Special Interest
August 23, 2019, 01:07:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Podcasts  (Read 3616 times)
Acne
moderate user

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2019, 02:37:02 PM »

The Last Podcast On The Left has become an addiction, thanks folks.

the latest episodes are so indepth and well researched, the old eps are great too but they have definite y stepped up

Don't know if there's been a post on this recently, but what are some suggestions on interesting podcasts? True crime, music, politics, whatever.

A few I've enjoyed recently are sword & scale (true crime), plague cast (music), horrorhound radio (film), strange familiars (esoteric), harsh truths (noise/pe/etc), used to keep up on more political based ones such as red ice radio, but the new "alt right" ones have left me wanting.

Thank you for the sword and scale recommendation - wasn't sure what to expect because of the name but the podcast is produced well but super gritty with tons of great soundclips from the cases, nice to hear weirdo lowlevel freak ass murder stories as opposed to 12 part serial killer series.

bit off the beat but I have been loving Cumtown - three NYC comics doing a lot of lowbrowish humor, these dudes kill me.

(\__/) ╔═.♥.═════════════════════════╗
(>'.'<)  Ⓔⓥⓔⓡⓨⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓘⓢ ⓐⓦⓔⓢⓞⓜⓔ
(“)_(”)╚═════════════════════════.♥.═╝
EXU
moderate user

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2019, 01:45:58 AM »

Mick Garris Post Mortem podcast is quite pleasant to listen, nice interviews with mostly horror directors, not something very in depth but as I said very pleasant and interesting conversation for horror nerds to play in the background.
F82123

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2019, 02:56:45 AM »

Some good ones I've been digging lately
Dark Topic true crime from one guy. Sometimes hilarious, sometimes brutal. Always entertaining

Westside Fairytales horror/dark fiction stories from an ex marine. Listened to 3 seasons in about a week. If you dig Ligotti I think you'll like this

Monsruo short lived podcast from the aformentioned podcastsersplus the dude from sword and scale. True crime from the killers perspective. Straddles the line between fact and fiction. Some lefty snowflakes recently got it shut down.

Those Conspiracy Guys bunch of Irish dudes blabber on for 3-7 hours about conspiracy theories. Long winded but funny.

Horrorhound Radio horror podcast from the people behind horrorhound magazine. Lots of discussion of both old and new horror movies. Pretty funny but informative. One of the guys from last podcast on the left is on it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 03:00:14 AM by F82123 » Logged

Fatigued & Relapsing
Potier
user

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2019, 09:25:15 PM »

Most recently:

Bundyville - Season II - The Remnant - more in-depth coverage that builds on the Bundy-Standoff covered in Season I - this time more about the christian right wing nutjob-spectrum, Aryan Nations, Marble Country and the politics attached to all that - ends in a bit of a lecture but is otherwise rather informative and well made.

Crackdown - monthly episodes covering the drug war from a perspective of the drug user - focus on the Vancouver, Canada downtown east side, interviews with users, lawyers, housing advocates, medical researchers etc. - informative and challenging in a way that makes you question your outlook on substance use, addictions and the layers and layers of politics and governance in a supposedly liberal country.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: