UK POWER ELECTRONICS/HN

Started by NaturalOrthodoxy, August 21, 2017, 04:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturalOrthodoxy

Apologies if there's already a thread of this nature/mods feel free to redirect and delete.

Current UK scene seems to have a lot of great projects but I feel I must be missing out on a few. Obviously I'm leaving aside all classic acts from the 80s/90s etc.

Contemporary artists that immediately spring to mind are: IFOTS, Knifedoutofexistence, Axnaar, Roases, Negative Midas Touch, Menacing 84, SCUM FC, Cremation Lily (older material now I guess), Prussian Walls, Zyklon SS, Mutant Ape, Shift, S.T.A.B. Electronics.

Who else is worth knowing about at the moment? Please feel free to use this as a shameless plug opportunity for your own project.

Deadpriest

My book of poetry: http://www.histergrant.com/

Duncan

Quote from: tisbor on August 21, 2017, 10:03:12 PM
Am Not!
for beautiful hn:
Romance
A View From Nihil

I believe that only Am Not is currently active in this list. Romance was a really special project and I enjoyed the one time I saw avfn live.

My own tastes veer off in different directions to what this topic is asking for so I've probably got very little to add but would be really keen to hear of any non hnw/industrial/ambient/concrete/collage/drone/PE tinged straight up harsh noise active in the uk right now. No problem with these styles in general but just don't know of any newish, active unadulterated noise going on anymore?

Only thing I can think of to recommend that fits the bill here is Depletion from the north east.

FallOfNature

Quote from: Deadpriest on August 21, 2017, 11:00:02 PM
Bagman

His other projects Stark and Gone Dark Bleach are recommended too.

NaturalOrthodoxy

Quote from: Duncan on August 22, 2017, 01:45:34 AM
Quote from: tisbor on August 21, 2017, 10:03:12 PM
Am Not!
for beautiful hn:
Romance
A View From Nihil

I believe that only Am Not is currently active in this list. Romance was a really special project and I enjoyed the one time I saw avfn live.

My own tastes veer off in different directions to what this topic is asking for so I've probably got very little to add but would be really keen to hear of any non hnw/industrial/ambient/concrete/collage/drone/PE tinged straight up harsh noise active in the uk right now. No problem with these styles in general but just don't know of any newish, active unadulterated noise going on anymore?

Only thing I can think of to recommend that fits the bill here is Depletion from the north east.

ah yes, I love Am Not! Yeah to clarify, any of the genres covered under the Special Interests banner are welcome in this thread. It'd be good to know who's active when it comes to putting on shows etc

Cauldhame

Whereabouts are you based/looking to play or host shows? I'm currently experimenting with potential live setups for one or both of my industrial projects so I would be interested to know where opportunities are likely to be. There's a small but thriving experimental scene up here in Tyneside but I'm out of the loop further afield.

tisbor

Related to Mutant Ape for many projects (and to Skullflower) and still active I think: Culver
Content Nullity (still active?)
and the absolut master of Uk noise in my heart: Filthy Turd - is he still active?

Petrificado

Content Nullity morphed into Mollusk King. Released a split tape with Mold Crevice in 2015 but not heard anything since.

Dyecap

Quote from: tisbor on August 24, 2017, 11:36:55 PM

and the absolut master of Uk noise in my heart: Filthy Turd - is he still active?

Filthy Turd has been active recently as Dai Coelacanth and as the main (I think...) instigator of Vile Plumage & The Burselm Community Radio Players.
Not sure about physical release stuff though...

Leatherface

Related to Mutant Ape for many projects (and to Skullflower) and still active I think: Culver

Darren/Filthy Turd was trying erase everything about the project and his implication into it because he was suspended at his job. They investigate about him and his activity and he had a lot of problems.

AXNAAR

Quote from: Leatherface on August 25, 2017, 02:01:33 PM

Darren/Filthy Turd was trying erase everything about the project and his implication into it because he was suspended at his job. They investigate about him and his activity and he had a lot of problems.

I think they'd have a hard job connecting him legally since he operates under so many aliases, Darren also being one. I can't recall him having done anything that would warrant dismissal but I don't know where he works - Filthy Turd was always great smutty fun!

Duncan

Yes, Filthy Turd has been involved in what feels like countless projects that keep coming over recent years.  Whether or not it's one or two things that keep mutating and changing names or brand new stuff each time is hard to tell and kind of irrelevant.  Suffice to say, all worth a listen.  FT has certainly evolved past those amazing harsh walls into a way more bizarre and lofi kind of sound collaging which is excellent.  Still nothing beats peak, harsh Filthy Turd when you're in that mood.

I guess it's worth mentioning Paul Watson/BBBlood who still produces excellent work.  Again, moved away from pure harsh blasting but still knows when and how to whip it out.

cr

tisbor

Sorry to hear about Filthy Turd's problems. Great, fun live act, genuinely (literally) filthy. His recorded material is also great.
And yes, BBBlood and Cementimental are absolutely underrated and worth a mention. Lovely people and technically excellent noise. Tim's harsh noise live act is incredible.