Special Interest
October 16, 2019, 01:34:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 188
  Print  
Author Topic: Seen and not seen's, recommendations and queries on top films in general.  (Read 671104 times)
aububs
Heavy user

« Reply #2340 on: September 29, 2018, 08:47:15 PM »

Mandy - insane fucking movie and probably one of the best performances from Nic Cage

the bathroom scene is an all-timer
DSOL
Heavy user

« Reply #2341 on: September 29, 2018, 09:56:52 PM »

Mandy - insane fucking movie and probably one of the best performances from Nic Cage

the most powerful scene in the entire movie

"I do not get bored of nude ladies nor good Japanese noise"
bitewerksMTB
Overkill user

« Reply #2342 on: September 30, 2018, 06:41:54 PM »

Last weekend was Hardcore and the Japanese film, Cure, which has some gruesome murders & a fairly weird plot.

Last night was The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. Google it if you're unfamiliar as it's a pretty obscure American horror film.

BTW, if you attend any of the big horror conventions, be on the lookout for a bootleg LP of TCM. It has a silk-screened sleeve & features all of the music from the movie. Here's a photo of the LP cover:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkFxxJSFC_G/?taken-by=thearchivect
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjU4AILlhal/?taken-by=thearchivect

« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 11:40:53 PM by bitewerksMTB » Logged

aububs
Heavy user

« Reply #2343 on: October 01, 2018, 11:14:05 PM »

love Cure

Angel Dust is another movie which i always associate with Cure. similar plot and vibe. it's really good too, maybe better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNLyhnZZwOo
FallOfNature
user

« Reply #2344 on: October 02, 2018, 03:53:56 AM »

Taeter City. Yet to see a Necrostorm feature that I feel is worth the praise it gets. No exception here either. Gore is plentiful and some is quite good but can never be taken too seriously when the blood looks like cranberry juice. Some really irritating moments too, all the computer generated graphics/cartoons annoyed me.

Cardboard Gangsters. Caught this on Netflix and it delivered for the most part. Actors were all convincing and it succeeded in painting a pretty bleak image of some of Dublin's rougher areas. There is some clumsiness and in pacing of the film and it ends pretty much just as it really gets going. I think it could've made a better mini-series than a 90min film. Worth a look if thuggish gangster movies is your thing.

ConcreteMascara
SI Staff
Diehard user

« Reply #2345 on: October 04, 2018, 03:23:51 PM »

Tuesday night was Ben Wheatley's Kill List, which I've seen 6 or 7 times now. Really love that one, only gets better with re-watching. brutal violence, unexplained developments, great music. I have no complaint to level at it. Reminds me that I need to sit down and watch A Field In England.

Last night was Wes Craven's The Hills Have Eyes. my first time watching it, I was a little surprised by how much of a trashy exploitation vibe it had. sure Last House is exploitative but in a more domestic way, but compared to this it feels almost button down. still enjoyable as hell and it was great to see a German Shepard fuck some people up.

have a feeling that I'll be digging into that cult film bitewerks mentioned, I think it's called the Texas Chainsaw Disaster or something. never heard of it but there's some guy who named latex face I heard is supposed to be spooky.

Soloman Tump
user

« Reply #2346 on: October 04, 2018, 04:28:21 PM »

the most powerful scene in the entire movie

Thanks for the heads up - this looks like a good watch.

Con-Air is one of my guilty pleasures :D

Electronic music zine
http://www.snarerush.co.uk
bitewerksMTB
Overkill user

« Reply #2347 on: October 07, 2018, 08:08:56 PM »

Ilsa: She-Wolf of the S.S.- I'm guessing no label has tackled this film is due to rights issues, sky-high money demands or lack of suitable materials to scan. Money is the best guess. Thankfully, the Anchor Bay dvd set looks good. This film always surprises me with how violent & bloody it is. I think of it as just a sex film & always forget about all of the graphic torture. The bloody, burned, cut-up woman stalking tied-up Ilsa in the climax is a site to behold. Sure would like to see it in full HD one of these days!

DSOL
Heavy user

« Reply #2348 on: October 09, 2018, 04:33:58 PM »

Because I got them on one DVD for $4.99

Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday and Jason X

The Final Friday - forgot just how terrible the movie and plot are. some decent kills but the fact that they are from random characters who just have Jason's spirit just make them more or less meh. would have been better

X - just a stupid fun movie to watch with some okay kills. the best scene is when Jason is beating the campers with each other

Satan's Slaves -  Indonesian horror film -prequel to a film with the same name from 1980. interesting plot and a few jump scenes - couple gore parts but nothing over the top.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 05:38:06 PM by DSOL » Logged

DSOL
Heavy user

« Reply #2349 on: October 10, 2018, 02:35:44 PM »

because of both bitewerksMTB & ConcreteMascara

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre

absurdexposition
Diehard user

« Reply #2350 on: October 10, 2018, 03:14:05 PM »

Wrapping up some 80s Carpenter loose ends this week. Prince of Darkness, The Fog and Christine.

Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Primitive Isolation Tactics
DSOL
Heavy user

« Reply #2351 on: October 10, 2018, 04:47:37 PM »

love The Fog, one of my favorites growing up

ConcreteMascara
SI Staff
Diehard user

« Reply #2352 on: October 10, 2018, 05:48:56 PM »

Finally watched this one for the first time last year and I was disappointed, partially due to misaligned expectations. will have to re-watch. Prince of Darkness is fucking great though! Some terrible acting and silly parts but the idea and general execution is pretty great.

Last night was my first viewing of Sleepaway Camp (1983) and I really enjoyed. I went to summer camp as a kid a lot of it rang true. kids are the fucking worst. and the acting from a the kids was generally pretty damn good. I guessed the ending pretty early on, but the execution was wayyy better than i could have imagined. the last 20 minutes or so really ramp up. I'll have to check out the terrible looking sequels soon.

absurdexposition
Diehard user

« Reply #2353 on: October 10, 2018, 06:58:17 PM »

Finally watched this one for the first time last year and I was disappointed, partially due to misaligned expectations. will have to re-watch. Prince of Darkness is fucking great though! Some terrible acting and silly parts but the idea and general execution is pretty great.

Agreed on both counts! I felt The Fog to be pretty empty.

Scream & Writhe distro and Absurd Exposition label
Montreal, QC
https://www.screamandwrithe.com

Primitive Isolation Tactics
bitewerksMTB
Overkill user

« Reply #2354 on: October 10, 2018, 09:27:56 PM »

No, no, no. The Fog is a classic. Just ask Goatlord!

Watched mainstream films the last few late nights: The Last Boy Scout, Natural Born Killers, The Grifters.

I found good deals on a couple of releases from Unearthed Films: Atroz and The Song of Solomon. I'll probably check them out Halloween night.

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 188
  Print  

Jump to: