Special Interest
December 15, 2019, 01:27:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 192
  Print  
Author Topic: Seen and not seen's, recommendations and queries on top films in general.  (Read 707013 times)
DSOL
Heavy user

« Reply #2550 on: March 25, 2019, 03:16:37 PM »

Us- was actually pretty good. really enjoyed the movie. good pace, strong acting esp the leading woman and a pretty interesting twist at the end. I've never seen Get Out so I had no prior knowledge of how Peel directed a film or how his style is, but he seem to drop a lot of easter eggs in this film which was pretty cool.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 03:30:34 PM by DSOL » Logged

"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"
aububs
Heavy user

« Reply #2551 on: March 26, 2019, 09:04:45 PM »

this is really good. i had to check my politics at the door but most of you won't have to

FallOfNature
user

« Reply #2552 on: March 27, 2019, 04:56:18 AM »

^ been wanting to see that

Haven't had time for many movies lately, with exception to;

There Will Be Blood
"I drink your milkshake!" . A favourite.

The Dirt
Motley Crue biopic, a bit silly but overall quite watchable I thought. Not really a fan, but I might chuck on one of the first two albums after half a case of beers on a Friday night (still have a Dr Feelgood tape I stole from my uncle when I was 6/7).
ConcreteMascara
SI Staff
Diehard user

« Reply #2553 on: March 27, 2019, 03:16:04 PM »

this is really good. i had to check my politics at the door but most of you won't have to

my dad recommended that to me, but it's the same director as Bone Tomahawk and I hated that movie so I'm not so sure I want to spend 2hrs45mins on a movie I might hate.

DSOL
Heavy user

« Reply #2554 on: March 27, 2019, 03:30:18 PM »

did you like Brawl in Cell Block 99? (same director as Bone Tomahawk)

I thought The Dirt was pretty amusing

DSOL
Heavy user

« Reply #2555 on: March 29, 2019, 02:51:02 PM »

The Night Comes For Us- finally watched this last night, if you're a fan of Brawl in Cell Block 99, you will really like this movie

A-Z
moderate user

« Reply #2556 on: April 03, 2019, 12:44:33 AM »

The Spider Labyrinth (1988)

an italian supernatural mystery/horror with lovecraftian undertones
imdb lists argento as the main influence besides lovecraft, and it indeed shows
i'd also add gordon & yuzna... maybe not direct influences, but the attitudes are quite similar
got all the right goodies, such as gory violence, disturbing practical fx, loss of sanity, gratuitious nudity, ancient evil cults and screenplay stupidity
overall, a very satisfying b-movie
quite surprised i never encountered it before
bitewerksMTB
Overkill user

« Reply #2557 on: April 05, 2019, 03:21:09 AM »

The Spider Labyrinth is one I have always wanted to see. I was thinking there was something about a future Blu-ray release but I may have imagined it.

Final Exam and Night School- both mediocre slasher films from '81. Very tame, not much gore. F.E. has a couple okay scenes. The only thing in N.S. is some mild nudity from Rachel Ward.

The Changeling- classic haunted house flick with George C. Scott. Kinda looses it towards the end but lots of cool sound efx, camerawork, cobwebs, etc. Severin's blu release is well-worth owning if you're fan of The Haunted, etc. The only issue is people claim the Dolby 5.1 audio track is missing some dialogue & has repeated effect sounds so just choose the plain ole stereo track the movie was made with.

moozz
user

« Reply #2558 on: April 05, 2019, 03:02:11 PM »

Nude For Satan
Mysterious Italian suspense from 1974. Not entirely sure what the movie was really about. A "couple" ends up in a castle where they bump into alternate versions of each other. Doesn't seem to make much sense but Rita Calderoni as the leading lady was a pleasure for the eyes. This movie has what is probably the shittiest fake spider in the history of cinema. Fulci's The Beyond has hyper-realistic spiders compared to this. The version I watched had some XXX footage inserted into it: a few blowjobs, pussy rubbing and a candlestick "rape". And a lady with a freaky ribcage.
ConcreteMascara
SI Staff
Diehard user

« Reply #2559 on: April 05, 2019, 03:43:34 PM »

Sacrifice! AKA The Man From Deep River (1972) - I got this BluRay for free when I won a raffle a few months back. Having never watched a single cannibal exploitation flick I thought oh this will be a great start. I came to it looking for hardcore gore and instead got the Italian exploitation precursor to Far Cry 3's plot. The cannibal aspect of the films occupies about 5 minutes in total. Instead it's about a white dude getting captured by a Thai tribe, making the Chief's daughter super horny, and his subsequent fucking and killing into the tribe's warm, cuddly heart. and then just shit loads of animals getting murdered. a very exploitative version of NatGeo, but with way more titties and fake blood. I've seen worse, but my disappointment was exponentially increased since I was expecting 90 minutes of white people being eaten.

on the other hand, showed my girl Fulci's Zombie AKA Zombi 2 for the first time and that one never gets old. new 4K bluray look insanely good too. And Frizzi's theme is still one of the best.

bitewerksMTB
Overkill user

« Reply #2560 on: April 05, 2019, 09:04:23 PM »

Stone Cold Dead- Canadian crime-thriller from 1979 that has all the ingredients to make a sordid classic but the movie runs too long and too slow. You do get a serial sniper, prostitutes, pimps, drug addicts, strippers, lots of street scenes of massage parlors/grindhouses/adult theaters, etc. Definitely worth checking out if it's cheap. My blu was around $10 shipped off of eBay.

Sticking with a similar theme, Gary Sherman's Vice Squad is being released on Blu this summer!

dodecaphonic

« Reply #2561 on: April 06, 2019, 02:47:34 AM »

Night School-

night school is cool
-good series of film posters/production stills for that film
EXU
user

« Reply #2562 on: April 06, 2019, 04:40:10 AM »

Sacrifice! AKA The Man From Deep River (1972) (...) disappointment (...).

I saw two other of the Lenzi cannibal flicks (Cannibal Ferox and Mangiati vivi!) and they are both turkeys, I guess I was expecting too much after Cannibal Holocaust but then I've never seen a Lenzi movie that wasn't bad, even if some are amusing in the right state of mind (La Casa 3 and Da Corleone a Brooklyn come to mind). I've never seen any giallo from him tho.
aububs
Heavy user

« Reply #2563 on: April 06, 2019, 10:09:06 AM »

I've never seen a Lenzi movie that wasn't bad

this is insane
Acne
moderate user

« Reply #2564 on: April 06, 2019, 01:02:15 PM »

Night Breed - What a fun lil movie - good physical effects and a cool story, loved the variety of freaks. Cronenberg was a really great bad guy in it, most of the acting was nice and campy.

(\__/) ╔═.♥.═════════════════════════╗
(>'.'<)  Ⓔⓥⓔⓡⓨⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓘⓢ ⓐⓦⓔⓢⓞⓜⓔ
(“)_(”)╚═════════════════════════.♥.═╝
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 192
  Print  

Jump to: