty surprised that I laughed my fuckin' ass off with a movie starring Jennifer Anniston and Adam Sandler with a moustache. But here we are!

aububs

ha yeah i loved murder mystery too

was exactly what i needed last friday night