Small amp / PA for houseshows

Started by monotome, July 26, 2017, 08:16:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monotome

So I want to do some small house shows, and I am looking for a small but decent PA for Synth / Electronics / Noise. As the house is not very big, so it doesn't need to be very beefy but I do like to have a somewhat wide frequency spectrum (deep bass, good mids, clear highs without distortion).

Does anyone have some recommendations ?

Atrophist

If this question is still relevant, I'd suggest you have a look at the Fender Passport series. Versatile, good value for money, several different models to choose from. Of course other manufacturers have their equivalent, competing products, but I have no experience of those.

monotome

Could lend a Roland Cube 30 for this, and quite liked it. Gets loud enough, and the bass does make a nice growl, however turning it full open and it got a bit muddy. Still, going to get two of them soon.

Cdan

Currently looking at a pair of Yamaha DBR12s. Not the cheapest but they'll actually handle some abuse, have a fuckload of head room, sound clear as day, and will put off some low end. Paired with a sub you could do some serious damage.